bulbs and stuff, could ya help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 11:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bulbs and stuff, could ya help me out?

hey, i was planning on purchasing some bulbs for my CL and i am looking for bulbs that have more wattage (superwhite color) also. I was wondering first, if double filament (polarg m13) were briighter than single filament 21w (polarg m2). I am guessing that the double ones were brighter because they are double filament and they are more expensive. Or are the raybrig 27w brighter?? the polargs do not make bulbs in the plug-in installment in 27w, however the raybrigs do. I was also wondering if upgrading the wattage will fry my fuses. Can you help me on this? i do not want to short my fuses.

what’s the purpose of a double filament bulb? Can you recommend any alternatives for me? I've heard that they are similar like the headlights that have lo/hi beam combos in one bulb, where one is on and the other is off (they are not made to go on at the same time) so does this mean that these 2x filament bulbs relay or something?

Also, can someone tell me how much the clear bumpers run for my car? (99 Acura CL-Premium 3.0)—Just like juniorbean’s

And I also purchased polar M6 18w bulbs for my corners…can someone please help me with installing these on the driver’s side? The manual is not helping me at all and it is difficult because of the large displacement engine. Also, I’m planning on getting headlights very soon. Does anyone know of a brand that matches the corner polargs? I hope/think that the 18w upgrade from the 5w wedge will look awesome with the headlights, however, I am not sure. Has anyone had an experience in this before?
Thanx all =)
Old 01-11-2002, 12:49 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

I just went with the PIAA's it was easier to get all the right colors to match for my car. As far as the Raybrigs and Polargs, I just didn't have the time to wait and mix and match the lights, so I went with one brand all at 4200K.

Double filament doesn't make much of a difference on our cars, stick with the single ones.

Clear corners run between $30 if you can find a deal on EBAY, or $45 if tyou go to Procarparts.com or AutoCarParts.com.

Larger wattage bulbs may not fry your fuses, but they do stand a chance of blowing our prematurely and/or melting your housing - be careful with this one.

With the installationof the corner bulbs, just get dirty, bend your air filter unit and reservoir and get the lamp out. It's really not that hard to do, personally, the clear corners take the most time when replacing your lamps. I'll post some photos by Monday as to how my car looks with the light upgrades, not as good as some other CL's, but nonetheless, I am happy.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:54 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dajuice27
Clear corners run between $30 if you can find a deal on EBAY, or $45 if tyou go to Procarparts.com or AutoCarParts.com.

Try this link:

Clear Bumper Lights

Cheapest around!
Old 01-11-2002, 01:10 AM
Advanced

thanx for the help, that's awesome, im gonna try and install those m6's as soon as possible. Do you by any chance remember the wattage on ur PIAAs? (not the headlights but all the other ones?) cuz the 4200K means temp rite? kelvins? all that BS im learning in chem, haha
and thanx for the link for those corners, i ordered them asap too. that's really a good deal, hey im just curious, but what does your venom 400 perf. comp do?
Old 01-11-2002, 01:32 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kinetik
......but what does your venom 400 perf. comp do?
Check out this site for more info:

Venom 400
Old 01-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Advanced

wow, that is freakin awesome, im gonna save up for that mod =D do you think this is more efficient than a VTEC controller? does a VTEC controller even do anything??

hmm..what headlights should i get? there are so many brands and all these different models, like PIAA has diamond white, superwhite, superwhite xtreme, i mean c'mon now. i want good quality so im headin for PIAA, cuz i cant afford HID conversion hehe.. so like what wattage should i get? i believe our headlights are 9006 for los 9007s for his

haha i actually went to the local dealership to ask him if it would be much to install my corner and headlights in for me when i get them and he said he's gonna charge me 50 bux..i know this is factory so its gonna be expensive but does that sound reasonable?? i swear he was lying to me about using all the tools and technician labor, but thats his job rite? =T
Old 01-11-2002, 01:52 AM
Advanced

oh quick question, there is a tube looking thing in front of my intake near the headlight that is just there. is that a resonator tube? its does not appear in the manual for some reason and i need to take it out so i can install the lights =D but i swear that thing is bolted on in there or something. i hope i dont have to do anything like take off the bumper, how did you guys do ur stuff? thats the only problem with the 3.0, but i love that 200 HP =D
Old 01-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by kinetik
oh quick question, there is a tube looking thing in front of my intake near the headlight that is just there. is that a resonator tube? its does not appear in the manual for some reason and i need to take it out so i can install the lights =D but i swear that thing is bolted on in there or something. i hope i dont have to do anything like take off the bumper, how did you guys do ur stuff? thats the only problem with the 3.0, but i love that 200 HP =D

heres how to take it out. but you wont need to if your installing lights

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ghlight=rEMOVE
Old 01-11-2002, 03:58 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

The lights are a do-it-yourselfer. Doesn't take long, just look inside your manual and it should have some instructions for you as to remove the clear corners. The light sizes are 9005 and 9006 for hi/low beams. 7440 for turn signals and 194 for inside the clear corners. 194 for side marker lights and H3 for factory fogs if you have them.

The 4200K is the color temperature of the lights. 3100 - 3300K is the normal temp of the florescent lights you normally would see, 3200K is what most headlights put out, 3600K is what most halogen lights put out, I have the superwhite xtremes, and they are around 4350K. Sounds confusing? Just remember that natural sunlight is rated at 5600K from the averages on earth, so these newer 6000 and 8000K lights will blind you!!!!! The closer to 5600K you get in temperature, the purer the light should be.

Hope this helps you out a bit, just remember to try to match all of your light temperatures and manufacturers for the most balanced output of light for your car.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:28 PM
A-CL Member

Corner Signal Lights

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a brand or name which would match the HIDs on the '01 CLS, I've already tried Hiper Superwhite and they match when i signal, but not when i just have them on. So if anyone please reply thanks.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:25 PM
K-State Wildcat

The dual element bulbs will fit fine and be twice as bright. Go with all Polarg set-up and use Polarg miracle white headlights. They match Benz HID lights perfectly and run 100 watts. Dual element blinkers are ment to light up with the headlights and blink with the blinkers. Putting them in a single element application like the CL will be fine, both elements will just fire when the blinker is turned on. I run a business called Diamond Knight Motorsports, and will PM you prices if you want. Just email me or PM me and we will shoot you a Hommy-Hookup Price. Hope this Helps.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:57 PM
Advanced

thanx for the info on the tube remove. i will do it as soon as i get the chance. i'll report back on you how it went. thanks for the info on the bulbs too, the color temp scale is really helpful, just gotta worrry about the matching i guess. It's all good =D

i think the bulbs that would most resemble the new gen CL's are the HID conversion kits, i saw one on ebay for about 400 bux. That's not bad considering an OEM option on it is about 1000 bones. i've seen pix of the HID conversion compared to the brightest PIAAs; there is no comparison. Im guessing the HID's run off about 6000K and the HID's max is about 3000-4000+.