finally got my Eibach Prokit/KYB AGX installed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 03:49 PM
Scooby Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally got my Eibach Prokit/KYB AGX installed!

Okay, after spending 4 consecutive weekends trying to install one corner, we finally finished the one corner and just drove the car to a shop for them to finish the rest. The problem was that the rear lower shock bolt was completely frozen to the inside of the bushing. The bolt head broke off. Cut off the threaded section so all that was left was the center, non threaded portion of the bolt in the bushing. Couldn't hit that bitch out even with a sledgehammer. Ended up burning the bushing with a torch to get the bolt out... which left the outer ring of the bushing wedged in the suspension arm. Took quite a while to saw and hammer that part out. Then I had to press the new bushing in, which was a real pain in the ass without a hydraulic press.

Anyway, I just drove the car to work for the first time this morning with the KYB's set in the middle position. It's noticeably less floaty than the stock setup was, but it's still not as stiff as my WRX. Feels great over large bumps but feels a little underdamped over the little ones, although it may be the squishy stock tires.

I don't know how long it will take for the springs to settle, but the car doesn't look really low at all. You can tell that it's been lowered, but it's nothing dramatic. I can still stick 2 fingers between the tires and the fenders, both front and rear.

I'll take pics sometime... it gets so dark soon now!