97 CL3.0 -- Accessories Website?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005 | 09:51 AM
Cruisin'

97 CL3.0 -- Accessories Website?

Hi all,

Been having no luck trying to locate a place for body kits or hell, even tail lights (if I'd want such a trendy thing). I'm starting to wonder if they produced anything at all for this generation of CL...

So did they skip this generation on customizations or can anyone point me to a site that has some accessories? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2005 | 11:03 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

http://www.andysautosport.com/module...e%20Dimensions
Old 05-09-2005 | 11:15 AM
~ The Endless One ~

ebay
Old 05-09-2005 | 11:49 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Since you're looking for a body kit, they make a black widow bodykit that I think you'll like. Search for it and you can see some pics of it.

:gheylaugh:
Old 05-09-2005 | 01:00 PM
Safety Car

poor bastard.. he will prolly like it too.
Old 05-09-2005 | 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by wilp99
poor bastard.. he will prolly like it too.
hope he can make some custom clear tail lights too :gheylaugh:
Old 05-09-2005 | 02:14 PM

Old 05-09-2005 | 03:59 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by DivineCL
Clear tail lights rule! :gheyfight:
Old 05-10-2005 | 07:56 AM

Yeah, if you're
Old 05-10-2005 | 09:31 AM
Cruisin'

endlessdragon -- Thanks for the one useful reply.

Rest: Sorry, you're right, I do like the front of the body kit. Thing is, I haven't seen any other kits.

Might need to sit down for this, I know it's hard to believe, but some people don't spend their lives customizing cars. I'm one of those people, in an area full of *gasp*, those people. I came upon this site searching for Err-3, which I had to go to my acura dealer to get off my bloody radio.

However, I do like 'clean'. It's the reason I picked up this 97 CL3.0 as a daily driver. The styling is extremely reserved. No eccentric highlighting on pretty much any part of the car. The only slight accenuations are on the front grill. The sides are completely bare. The interior matches the cleanliness well.

I'm 27. I'm not looking to customize my car to wow people. Perhaps that's what drives you all, but I'm trying to add a bit of missing accenuation. In my area (omg not every area is like yours??), customizing cars isn't a huge hobby. In the city where I live, it's a bit of a waste of money and time. Mustangs and vettes own the streets here. They don't work the exterior or interior nearly as much as the motors. There's no shortage of rice in every direction, but 90% of it is customized as far as replacing tail lights. Nothing more.

The spyder front bumper doesn't look bad to me at all, sorry to say. The side skirts are far too rigid for the largely smooth profile of the car. The front has a cut look also but not as noticable. The rear bumper on Spyder looks horrid. I don't even have dual exhaust to it's not applicable.

My CL is silver. Thus, yes, clear lights make it look even more blended into itself and appropriate than the red lights. Though, I lose the contrast of color in the rear and the only accenuation the entire rear has, which is the red lights.

So does anyone have any actual useful information? Is customizing your car different than customizing any other tangible item? I didn't think so, but you'd think it's an elitest or artistic-esque profession based on the replies here so far. Sorry to say, it's really just a simple passtime. Most here would say it's a waste of time. So far even finding information has proven to be also.

Good luck with your cars.
Old 05-10-2005 | 09:47 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

only bolt-on full kit is ugly
no aftermarket tails available (yet)
best kit custom made to fit CL - VeilSide (my opinion, best lines that go with 1st gen CL)

if you're looking for a body kit, you really have to custom make it yourself from an Accord, Accord wagon, or whatever else is close
Old 05-10-2005 | 09:49 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

there were also a couple that did some fender flares to give it the wide body look with some molded bumpers that turned out okay
Old 05-10-2005 | 09:53 AM
Cruisin'

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...67_10_full.jpg

That kit? That's far too much for my profile. Thanks for the info but do you know of any kits that give the car a factory-casual look? Something a bit less aggressive? I'm not planning on upgrading the power or suspension beyond a couple simple things.

I'm mostly looking to replace the front and rear bumpers with mild styling while keeping the bare cut sides. But so far it seems that this generation lacks the accessories to do this.

I didn't think the tail lights existed, I searched far and wide hoping to find some with deep yellow highlights but I can't even find a-typical euros.

Ah well, looks like rims is about as far as I'll be going. Thanks anyhow.
Old 05-10-2005 | 10:07 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Wings West front lip is really the only bolt-on exterior piece (if you can find one) check my homepage

we don't have any full bumpers or sideskirts or full lip kits for our car

since you have a '97, paint your skirts (unless your CL is black), get some nice rims, lower it, then see where you want to go with it
Old 05-10-2005 | 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

Rims.. Would anyone enlighten me as to which mild suspension would be appropriate to replace the stock with? I really don't want to lower the car as much as I'd like to get rims that 'fill' the wheel wells. Slightly lowering by 1-2" wouldn't make it terribly hard to drive but I'd honestly rather keep it the same height with a slightly stiffer suspension.

Which mild, near-stock suspension would you all throw on this car (97 CL3.0)? I'm not looking to take highway exits at 110mph, I just want to stiffen the suspension enough to get a rim that sits closer to the edges of the wheel well without worrying about rubbing.

So, what brand suspension would you all recommend and what wheel diameter do you feel works with the design of this car? I don't want 20" . 18" sounds small enough not to demand too much interest from your eyes. I'd like a size that lets you know the rim is custom (pretty sure the chrome will do that), but not drain the clean design of the car.

Thanks for the suggestions =8)

edit:

Is this the kit you refer to?

http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_96_00_acuracl.htm

It's extremely 'safe' but it sort of goes against the profile of the car to me. Honestly it's so simple I might not be able to tell it's custom. I think I'm looking for a bit more styling, bit wider profile as this is a standard size car in a small car feel as it is. If you think of any more near-bolt-on kits, I'm all ears
Old 05-10-2005 | 01:06 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Originally Posted by ominous
If you think of any more near-bolt-on kits, I'm all ears
anything can be near bolt-on...you still have to custom fit it

yes, that's the lip I referred to

mild suspension for 3.0 - Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX Or Tokico shock setup
Old 05-10-2005 | 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

What size rims do you think fills out the wheel wells adequately? I haven't even looked to see what size the stock rims are but at least 2" is needed. They look around 16" or a deceptively small 17" stock.
Old 05-10-2005 | 02:53 PM
Safety Car

Rims.. Would anyone enlighten me as to which mild suspension would be appropriate to replace the stock with? I really don't want to lower the car as much as I'd like to get rims that 'fill' the wheel wells. Slightly lowering by 1-2" wouldn't make it terribly hard to drive but I'd honestly rather keep it the same height with a slightly stiffer suspension.

Which mild, near-stock suspension would you all throw on this car (97 CL3.0)? I'm not looking to take highway exits at 110mph, I just want to stiffen the suspension enough to get a rim that sits closer to the edges of the wheel well without worrying about rubbing.

So, what brand suspension would you all recommend and what wheel diameter do you feel works with the design of this car? I don't want 20" . 18" sounds small enough not to demand too much interest from your eyes. I'd like a size that lets you know the rim is custom (pretty sure the chrome will do that), but not drain the clean design of the car.

Thanks for the suggestions =8)

edit:

Is this the kit you refer to?

http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_96_00_acuracl.htm

It's extremely 'safe' but it sort of goes against the profile of the car to me. Honestly it's so simple I might not be able to tell it's custom. I think I'm looking for a bit more styling, bit wider profile as this is a standard size car in a small car feel as it is. If you think of any more near-bolt-on kits, I'm all ears

for someone who doesent want to "gasp"do anything to thier car, ur doin alot to your car. dont get me wrong, but commin off as an ass isnt gonna get people to help.

i too like the clean look, i just dropped it 1.25" and got some 18's. and i blacked out my emblems. i dont like the body kit made 4 our cars. ronjon was workin on makin one for us, i thought it looked pretty fly. it just kind of accented the curves alittle more. theres a post somewhere on here about it.
Old 05-10-2005 | 04:13 PM
Cruisin'

Which part did I come of as an ass in exactly? Was it asking what size of rim looks best on this car or the fact that I like a clean look?

(btw, I said I don't want to take away from the clean-esque styling, I didn't say I don't want to do anything)

If you want to talk about acting like an ass, consult the first few responses. Thx
Old 05-10-2005 | 05:39 PM
Safety Car

endlessdragon -- Thanks for the one useful reply.

Rest: Sorry, you're right, I do like the front of the body kit. Thing is, I haven't seen any other kits.

Might need to sit down for this, I know it's hard to believe, but some people don't spend their lives customizing cars. I'm one of those people, in an area full of *gasp*, those people. I came upon this site searching for Err-3, which I had to go to my acura dealer to get off my bloody radio.
However, I do like 'clean'. It's the reason I picked up this 97 CL3.0 as a daily driver. The styling is extremely reserved. No eccentric highlighting on pretty much any part of the car. The only slight accenuations are on the front grill. The sides are completely bare. The interior matches the cleanliness well.

I'm 27. I'm not looking to customize my car to wow people. Perhaps that's what drives you all, but I'm trying to add a bit of missing accenuation. In my area (omg not every area is like yours??), customizing cars isn't a huge hobby. In the city where I live, it's a bit of a waste of money and time. Mustangs and vettes own the streets here. They don't work the exterior or interior nearly as much as the motors. There's no shortage of rice in every direction, but 90% of it is customized as far as replacing tail lights. Nothing more.

The spyder front bumper doesn't look bad to me at all, sorry to say. The side skirts are far too rigid for the largely smooth profile of the car. The front has a cut look also but not as noticable. The rear bumper on Spyder looks horrid. I don't even have dual exhaust to it's not applicable.

My CL is silver. Thus, yes, clear lights make it look even more blended into itself and appropriate than the red lights. Though, I lose the contrast of color in the rear and the only accenuation the entire rear has, which is the red lights.

So does anyone have any actual useful information? Is customizing your car different than customizing any other tangible item? I didn't think so, but you'd think it's an elitest or artistic-esque profession based on the replies here so far. Sorry to say, it's really just a simple passtime. Most here would say it's a waste of time. So far even finding information has proven to be also.

Good luck with your cars.

its all in the bold. it didnt sound like u were being sarcastic..
Old 05-10-2005 | 08:10 PM

just get a Wings West lip, paint your skirts, lower it & get some nice rims...

thats all you need
Old 05-10-2005 | 08:12 PM
Safety Car

hell yea.. ww here i come.
Old 05-11-2005 | 09:21 AM
Cruisin'

Take it in chronological order. I put in a quick request for information, several people reply with the usual second grade jokes about posing, and then I write that. It ain't the other way around. I didn't come in here like that, it turned into it.

Basicly, I got nothing from this forum. Zero. This is a place for people who know something to PM each other about what they know in a closet and anyone showing up here won't find help, just jokes.

Hell the last free gamer site I still run has 4k members. I think all of 12 people post here total. Enjoy your little forum.