18" Rims or an extended warranty? What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 08:09 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18" Rims or an extended warranty? What would you do???

I had the choice today of buying an extended warranty or a set of 18" rims and tires. My warranty was about to run out when I got a quote last week anbd had the quote locked in for a week. The quote expires tomorrow and the rims were some good ones, RS Valkryie in Gun Metal Black with some Kuhmo Ectas 712 on them. Both run me around $1300, so there isn't much difference in price.

What would you do in this case, knowing the history of our cars transmission problems and all? The warranty is a mirror image of our very own by Acura and it covers me for an additional 5 years or 100K miles, whichever comes first.

Fat ass slicks or coverage to 150,000 miles?

I got the warranty!!!!

I'll get my rims next month!!!! Maybe off Ebay for cheaper!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
get some rims

CL'S
Old 05-16-2002, 08:42 PM
What can I get ya?

I was thinking about the warranty. How does that work? Do you have to take your car in and let them check it out first?
Old 05-16-2002, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by moforose3.0
I was thinking about the warranty. How does that work? Do you have to take your car in and let them check it out first?
There are several aftermarket warranty places, I used a google search and narrowed my choices to 2 and the dealership, then went with the best value and most comprehensive coverage.

www.warrantygold.com

It mirrors the Acura warranty and gives me a longer amount of time as far as coverage goes. Wear and tear and broken items are included - everything except regular maintenance items such as brake pads and fluids, everything else is pretty much covered. Even the hard to get covered thermostat is under warranty now!
Old 05-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Racer

if ur modding ur car warranty is waste. little by little u will void the warranty ur paying for. so its not really worth it.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:33 AM
An Official Cl Whore

There are a lot of warranty companies out there to just get your money. Well Ok, ALL OF THEM. I know countless people who have purchased post-sale warranties and about 99% of them were dissatisfied with all of the crap the companies made them jump through just to get their car fixed, half the time the companies said that the part was not covered due to some BullShit. Yesterday my buddy's service engine soon light came on in his 98 Maxima. He takes the car back to the dealer and they said it looked to be the EGR valve and perhaps some electrical problems, he faxes the paperwork to the warranty company, and the call and ask him what type of fuel does he use in his Maxima? He responds by saying 87 Octane. Well I'm sorry to tell you this but when dealing with emissions warranties your Maxima is required to have Premium Octane only, can't do a damn thing for ya sorry!!! WTF
Old 05-17-2002, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by gjr2001
There are a lot of warranty companies out there to just get your money. Well Ok, ALL OF THEM. I know countless people who have purchased post-sale warranties and about 99% of them were dissatisfied with all of the crap the companies made them jump through just to get their car fixed, half the time the companies said that the part was not covered due to some BullShit. Yesterday my buddy's service engine soon light came on in his 98 Maxima. He takes the car back to the dealer and they said it looked to be the EGR valve and perhaps some electrical problems, he faxes the paperwork to the warranty company, and the call and ask him what type of fuel does he use in his Maxima? He responds by saying 87 Octane. Well I'm sorry to tell you this but when dealing with emissions warranties your Maxima is required to have Premium Octane only, can't do a damn thing for ya sorry!!! WTF
He got screwed!

I bought the best warranty I could find. Under my warranty, that would be covered, so I don't have to worry about that, plus he's an idiot for putting water into a nice car! I use nothing but the recommended type of fluids by the automotive manufacturer for all my cars, so I won't have the hassle that he got come repair time. Do preventive maintenance to your vehicles and 90% of your problems will be solved, the other 10% wil be covered by my warranty. I bought it as insurance, and I hope to never use it, but if I have to use it one day, I hope it pays for itself and then some.