Under Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under Warranty?

Hey guys I recently took delivery of a new 2011 MDX and I gotta say I love it so far. BUT...I recently noticed something on the driver's seat that is kinda bugging me. I've only driven the car 2 times during the day and today I noticed that there is a 1cm indentation in the leather right between legs about mid-thigh. AT first I thought it wasjust a scratch but its more like an indentation with some abrasions on the leather. Its not all the way through the leather but it does break the surface plance of the surrounding leather, it kinda dips down. In any case, I really don't think I did this. How could I? I want to say it happened when they were prepping the vehicle. If so can this be fixed? Or will they fix it under warranty? I'm going to call them but I wanted to see what everyones thoughts were. Thanks in advance all!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
These matters take tact with your service tech to prevent a pissing contest which always results in consumer loss.
Most service techs would say you did it and few would say their dealer prep team did it.. as you contend.
It is wise for any owner to give a visual inside and out when first receiving the car.
You should always do the same with a rental from any agency or dealer.
Good Luck ... you will need it !
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EL_PIC
These matters take tact with your service tech to prevent a pissing contest which always results in consumer loss.
Most service techs would say you did it and few would say their dealer prep team did it.. as you contend.
It is wise for any owner to give a visual inside and out when first receiving the car.
You should always do the same with a rental from any agency or dealer.
Good Luck ... you will need it !
Thanks for the advice. I agree with you. I should have given the vehicle a better look over before I took delivery. Unfortunately, it was pretty late and when I drove off the lot completely dark. No excuses though, I should have looked the car over better the next day in bright sunlight.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Cruisin'

BTW....do you know what the dealer might do to fix the problem? I've tried to read up on this and it seems most home fixes short of taking apart the seat require stretching the leather with hot water and shrinking the leather back. Didn't know if this is what the "pros" do. Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by stat
BTW....do you know what the dealer might do to fix the problem? ...
If the dealer does anything and thats a very big if ...
they opt for the fast and easy.
If you go to 100 service techs I bet 95 will write you off.
1 in 100 might replace seat.
The other 4 might have their leather guy look at it and anywhere from nothing to slight heat water pop outs - like the dentless body fix.
If I had the problem I would take to leather repair pro{auto prefered}, see what they say, decide on $$ vs looks.
But then I do a good visual check out before I accept any rental or purchase.

PS - not sure what MDX trim model u have but ... the Advance has better Millano leather and is a top grain product {although its Acura thin}. Please see my previous write up on auto leather and note that much can be done to hide problems by bonding and coating by true pros... https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/our-leather-vinyl-coated-815678/
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EL_PIC
If the dealer does anything and thats a very big if ...
they opt for the fast and easy.
If you go to 100 service techs I bet 95 will write you off.
1 in 100 might replace seat.
The other 4 might have their leather guy look at it and anywhere from nothing to slight heat water pop outs - like the dentless body fix.
If I had the problem I would take to leather repair pro{auto prefered}, see what they say, decide on $$ vs looks.
But then I do a good visual check out before I accept any rental or purchase.

PS - not sure what MDX trim model u have but ... the Advance has better Millano leather and is a top grain product {although its Acura thin}. Please see my previous write up on auto leather and note that much can be done to hide problems by bonding and coating by true pros... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815678
thanks for your input and the link to your previous post. wish me luck.