CRAP!! Wrecked my car!! What Do I Do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 12:51 AM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
CRAP!! Wrecked my car!! What Do I Do???

Ok heres the situation. Im at a "right on red stop" and a chevy s-10's infront of me...starts to go so i start to go and then just stopped and i rear ended him...pushed his bumper down a little...not much (by the way, their truck was a peice of shit with huge dents and rust all over it....two mexicans were driving....

So my car is fu*ked up! the hoods kinda buckled, the front of the hood, (metal peice under the grill its freakin bent in like a 45 degree angle and its stuck under the bumper & the bumper is pushed up...i tried to pop and open the hood and its stuck....the latch is broke and the hood is stuck and wont open.....

Anyway, these 2 mexican guys i hit were really nice...(thought they were illegal for a sec cuz they were about to say screw it and they didnt want me to have their licence and insurance info....so they finally gave it to me and i gave them mine...their suppost to call me in a few days wit an estimate on the damage so i can either go through insurance or pay them cash....

Does anyone know anything about insurance? Say their truck needed only like a $50 metal bracket to hold and fix their bumper...then could i just claim my car to insurance like comprehensive and say i hit a pole or somethin?? (so insurance would be cheaper?? Can i even do that??

What would you all do? keep in mind im only 18 and my insurance is gonna kill me and go so high if they find out i hit someone else...would you all pay the ?$2,000?? damage (new hood & bumper & grill & paint & hood latch) pay outta pocket or just go ahead and file the insurance and risk it going up a huge ammount??

(im going to get it looked at and get an estimate tomorrow along with posting picts...

there goes my plan for a motorcycle along with my car alarm and lowering it....!!SHIT!!! THIS SUCKS....my dads soo mad at me...
Old 05-08-2004, 02:27 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would try to settle with them, try to call them if you have a number and see if you can pay to get it fixed yourself so your insurance wont go up at all

good luck
Old 05-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Flap.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, try to settle this without getting insurance involved, it may be more expensivenow, but your rates will rape you in the near future if you tell your insurance
Old 05-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
man that suks, where did this happen?
Old 05-08-2004, 01:08 PM
LA`s Top CL

cf hood for you wingswest lip for you wat else you intrested in?? lol thas wat happend for me
Old 05-08-2004, 04:14 PM

It happened at 135th and Anotich...freakin A!! Theres a backroad i always take and THIS TIME..just once i took the long way and get fucked...damnit! I'll post picts soon...my WW lip is still fine (THANK GOD) & hopfully my bumper will still be good, minus all the scratches...but for the $$ i dont care...

Does anyone think its possible to find a 97-99' Acura CL Hood at a junk yard...i mean theres tons of junkyards here in Kansas...(like You-Wrench-It)..i was thinkin, if the guys in the truck only want like $200 to fix their bumper, and if i can find a good enough hood at a salvage yard, i can get it repainted and thrown on and it would be cheaper than payin outta pocket for all the damages or going through insurance...

I mean think of all the 1st gen CL's out there...theres gotta be at least ONE at some junkyard that i can pull the hood off, get it repainted and thrown on for cheaper than buying a new hood...

What do u all think? And theose of you local to Kansas, know of any good salvage yards that might have some Acuras & or Chevy S-10's...(maybe i can get him a bumper replacement for cheap...)
Old 05-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Banned

im an adjuster, if you claim it under comp it will still be achargeable accident=your fault, then if jose and rico later claim the accine after you claim a comp your down the road to insurance fraud=a bad move, they will FUCK you for that
Old 05-08-2004, 07:48 PM

I just uploaded the picts....Click on my WWW to see the Photo Album "Wreck" with the damage picts...
Old 05-09-2004, 09:35 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Dang CJ, that sucks

The damage doesn't look too bad. Maybe a good bodyshop can just fix the hood without replacing it.
The bumper, I don't know. Looks like you might have to get a new grill though.

Good luck with everything
Old 05-10-2004, 03:01 PM
A-CL Member

Don't commit insurance fraud. I used to work for a guy who tried pull a fast one on his insurance company and he went to jail when they figured it out. You don't want to take that kind of risk. You'll need to get an attorney, and that will really cost you.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:42 PM

hehe i wont...i dont actually think these guys a hit will contact me...i mean, maybe their illegal? (they didnt want me to have any of their info) (i wish i knew what they were saying but i cant speak english) Anyway, their insurance company they use is called "A Bargain Insurance Agency"...which i guess is a real company? i donno...shounds shady to me...but hopfully they wont call and wont claim anything and then i just get pay to get my repairs fixed and everything will be good....