To d5c5b and anyone else who painted their black trim......

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To d5c5b and anyone else who painted their black trim......

Did you guys paint the mud gaurds? I have a white CL in the shop right now for some rear end work and told them to paint the side skirts.......... wanna get some ideas. thanks
Old 06-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Instructor

just take them off. it will look cleaner
Old 06-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Racer

Here you go, hopefully this pic should help:

Old 06-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Nice car athlon! Maybe a drop and debadge the trunk and you'll have a very very clean CL. It's alredy clean looking. Good job.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Drifting

Nice car athlon.....................how long have u had them painted? any chips, peels yet? can i get a front pic?
Old 06-24-2003, 11:09 PM
i want a bimmer =(

i would say take them off, but they dont look bad painted either.

athlon--nice ride, i like how u dont have the windows tinted..makes it look very clean!
Old 06-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

yeah take them off thats what i did and it looks a lot better
Old 06-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Drifting

I have prokits....so if I take the side skirts off, my car will look like it's higher then it is. Why don't you people who took em off post some pics. I don't see how it can look good.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:08 AM
Instructor

my car is at the shop as we speak. as soon as i get it back ill try to take pics asap
Old 06-25-2003, 12:21 AM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by Nugs3
I have prokits....so if I take the side skirts off, my car will look like it's higher then it is. Why don't you people who took em off post some pics. I don't see how it can look good.
why would u wanna take them off?
Old 06-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Racer

Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments even though it's not my thread!!!!

And to Nugs3: They have chipped but that was more a result from me than that of the shop that painted it. Yes, the shop I took it to did do a poor job of prepping it but it was my fault in the fact that I scraped them going into my driveway, as there is about a 5 inch drop from the road down to my driveway. Backing onto the road is where it scraped and therefore chipped.

Anyhow, for proper preparation just take maybe 600 grit sandpaper and sand it slightly. Then take it to a shop so they can prime and paint.

And as for pictures. The picture above is an old picture maybe a few months. I have since then tinted the windows (Katies99CL don't know if you were serious about what was said!!! ), and put on a new exhaust. I know it could use a lower drop or bigger rims since the ride is already on Pro-Kits, but working on it. I would take new pictures but read the following story about what happened to my ride:

I was driving home on Friday behind a Roofing truck on the highway, some of their supplies fell off the truck, I avoided those, but next I know I hear a loud thud on the roof. Then I looked in my rearview mirror and what do you know my friggin back windshield is cracked and blanketing my rear seats. I was so pissed, engaged my horn, and trucker kept driving. I had to speed up in front of them and slam the brakes to get them to pull over. Good thing is they received two tickets, but man, just some luck, or should I say bad luck.

Well, that's the story and therefore, still waiting on their insurance co's check to go get my car fixed up and repainted, white with a blue pearl. And hopefully, have a kombat front bumper molded on, Black Widow Rear molded on and Xenon Side skirts put on. Hopefully will have this all done before fall semester begins. But also limited to the availability of funds.

I wouln't want to take pictures with her all messed up and I don't have any old shots of the front that have the mud guards in view, so...sorry. But in my opinion, I'm with Nugs3 that with a ProKit drop the mud guards do help a bit in appearance, making the car appear lower than without the mud guards.

But it defintely does its work, I would definitely not advise anyone who has them to remove them. Biggest mistake you may make passing through gravel or a construction site. Goodbye Paint!!!

Well, sorry for the long post!! I think this is usually why I post so little, it's all compressed in one post.

-James-

P.S. Get away from any of these truckers as fast as you can, the accident could've been fatal, glad I wasn't decapitated!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the more shaved/debadged/cleared out/etc. your car is the more cleaner it looks, makes sense, i took mynes on my car and it looks way nicer
Old 07-02-2003, 06:51 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

is this thread old? cause i dont know how i missed it.....anyway, i painted my mud guards.....i wouldnt take em off....cause any puddle you hit youll end up with shit all over the side of your car! mine did chip up.....i used a preasure washer one time and it ripped of some...otherwise....no probs.....if they sand and prep properly you shouldnt have any trouble! ima just repaint mine whenever i get a break! good luck....