Color: New Formula Red
Location (State/Prov): VA

1. Price: $19,500
2. Mileage: 43,000
3. New Formula Red over Black Leather, 6-speed manual, no-navigation
4. Reason for selling: Need a 4-door car and buying a house
5. Location: Ashburn, Virginia
6. Pictures: Below and more upon request
7. Are you the first owner: Second owner.
8a. Title is clean
8b. Lienholder (BMW Financial Services)
9. VIN upon request
10. Modifications: Sony Headunit and Polk Component Speakers
11. Service record: All records since purchase (25,000 miles) available.

I am selling my 2006 Honda S2000. It has approximately 43,000 miles on it as of today. The color is New Formula Red with black leather interior.

I am the second owner of the car. I purchased the car last October from a dealership and I do still have a loan on it through BMW Financial Services.

I consider myself an enthusiast and have treated the car with great care. Since purchasing I have added new tires (Continental DW) this spring, a Sony radio, and new Polk component speakers. As you may know, the factory sound system is quite poor in this car; especially for a convertible. The Sony radio I added does not have a CD player, but rather a spot where you can put your iPod into the radio and control it directly from the dash controls because I've also added a Modifry DCI adapter that allows you to utilize the factory dash controls (located to the left of the steering wheel) with aftermarket stereos. The Sony head unit also allows you to connect to your cell phone via Bluetooth which allows you to stream music (including Pandora) wirelessly to your car. Works flawlessly and again you can control Pandora with the dash controls. No other modifications have been made to the car and I still have the factory head unit but not the factory speakers.

I also have the factory toneau cover if you plan on having the top down for an extended period of time it looks quite nice.

The car is in very good condition. I've always hand washed the car and detailed it twice a year (once in spring and once in fall). There are no rips in the convertible top although there are two small (about half the size of a dime) wear marks in the usual locations (near the windshield just above the driver's and passenger's doors).

I have serviced the car at Curry's Auto Service since I purchased it. Always used Mobil 1 full synthetic oil. I will be having the oil changed again this week or next along with a transmission fluid change (with Honda OEM fluids). I've also recently purchased Honda OEM front brake pads which will be installed at the same time. A new battery was installed this summer as well.

The car has never been raced or abused. The interior is a 9/10. There is a very slight (about 1 cm in length) mark on the dashboard where it appears a very thin "nick" in the dash occurred. Could have been from a lady's ring. No one else has ever even noticed it. Never smoked in.

If you run a CarFax report (I'll provide the VIN for serious buyers) you'll see the previous owner was involved in a minor collision which resulted in repair to the front bumper and driver's front fender. At the time I purchased the car I really could not even tell any body work had been performed. Since then however, the clear coat work on the front bumper has started to peel. I recently obtained a quote from D&V Autobody in Sterling (a very reputable shop) to buff the bumper, fix any other scrapes or chips and re-paint the front bumper to match the factory paint. The quote was $850 with a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car. Since I plan on selling the car it may be best for the new owner to have the work done so that they can take advantage of the warranty. My price reflects the need for $850 in body work. No other accidents or incidents involving the car have occurred since I have owned it. The rest of the exterior is in very good shape with only a few stone chips or other flaws (it is a 5-6 year old car afterall). My neighbor recently commented "I've never seen this car dirty before!" while I was washing it. Overall, the exterior is a 8/10 considering the front bumper requiring new paint.

I have documented every fill-up and maintenance since I've purchased the car. It gets 24-25 miles per gallon (about 300 miles to a tank) routinely with some tanks getting 28 mpg. The car has also recently been inspected. The car has always been garaged.

Test drives will occur in Ashburn Village near where I live (preferably on weekends) with me riding along with you. Please, if you can't drive a manual car, your test drive is not the time to learn. The reason for selling the car is that my wife and I are buying a house and we've decided we need a 4-door vehicle.

I will provide more pictures in the next few days.

Last edited by mrsteve; 11-30-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how the logistics would work and not sure if you'd be interested...

I am trying to get into an S2000 by trading with my NBP 2005 Acura TSX 5AT w Nav. (currently at ~32000 Miles a little less).

Car only comes with a few modifications (never heavily modded)
- Comptech RSB (Stock will be included)
- Aspec Kit (Stock Side Skirts will be included)
- Autostarter built into the OEM Keyfob! (fantastic for winter!)
- LoJack
- OEM Foglights with Hoen HID Match bulbs
- All Season Floor Mats
- EDM Lip Spoiler (Rare)
- I am also including 7 Quarts of Honda AT Transmission fluid - overstocked on that.
- Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer and Amplifier

I have been the only owner of this vehicle and plenty of people on and a few here would vouch for me. The interior is FRESH it even still has the smell. Leather in the back is pristine and so is the front passenger. Only wear really visible is the infamous drivers side hip bolster (leather wrinkles).

The only negative is it's been in 3 minor collissions (2 of which were in the same stupid area), nothing was bent but bumpers had to be replaced and my aftermarket Tein SS suspension broke so now it has the stock suspension on (about 7k miles on those bad boys lol). I have photos and records from my mechanic who is the best in Queens.

Car is still on Warranty I believe till May 2012. I got the 7 year. All recall work was done, servicing was done at the dealer. I have to update the thread with new pix, but I just been busy and haven't been able to.

https://acurazine.com/forums/member-cars-sale-49/nyc-2005-acura-tsx-low-mileage-825752/
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Sounds like you have a really nice car. I've always thought the TSX is a fantastic daily driver; one of the best out there.

However, I'm not interested in trades or a TSX at this time. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 PM
3rd Coast

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Very clean car, glws.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Team Owner

More Photos as Promised

Mileage as of 12/3/11

Sony headunit

Polk components

Interior

Small wear spot on driver's side top

Small wear spot on passenger's side top

This is the small "nick" I discussed above

Always regularly hand washed with high-end products (Adam's car shampoo, etc)

Clean engine bay

VIN

Photos of clear coat peeling on front bumper

Few rock chips/scrapes on lower front bumper

Clear coat blisters on front bumper

Clean rear bumper

Some curb rash on passenger rear wheel from previous owner

Recent state inspection

Last edited by mrsteve; 12-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Team Owner

Might have a buyer...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Team Owner

New price! $18,750.

Mobil 1 oil change and Honda MTF transmission fluid change done last week. This car is amazing!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Team Owner

Update - Honda OEM front brake pads installed tonight!

Make an offer!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Car was detailed over the weekend. Machine polish, compound, and wax. She looks so good I'm really starting to wish I wasn't selling her!

Lots of local interest. She'll be gone soon. If you're interested now is your chance!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Team Owner

Sale pending.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Bump for a fellow NOVA person. I live in Oakton. I would love to buy that s2000 if only I could sell my TL.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Team Owner

Thanks. I have a meeting with the buyer at his bank tomorrow afternoon. Unless something unexpected arises the car will be gone tomorrow.

Mixed emotions about it!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

SOLD!