Mirror Position when backing up

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mirror Position when backing up

Hi All,

After I got my 2nd service done I notice the side mirrors auto position when I back up my car. I really like that feature but after 2 weeks now when I back up my 2011 MDX I don't see the mirror auto position while backing up.

Is this a known issue?

If not what should I do to fix it?

Appreciate your help.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Rocket Scientist

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you are referring to the outside mirror adjusting down while in reverse? If your mirror switch is in the neutral position, the mirrors stay set as normal, if your switch is moved to the passenger side, the passenger mirror will adjust down when put into reverse, same for the drivers side.
The following users liked this post:
Scotch MDX (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RonC5
Are you are referring to the outside mirror adjusting down while in reverse? If your mirror switch is in the neutral position, the mirrors stay set as normal, if your switch is moved to the passenger side, the passenger mirror will adjust down when put into reverse, same for the drivers side.
LOL @ me.

Ok I will check that tonight
Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RonC5
Thank you Ron It worked. Cheers!!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotch MDX
Hi All,

After I got my 2nd service done I notice the side mirrors auto position when I back up my car. I really like that feature but after 2 weeks now when I back up my 2011 MDX I don't see the mirror auto position while backing up.

Is this a known issue?

If not what should I do to fix it?

Appreciate your help.

I have similar problem with my 06 mdx, but the mirror used to lower itself when im in reverse but now it just lowers a touch rather than its normal distance. Is that a sign that the motor in the mirror is bad? but when i do it manually it works fine all the way down.
Any ideas?
thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by myzsuk303
I have similar problem with my 06 mdx, but the mirror used to lower itself when im in reverse but now it just lowers a touch rather than its normal distance. Is that a sign that the motor in the mirror is bad? but when i do it manually it works fine all the way down.
Any ideas?
thanks
yes. the motor is going bad. i had this happen on my 09 on the driver's side mirror. it would intermittently: 1) work fine, 2) tilt a tad, or 3) not work at all. i've even had the passenger side replaced as well except the mirror stuttered when it returned to the set position once shifting from reverse.

this has also been the cause of the key fob occasionally NOT talking to the car when unlocking to adjust or tilt the steering wheel per driver one settings. the mirrors, seat setting, and steering wheel tilt feature are all on the same circuit. so if the key fob unlocks the car, but the driver seat/mirror settings do not adjust accordingly, they most likely there is something goofy going on. my dealer has found that the door mirror actuators failing causes this "lack of communication" to the car. so far since i've had both mirrors actuators replaced, key fob is talking to the car fine. it's only bee a few days. time will tell.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by myzsuk303
Any ideas?
thanks
My 06 does the same thing. Try adjusting the mirror down as far as it goes and it should start tilting in reverse again. Its not a permanent fix though, after a while it stops working again and so I have to keep adjusting it from time to time.