Beefing up transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
is Slightly Stoopid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tek01
Im hearring you Buddy thanks for that write up. brought up my morale. Well if it helps it's my first car that i can say is really nice to look at but when im on the highway i can really compete with all those moded civics and integra. So i hope with enought time spent on this forum i make the right descions. I dont really want to lower my car until i get another vehicle. So im left with what should i do first? I feel as though your advice is good. I saw you said something about pounds of boost, wouldnt that give some type of error to the CL's computer and make it give out a an error code. Do you get any error codes with your turbo? to be more specific like o2 sensor issues. anyways that some minor stuff - 97'CL2.2Turbo I have been looking to see if there was any intake manifolds for the are cl, what are you rolling with what else is available on the market? thanks for your input everyone
If you want to dominate the highway then definitely go turbo, off a roll turbo is god. About the ECU, I used a P28 Computer and it cost about $275 to have it chipped then you pretty much have a shop dynotune your car on Chrome, Neptune or whatever program they use at the time (Brainwashing your ECU to think what you want it to so you don't get those lousy codes), Central Florida Turbo used Chrome on my car and it works beautifully. And about the intake manifold, don't waste your $$$. I've never even looked for one now that you mention it, I know they do something for speed but there are a lot more important things you could wisely spend your $$ on to get performance and reliability.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
is Slightly Stoopid

Originally Posted by hornedfrog2000
Since were on the subject, what would you need to buy for your motor to run 15lbs of boost daily on the f22?
Well internal wise, I would just get good aftermarket pistons (@ same compression ratio), new rings (given), & stronger rods. I would also recommend gettin a block guard w/ anything around 12 lbs. or more, ya know if it's a daily driver and all. Or you could always just spend the big $$$ and get the F22 sleeved and make that baby bullet proof, 15+ lbs. that's what I'm talkin about (you would still need the block guard of course). Plan on doin some head work down the road, but you already knew that. Wouldn't go any more than 15 lbs. w/ out head work done (It doesn't have to be port -n-polished, just as long as the mechanics are strengthened, but that's up to your wallet).

On the other side I've got 450cc DSM injectors (95' GS-T stock injectors/blue cap, it has something to do w/ the injectors working w/ a restrictor box that our car has to work w/. And you have to take the injector o-ring off your stock F22 injectors so you can shave the inside of them out very carefully, because you need them to fit onto the DSM's which are fatter at that spot) and the ECU is chipped and tuned to override everything and make the car run how it is suppose to w/ everything done. And don't forget, more boost needs more fuel.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 97'CL2.2Turbo
Well internal wise, I would just get good aftermarket pistons (@ same compression ratio), new rings (given), & stronger rods. I would also recommend gettin a block guard w/ anything around 12 lbs. or more, ya know if it's a daily driver and all. Or you could always just spend the big $$$ and get the F22 sleeved and make that baby bullet proof, 15+ lbs. that's what I'm talkin about (you would still need the block guard of course). Plan on doin some head work down the road, but you already knew that. Wouldn't go any more than 15 lbs. w/ out head work done (It doesn't have to be port -n-polished, just as long as the mechanics are strengthened, but that's up to your wallet).

On the other side I've got 450cc DSM injectors (95' GS-T stock injectors/blue cap, it has something to do w/ the injectors working w/ a restrictor box that our car has to work w/. And you have to take the injector o-ring off your stock F22 injectors so you can shave the inside of them out very carefully, because you need them to fit onto the DSM's which are fatter at that spot) and the ECU is chipped and tuned to override everything and make the car run how it is suppose to w/ everything done. And don't forget, more boost needs more fuel.
Bump on an old thread I missed....
I got the same DSM bluetop injectors as you. Did you have to change anything on the injector clips or any of the wiring to plug run DSMs? Also, are you still running on the stock fuel pump?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 AM
is Slightly Stoopid

Originally Posted by Blenz
Bump on an old thread I missed....
I got the same DSM bluetop injectors as you. Did you have to change anything on the injector clips or any of the wiring to plug run DSMs? Also, are you still running on the stock fuel pump?
No, everything connects just like factory.
But I did change the ECU, I replaced mine w/ a P28 computer and then you have to either make, have made, or buy a wiring harness for the new ECU.
And yeah, I still got the stock fuel pump. But I'm only running 7 lbs. right now, I think it should handle it for a while.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Pro

No, everything connects just like factory.
But I did change the ECU, I replaced mine w/ a P28 computer and then you have to either make, have made, or buy a wiring harness for the new ECU.
And yeah, I still got the stock fuel pump. But I'm only running 7 lbs. right now, I think it should handle it for a while.
Thanks, I'm a little nervous about doing the injectors. A couple of the ones I bought are missing the little red ring on the end and I'm not sure if that matters or not. Also, did you find it difficult to bore out the stock injector o-rings?
As for the ecu, I already have a P28 that has been chippped and I have the conversion harness. I got a basemap for the ecu as well so I can drive somewhere close to get it tuned on the dyno.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Intermediate

I just read somewhere that getting a chipped ecu will waste a lot more fuel? Any truth behind this?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Slow97CL
I just read somewhere that getting a chipped ecu will waste a lot more fuel? Any truth behind this?
Well it depends on what your definition of a chipped ECU is. The cheap crap you buy from ebay will simply add more fuel to your engine, so you are right about that.
The chipped P28 we are talking about is a civic ecu that has been modified so that it's fully programable. Using computer software you can adjust timing, fuel, ignition, ect.
On a close to stock engine, you could slightly improve your fuel economy if you wanted. On a turbo car with bigger injectors, you program it to add more fuel and less timing to get the right balance with the added air going in.
If you want to learn more about it, check out pgmfi.org
Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 AM
is Slightly Stoopid

Thanks, I'm a little nervous about doing the injectors. A couple of the ones I bought are missing the little red ring on the end and I'm not sure if that matters or not. Also, did you find it difficult to bore out the stock injector o-rings?
As for the ecu, I already have a P28 that has been chippped and I have the conversion harness. I got a basemap for the ecu as well so I can drive somewhere close to get it tuned on the dyno.
I'm not sure what red ring your talkin about, it's been a long time since I've looked at those things.
But one of my dust caps around the tip of one of my injectors had a piece break off and it still works like it's suppose to, If that helps.
And about the o-rings I didn't have to actually cut mine, sorry bro. P a t i e n c e and a brand new razorblade would be the only helpfull advice I can give you.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Pro

I'm not sure what red ring your talkin about, it's been a long time since I've looked at those things.
But one of my dust caps around the tip of one of my injectors had a piece break off and it still works like it's suppose to, If that helps.
And about the o-rings I didn't have to actually cut mine, sorry bro. P a t i e n c e and a brand new razorblade would be the only helpfull advice I can give you.
I'll post a picture of the injectors this weekend to give you a better idea what I'm talking about. As for the o-rings, I've heard that a dremel is the best thing to use to bore them out, so I'll probably try that when the time comes.
This has turned into quite the thread-jack
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
...nO phOtOshOp...

I'll post a picture of the injectors this weekend to give you a better idea what I'm talking about. As for the o-rings, I've heard that a dremel is the best thing to use to bore them out, so I'll probably try that when the time comes.
This has turned into quite the thread-jack
and i enjoyed reading every werd of it....thx guys