Finally...dropped

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:48 PM
1SlowCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally...dropped

sup guys.. well I finally got my dropped the other day and I must say my ride is better than stock.. althought my setup is only Tom's XTant (from Japan) and KYB GR-2s (from Japan as well), my ride is so good and I like the way it handles now.. just need an alignment. Pictures are attached... thanks for looking..

Old 06-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

wow i love your drop. it looks good! what kind of drop is this again? im not sure if tomxtant is the name of the drop or not clarify that with me. but anyways car is looking good keep up the good work!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:16 PM
1SlowCL

sup apocalypseCL.. thanks man.. well Tom's XTant Springs are from Japan and if I am correct.. do some search and you'll find their web site.. other companies carry them also but not too many.. these springs are awesome and i'm glad I went with these setup because my ride feels good.. better than stock..
Old 06-03-2003, 11:29 PM
i want a bimmer =(

are those chrome windshield wipers?
and ur car looks nice, but IMO, i think u need to remove the white washer lights...chrome wipers and sum of those stickers on the door.

I'm not trying to be a bitch or flame u, i know everyone has their own style...but if your happy w/ it, i guess that's all that matters
Old 06-03-2003, 11:37 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good!

Did you install a camber kit on the front?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:56 PM
AWD Torque Monster

the front is so much lower than the rear. but nice improvement
Old 06-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Racer

nice drop, ugly car Lose the stickers
Old 06-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nice drop. But please do something about the rear. I agree, get rid of those stickers. But I know how much those fuckers can cost. Also not feelin' the chrome wipers. Keep it simple yet elegant.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:15 AM
1SlowCL

sup katies99cl.. thanks.. yeah those are chrome wipers.. I am going to get rid of the stickers soon because I'm planning to get a paint job when I install my front lip and rear lip.. hey Katie.. no problem about the comments.. I get good and bad comments all the time and yes.. I am happy with my CL..

sup dustbuster4.. thanks man.. well I'm gonna get an alignment first and then a camber kit ASAP because I don't want to spend hundreds again for new tires.. what's the best camber kit for our CL and should I just need a camber kit for the front? Thanks.

sup VXCL.. yeah the front is much lower than the rear but I'm gonna upgrade to 40 series tires when I'm about to replace them.. can't wait to see your rear lip and front lip on man..

sup ricardo.. thanks.. but I think my car is not ugly.. well if you think it is.. it's aight.. I guess your car is nice and clean and cool.. appreciate the comment.. and I will loose the stickers as soon as I get my paint job done..

sup dennis.. thanks man.. yeah it's all about the stickers.. hehehehe.. don't worry like I said i'm gonna get rid of them.. thanks all guys..
Old 06-04-2003, 10:53 AM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

I love the car, except for those sickers, but it will look awesome after you get it repainted. Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by KitsJAG5254
sup dustbuster4.. thanks man.. well I'm gonna get an alignment first and then a camber kit ASAP because I don't want to spend hundreds again for new tires.. what's the best camber kit for our CL and should I just need a camber kit for the front? Thanks.
You'll need the camber kit to do the alignment. The shop will not be able to set the correct camber without the kit. Most likely will only need it on the front.

I never needed a camber kit (1.4" front; 1.4" rear), so I can't recommend a brand.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Pit Stop?

Looks super nice!

I really like the way the rims and the drop compliment each other.
Your CL is unique, which is a big plus for me.
Stickers don't bother me, but whatever.
Just keep it clean.

Keep pimpin!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:14 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by KitsJAG5254
sup katies99cl.. thanks.. yeah those are chrome wipers.. I am going to get rid of the stickers soon because I'm planning to get a paint job when I install my front lip and rear lip.. hey Katie.. no problem about the comments.. I get good and bad comments all the time and yes.. I am happy with my CL..

hey...i'm glad no offense was taken, i felt kinda bad saying that, it's like a thing i have, when it comes to cars i say what i think w/o thinking about what i say or if it would upset someone...

can't wait to see it after the paint job...have u picked a color yet?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
1SlowCL

sup KC CL 1785.. thanks man.. i agree with you.. i definitely need a paint job..

sup dustbuster4.. thanks for the info.. I didn't know that i need teh camber kit first then the alignment.. i'll probably go to ebay and find one.. ehehehe.. thanks again..

sup Minch00.. thanks man.. yeah I keep it clean all the time and yeah stickers don't bother me either.. if my car was a SHOW CAR i'm sure probably most of the people won't say anything about them.. hehehehe.. oh well..

sup Katies99CL.. yup no offense was taken.. and don't feel bad about it because it's just normal here to get good and bad comments.. well I kind a like my stock color.. I get a lot of comments actually here if it's stock color or a paint job.. because the shade of my red is totally different.. but I haven't really picked a color yet.. any suggestion? thanks..
Old 06-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Work safe avatar bish :D

looks good imho remove wipers, stickers and get a tint asides from that it looks pimp
Old 06-05-2003, 09:21 AM
1SlowCL

sup nandowong.. thanks man.. yeah I'll change the wipers and will take off the stickers.. by the way.. i'm not good at taking stickers off man.. you know who should I go to take them off? thanks..
Old 06-05-2003, 05:22 PM
i want a bimmer =(

color suggestions...um...i dont know...i guess it depends on how much u wanted to spend...i saw this really sweet dark blue M3 yesterday...that would look tight on a CL...but if u like the stock color...leave it stock

and about the window tint...personally, i wouldn't.
I dont have my windows tinted and the more i look at my car...the more i dont want it.

it may seem weird but i have been seeing ALOT of clean imports around here w/ no tint and i love the way it looks
Old 06-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Banned

well im' goin along with everyone else and sayin u need to lose the stickers, the wipers, the windshield washer lights, and if i see correctly...if thats a huge autometer tach in your windshield..u need to lost that too, and, u need tint! lol but other than that, your car looks great, i like the grilles
Old 06-05-2003, 11:22 PM
1SlowCL

sup katies99CL.. well.. I'm still deciding and if I can't make up my mind and if budget is not enough.. might just stick with stock.. well about the window tint.. I will tint it but the lightest tint since I already have a gray interior.. thanks much again...

sup katana18.. hehehe.. I already put out by chrome wipers.. next is the stickers.. about the tach.. I have a project and hopefully it'll be done by next month or I'll post pictures when it's done.. I know most people here don't like tachs or gauges.. oh well.. guess it's just me.. thanks anyways..