Azine... Help Needed w/ Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 AM
$,Cars,Girls N That Order

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Azine... Help Needed w/ Paint Job

What's up Fam? I haven't been on here in a while but, How is everyone? I need options from the Pros and 1st CL lovers out there... I'm finally getting my paint job... I was quoted $1200 by a reputable shop in my area which includes body work, 5 coats of clear and a few other cool things. . Does that sound like a decent deal to you guys? That quote includes keeping the same black that is on the car.

My car is currently Flamenco Black but, I thought about changing it to another shade of black... Any ideas for the BEST shade of black out there? or should I keep it original?

How do you guys feel about flakes in the clear coat? I'm open to all opinions... Thanks in advance...
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,457 Likes on 3,052 Posts
I've always toyed with the idea of going Nighthawk Black Pearl like the 2nd gens have, and flake in the clear is cool, as long as you don't go TOO crazy with it. Glad to see you're still around bro
Old 03-17-2011, 08:42 AM

Thanks Man... I come by every now and again... After my tranny went I just lost interest in the car. I think a fresh paint job will make me fall in love again... The car looks horrible now. The tranny I got last year wasn't any good from the start.

I like the way that paint looks... Just googled it and saw it on a '01 Teg.. SICK!
How do you feel about Java Black Pearl?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:28 AM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Someone on here has done java black pearl on a CL, I think it looks good.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,457 Likes on 3,052 Posts
Originally Posted by AcAttAcK98
How do you feel about Java Black Pearl?
Lippstuh did it on his 2nd gen, I'm a fan

Last edited by 97BlackAckCL; 03-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
5 coats of clear is total BS, no one does that.

2 coats is all you need now with these high solid clears.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 PM
SANJOCL

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
i just got my car sprayed last week. i dont even know what shade black it is but its friggin dark and its awesome. ill post pictures later on when i get my car all detailed...photo shootin this weekend...

just keep in mind that wit black you can see everything (blemishes, dust, scratches, swirls) ten times more. im realizing that now...its one of the reasons i havent driven my car around since i got it. i mean its the cleanest color...imo...but with beauty theres a price
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
every car I have ever had has been black (except this CL) and yes on Black you can see every spec of dust and every imperfection but for those 5 minutes that its clean, I have never seen a color look better
Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
That quote sounds a little cheap to me.
My car got keyed a couple years back and needed a full repaint, I think insurance quoted 3500 to fix, my brother had the same thing happen to his 1yr old tsx, I think his was 4-5k for full repaint

Black Sapphire Metallic is my vote (BMW color) and i got it done on my CL, has white and blue flake in it, but not too heavy, it'll look almost dark gray in some light and hides the dust a bit better than other blacks.
Just go to a dealership (or an auto mall preferably if you have one nearby) and look at the different shades of black on the cars from the different manufacturers. Everyone's tastes are subjective, some like gold, some like tons of colored flake, and some like no flake. So I'd say go in person and see what looks best to you. Plus most of the new cars will say right on it what the exact color name is, so it makes it super easy once you figure out which one you like best.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That price is pretty cheap man, i'd look around and see if they are reputable. I went to the local mom shop in town, with a good rep. and they quoted me 3400 for my del sol. Good luck though man i always liked Galaxy Metallic Blue, i think its off of a GMC car, saw it years back and loved it.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:20 AM

If the price sounds pretty cheap it could be because I'm down south and everything down here is a little (or a lot) cheaper to a certain extent...

This guy is really good... He does a lot of work in the Area and was recommended to me by a guy that got his car painted 5 year ago.. I asked the dude, "who painted your car?"... He replied, "my homeboy did that job for me 5 years ago.. I was like ... I wasn't expecting to hear that. It looked like it was done recently. When I spoke to the guy at the shop I told him that I want to keep this car forever.. I still get offers for my car and it's a piece of in my eyes. Mainly because I know the potential after seeing cars like Klepto, The 2 Chris' and the staggered CL.. I forgot his name...

To me.. It's Black CLs FTW... I can't wait to get the job completely done.. rims on before the start of the summer..

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep that paint shinning and lasting longer?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 AM
DJ MSR NRG!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AcAttAcK98
If the price sounds pretty cheap it could be because I'm down south and everything down here is a little (or a lot) cheaper to a certain extent...

This guy is really good... He does a lot of work in the Area and was recommended to me by a guy that got his car painted 5 year ago.. I asked the dude, "who painted your car?"... He replied, "my homeboy did that job for me 5 years ago.. I was like ... I wasn't expecting to hear that. It looked like it was done recently. When I spoke to the guy at the shop I told him that I want to keep this car forever.. I still get offers for my car and it's a piece of in my eyes. Mainly because I know the potential after seeing cars like Klepto, The 2 Chris' and the staggered CL.. I forgot his name...

To me.. It's Black CLs FTW... I can't wait to get the job completely done.. rims on before the start of the summer..

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep that paint shinning and lasting longer?

yea 5 coats its total bs. i work for a Pro shop here in nyc and for 1200 you can get your car preped for paint.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
lippstuh's car is eh.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lippstuh's car is unbelievable, if i had java black pearl on my car id keep it forever