Focuz headers for F22/F23? plus KVR rotor pix

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gen CL Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focuz headers for F22/F23? plus KVR rotor pix

Has anyone heard of "Focuz" headers for the F22-F23 engines?

I searched and did pull up a really old quick mention of it on some older thead where a member had it on his car when he did a dyno on it with some other parts.

The reason I'm asking is because I ended up getting a great deal -- buddy on another forum was going back to stock so he wanted to trade his for my stock.

Focuz 4-2-1 Ceramic header w/ downpipe:

Cost $50 + trade + 50% for installation/swap out = $80 total

Does this sound like an offer not to refuse?

Here are some quick pix with the headers installed in my ride from a local Honda/Acura garage over the weekend, plus quick pix of my new KVR slotted rotors (front & rear).

After the header install both myself and more so my wife, noticed the overall sound of the exhaust as a whole seemed quieter than before the swap.

Can anyone else verify it can make a difference (quieter) when switching from stock header to aftermarket when paired up with an existing custom exhaust setup?

I was supposed to pick up my Form & Function coilovers today, but I got screwed cuz the place that I left the deposit (back in June 26) didn't have them in!! And the guy who owns the shop (was the guy who also took my deposit) is away in Cuba on vacation and the guys in the shop can't find them!

The owner doesn't get back until this week Wednesday at the very earliest, so I'm left hanging -- and from what they said it might be next Monday till there is another shipment from F&F.......I am not happy

At least I finally have brakes again...plus a bit more power based solely on seat-of-the-pants feel.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Hmm never really heard of that company. As long as they dont crack you should be ok. Usually your exhaust gets louder when you put on a higher flowing header though, so idk how yours got quieter. Maybe u had an exhaust leak with the old ones.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gen CL Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think if anything the air flow actually smoothed out so there is no bottle-necking (whereas originally the exhaust was still stock from the OEM exhaust header and the downpipe flowing out through the higher flowing Magnaflow cat, resonator and through to the muffler).

This could be the case as to why it sounds quieter, no built-up pressure; plus the response time from the moment I give it gas is quicker it seems