Emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 11:51 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Emblems?

I just got my car back from being repaired from when someone walked on it. I had removed the small rear "Acura" lettering and "2.2CL" lettering and replaced it with the Big "A C U R A" lettering from the TL. They ordered the wrong emblems of course when they repainted the trunk so now my trunk in clean except for the "A" So what does everyone think looks better, should i leave it just with the "A" or put the Big ACURA lettering back on? Thanks

------------------
'97 CL with custom scratches thanks to my mom's "wonderful" cats
Old 04-25-2001, 12:38 AM
Scooby Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think it looks a lot cleaner without the badging. I debadged the CL this weekend, here's some pics.

Painted the front badge too (& ignore the foglight ):

------------------
'02 WRX Wagon (OZ Superleggeras, removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, Dawes Devices Manual Boost Controller, etc)
'97 2.2CL (removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, interior neon lights & other ricey mods)
Old 04-25-2001, 02:06 PM
Midnight Marauder

I've de-badged mine as well. I like the look of it better without the "ACURA" lettering.

The lines we have are nice and clean so I feel it flows better.
Hit me up "Ridinlow" about how your intake situation is. I'm looking to do that very same thing but I need tips and pointers on how to do it. I'm looking to get a ram air homemade system going or what you have cause I'm too cheap to get the big stuff now.

Peace

------------------
'97 2.2CL
White
Cleared bumpers
Clean trunk look
Mods to come...need $$$!
Old 04-25-2001, 05:03 PM
Scooby Guru

Put the car up on jackstands. Pull the passenger side front wheel. Remove the fender liner (lots of little clips, be patient and remember where they go). You'll then see the big silencer box in the fender. Just unscrew & remove, and put everything back together.

------------------
'02 WRX Wagon (OZ Superleggeras, removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, Dawes Devices Manual Boost Controller, etc)
'97 2.2CL (removed intake silencer, K&N panel filter, interior neon lights & other ricey mods)
Old 04-25-2001, 05:07 PM
Cruisin'

Dude, someone walked on your ride?? I hope you gave them a good beatdown.

------------------
Ben.
--
Strive to achieve much in what little time you have.
Remain close to your inner self.
Look after the well being of the mind and body.
Give assistance and kindness where ever needed.
Knowledge is strength.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:05 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RidinLow:
Put the car up on jackstands. Pull the passenger side front wheel. Remove the fender liner (lots of little clips, be patient and remember where they go). You'll then see the big silencer box in the fender. Just unscrew & remove, and put everything back together.

</font>

Do you have any pix of how to do it?

------------------
Black '97 Acura 3.0CL Premium (Leather,WoodTrim,SunRoof Visor,Spoiler,Gold,Fogs,Air Intake,Clear Bumper Lights,Gold/Wood Pedals)
Old 04-25-2001, 06:09 PM
Midnight Marauder

How does it sound now and what type of gain did you notice?

So now basically the air is being
sucked in through the fender well away from
the engine, and going through the K&N and
factory tubing right?

What about the "ram air" modification, do you think it would make a diff?

------------------
'97 2.2CL
White
Cleared bumpers
Clean trunk look
Mods to come...need $$$!
Old 04-25-2001, 09:52 PM
Advanced

Another one for no Acura emblem, just the A. I thought about putting on the new CL Acura emblem spaced out in the center of the trunk but did not do it.

------------------
97 Black, 2.2CL, 5 spd, AEM Pulley/CAI, DC Header, Thermal R/D cat back, JET ECU upgrade, Magnecor Wires, upper/lower/front/rear bars, Eibach Pro-kit, KYBs, Red emblems, clears, PIAAs, front side markers, 98 grill, Momo shift, B & M shift adapter, BBS RX 17 X 7 1/2", FZ4s plus much more.
Old 04-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Scooby Guru

There's no better sound & performance gain this side of paying $200 for a AEM CAI. IMO, I4's sound really great when the intake side is opened up. It's only loud when you step on it and it makes a really sweet rumbling sound.

I removed the silencer, put in a K&N panel filter (which I don't recommend, BTW... K&N did a half ass job with this application), and new NGK plugs at the same time, so I can't really tell where the gains (which were minimal anyway) came from. Do this mod just for the sound it makes... it's well worth it.

The engine is now drawing air from the fender, but it's not 100% because it's not sealed to it. I wish Honda would've put some kind of scoop that would let fresh air flow though the fender rather than seal it off completely. Oh well, that's what my Subaru is for I guess.

And you don't need pics, once you get in the wheelwell, you'll figure it out. Trust me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RidinLow (edited 04-25-2001).]
Old 04-25-2001, 11:44 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vtec-cl:
Another one for no Acura emblem, just the A. I thought about putting on the new CL Acura emblem spaced out in the center of the trunk but did not do it.

</font>
Thats exactly what i had. I removed the small acura lettering and 2.2CL and put the
A C U R A lettering from a 2000 TL under the emblem. I think i might put it back on though.
Oh how did this get to be an intake discussion? Its fine and all i was just wondering

------------------
Old 04-26-2001, 12:15 AM
Scooby Guru

Well, you know how badges & intakes go together like that. :P

One of the reasons why I removed the ACURA was that I believe that Acura has never felt confident enough in the recognizability of the compass logo to put it on the car without also saying ACURA somewhere nearby. Either do one or the other, IMO. Maybe I'm just weird.

------------------
Old 04-26-2001, 01:36 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RidinLow:
Maybe I'm just weird.

</font>
No comment

------------------