Angel Eyes Projector Lights '97 CL

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Eyes Projector Lights '97 CL

COLOR=royalblue]I just bought a '97 3.0 CL and i'm starting to get a lot of ideas of mods to do to it. One of my plans since I coulnd't find aftermarket lights specifically for the CL, is to buy Angel Eyes Projector Ion Blue Lights made for the '97 Accord. I had a guy at a local shop take visual inspection of the Accord light compared to the CL light. He said from what he could see the only difference he could see was that the CL had a one piece assembly light whereas the accord had a two piece assembly (headlight and corner lens). I already bought the projector lights through him but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this before and if they found any problems with or if i'm going to have to make a custom installation for the lights. If anybody knows...then hit me back up. Thx.[/COLOR]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Well, I for one would definitely like to see how they look. So when you do them, please post some pics so we could take a look.

I don't think that anyone has actually done this on a CL, especially a 1st gen CL. A number of people have done custom HID conversions and projectors from other cars, so my guess is that you would have to do a custom install.

However, if the projectors are meant to fit on a '97 Accord w/o any mods, who knows it might not be that bad.

Good luck on the install.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:47 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you want a custom projector setup for the right price hit up my man VXCL. he does good work and he just post some of his pics that he has just taken on the forum.

here some pics of the shit he has for sale i think

Old 05-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Intermediate

whoever told you that is a fucking idiot! They won't even come close to fitting. You'll have to have some custom fiberglass work done to get those to fit. Good luck!
Old 05-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

sounds pretty wild
show pics if it fits
Old 05-16-2003, 05:31 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah pm VXCL if you want it done, he has a lot of parts right now too. I did a retro fit myself, and it was a lot of work. I would only do it for friends in the area, plus i promised not to jack VXCL's business. It is a lot of work though, and for what mike charges to do it, it's WELL WORTH IT! I don't think the accord lamps fit, or someone would ave done it already, i haven't seen anthing like that since i have been a member here. Projetor headlights suck anyway man. First they are NOT HID compatable, second the projectors are shitty quality. Hella makes the best, and that's what comes oem on audi/bmw setups. Plus, for almost the same cost, you get projectors AND hids off Mike.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Racer

Re: Angel Eyes Projector Lights '97 CL

Originally posted by Quiksilver_311
COLOR=royalblue]I just bought a '97 3.0 CL and i'm starting to get a lot of ideas of mods to do to it. One of my plans since I coulnd't find aftermarket lights specifically for the CL, is to buy Angel Eyes Projector Ion Blue Lights made for the '97 Accord. I had a guy at a local shop take visual inspection of the Accord light compared to the CL light. He said from what he could see the only difference he could see was that the CL had a one piece assembly light whereas the accord had a two piece assembly (headlight and corner lens). I already bought the projector lights through him but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this before and if they found any problems with or if i'm going to have to make a custom installation for the lights. If anybody knows...then hit me back up. Thx.[/COLOR]
If you were to look closely with a CL and Accord side by side you would see major differences. First off, on the CL the headlights are more rounded where the grille portion of the hood is. And secondly, the corners are extended almost two inches and are rectangular in shape. The CL's are somewhat triangular in shape. That would constitute that you would have to cut the fender and bumper. However, doing so at those areas would cut off the support brackets of the fender and bumper.

So, in the end, it is all custom work. Believe me, I went all out into researching this. I was hoping to be able to do the same since projectors regardless if halogen or HID are awesome with their cutoff points and beam pattern. You'll end up paying more for the headlight conversion that the HID conversion/retrofit kit VXCL has done.

Hope I was clear in what I was trying to portray, and I apologize if I shot down any of your ideas. Don't let me stop you though, dreams are what keeps us going. Do what you want and have to do.

-James-
Old 05-17-2003, 12:41 AM
AWD Torque Monster

thanks for all the recognition. ding i really dont care if want to retro fit projectors for people. u did a clean ass job in the front. ill do it, but i much rather just sell the parts. if i do take on some others headlamps it will be a few cuz i am workin 3 jobs. i need $7000 for paint job, rims, and tires. i was thinking of selling my setup completely to another member in exhange for their headlamps and a couple hundred. maybe 400. and buying brand new headlamps for my cl for the new paint job. this would then leave me with an extra set and i could then send out a completed unit as soon as i recieve some1 stock headlamps. my one housing is missing the bottom 2 mounts from my accident.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:43 AM
AWD Torque Monster

BTW with a xenon projector retro fit it is extremely easy to install knock off or oem bmw halos around the projectors.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by VXCL
thanks for all the recognition. ding i really dont care if want to retro fit projectors for people. u did a clean ass job in the front. ill do it, but i much rather just sell the parts. if i do take on some others headlamps it will be a few cuz i am workin 3 jobs. i need $7000 for paint job, rims, and tires. i was thinking of selling my setup completely to another member in exhange for their headlamps and a couple hundred. maybe 400. and buying brand new headlamps for my cl for the new paint job. this would then leave me with an extra set and i could then send out a completed unit as soon as i recieve some1 stock headlamps. my one housing is missing the bottom 2 mounts from my accident.
i'll send you my stock ones + HID's for yours
Old 05-17-2003, 11:36 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Personally mike, i think that it took to much work to do what i did, and wouldn't want tons of these headlamps arriving at my doorstep. I would do it for myself, to show that i am capable, for my piece of mind, but for othr people the price would have to be right. Close friends, not a problem. Now i see why illusion-lighting.com charges so much. Does anyone know how they seal the rear of the headlamp?
Old 05-17-2003, 05:49 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally posted by ding069
Now i see why illusion-lighting.com charges so much. Does anyone know how they seal the rear of the headlamp?
exactly, the work alone is worth $100-200 easy

see fu never really said. but i can tell you they go an extra step and make a wall inside the housing for the projector usually. so it can be mounted alot farther inside which eliminates most fitment probs. i personally am going to use 3" abs pipe fitting with a cap. this way i can unscrew the cap and gain access to inside the headlamp to change the bulb. if u just enlarge the opening in the back of the housing to slide the projector through u know thay it sticks out at least 5". this works fine, but it could be better.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

Could you let me know if you really want to do that, i'm interested...but in the mean time, how much for xenon or hids you have? and do you have parts for projector/xenon?? Thanks
Old 05-18-2003, 12:54 AM
AWD Torque Monster

yeah heres an ebay auction of mine for audi a6 hella ballasts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

i also have a set of either audi tt or a6 projectors

i will pickup up another load of parts in the next couple weeks most likely
Old 05-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

yeah heres an ebay auction of mine for audi a6 hella ballasts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

i also have a set of either audi tt or a6 projectors

i will pickup up another load of parts in the next couple weeks most likely
How much would it be for the ballasts, bulbs, and projectors???
Also what is the difference between the TT and A6 projectors??? Thanks so much VXCL
Old 05-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

is $375 for the A6 projectors, D2s bulbs, and ballasts good deal???? Is there a link where you have gone over how to do the conversion??? Thanks....
Old 05-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Advanced

There are too many differences between cl headlight and accord. It would turn out to be alot of work. You should cancel the order and get HID kit and paint the housings black.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

Originally posted by VtecCL97
There are too many differences between cl headlight and accord. It would turn out to be alot of work. You should cancel the order and get HID kit and paint the housings black.
I would, but personally I think HID's look like crap unless in projectors.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:04 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Originally posted by KulCL3.0
How much would it be for the ballasts, bulbs, and projectors???
Also what is the difference between the TT and A6 projectors??? Thanks so much VXCL
To answer your questions;
A full swap from an A6 is a decent deal at $375, i got mine for $350.
The difference is size between the two. I have A6's in my swap, while VXCL opted for TT projectors. There is some difference in beam pattern between the two, but not enough to buy one over the other. Click on my links for pics, compare them to VXCL's.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Can't Hold Me Down!

Originally posted by ding069
To answer your questions;
A full swap from an A6 is a decent deal at $375, i got mine for $350.
The difference is size between the two. I have A6's in my swap, while VXCL opted for TT projectors. There is some difference in beam pattern between the two, but not enough to buy one over the other. Click on my links for pics, compare them to VXCL's.
Just curious, where did you get yours? Were they new? And also, I can't find instructions on how to install them, do you just cut out a spot in the headlight fixture, seal. and then just connect ballast to current headlight wiring???? Thanks soooo much
Old 05-20-2003, 12:13 AM
AWD Torque Monster

gettin bulbs, ballasts, and projectors for less than $400 is a DEAL!!! ill hook u up with hella ballasts audi or bmw and audi tt or audi a6 projectors with philips or osram bulbs for $425 shipped. and u cab bet everythign will be in perfect workin order and ur not gettin screwed
Old 05-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

I would take you up on that deal, but I need like months to make sure I'm set on fund to do so...but the biggest thing is that I and many others are unsure on how to install...i don't want to get something expensive when I'm unsure how to install...can you make a thread on how to install so the light is level and that it's air tight....thanks VXCL, espacially for that deal! I will take it if i can satisgy those 2 things.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:18 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i might have a prob with bulbs. i have only 1 set at this time. if i cant get you bulbs ill get you ballasts projectors for $350 shipped. u can get bulbs off ebay for 50-80 a pair. demand changes all the time so that price may change. i can only offer u that now. either way ill still hook u up for less. as far as directions i dont have any other than

-bake the lamps at 250 for 3-5 mins at a time to pry the lense off and only work on one at a time

- keep your xenon projector center with the oem opening in the housing and youll be fine. if so very little aiming will be needed.

-and i highly reccomend u buy a dremel tool to do the cutting and sanding. they housings sand so nicely at 15,000 rpms

now that i have a digi camera, if i redo my setup i might take some pics with some basic tips, but there is no one way to do it.

PLAN AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 08:05 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Sounds easy but its not, your car will prob be in pieces for about 2 days working on it. I must have gotten a killer deal then huh? I got a real Xenon Systm upgrade from an Audi A6. Thats harness, mounting cups, bulbs, ballasts, projectors, leveling motors, All srews and everything to convert a halogen to HID. VXCL said it best, "plan ahead", and becareful. Its east to fuck up a $300 headlight.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Can't Hold Me Down!

i know, what deal did you get ding? PS thanks for the hook up VCXL, as soon as I get the money i'll let you know, i think it would be best if i bought an extra headlight so i don't rush and that stuff, but hopefully within the next 30-60 days...thanks again.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:38 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i can get u ballasts and projectors for $350