2011 MDX vs. Enclave vs. MKT/MKX

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010 | 03:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

2011 MDX vs. Enclave vs. MKT/MKX

I'm the car guy amongst our family and friends and basically know how to do the "internet thing" of negotiating online with the internet/fleet manager.

Last weekend I took my Mom's best friend (Jeanie, age 60 with the looks and energy of a 45 year old + has a padded bank account) to go crossover/SUV shopping. Her criteria: powerful V6 + luxury + 3-rows of seats + techno-gadgets in the $40K - 50K range.

Slam dunk for the 2011 MDX. Or so I thought.

I first took her to see the '11 MDX. I always take the buyer to (my opinion of) the best vehicle for them to set the benchmark. For the remainder of the day, if nobody can beat the benchmark, then they've found their vehicle. Usually the benchmark is a Honda/Acura.

She really liked the MDX. Smooth ride, powerful V6, quality feel, impressive technology. She didn't like no keyless entry or push button start, but she felt she could look past that. Overall a great showing for Acura and a worthy benchmark.

Off to Lincoln. Here's where the shock started. Guys, go check out the 2011 Lincolns and Fords. "MyFord" and "MyLincoln" with Sync is WAY ahead of Honda/Acura's nav/voice. Why Honda followed the Germans and went away from touch-screen when EVERY OTHER DEVICE AVAILABLE TO MANKIND is touch (smart phones, grocery stores, ATMs, freakin microwaves) is beyond me. I will keep our 2006 MDX until the wheels fall off simply because it still has touch-screen nav. Okay, I digress. Anyway, Ford has it right. Very intuitive, impressive, impressive touch-command systems.

The 2011 MKX lacks a 3rd row, but is such an attractive vehicle inside and out that Jeanie took a test-drive. Not as smooth as the MDX, but the 305hp 3.7L V6 is powerful and only requires regular unleaded. But she needed the 3rd row.

Enter MKT. Push button start. Keyless entry. Powerful V6 (same 3.7L V6 as above). 3-rows of seats. 20" wheels. Dual sunroofs. Quality interior that looks and smells expensive. Very impressive. It just didn't sit high enough for her, it was too crossover and not enough SUV for Jeanie. Personally, I was shocked at how nice the MKT was...

With Ford's impressive quality scores of late, I couldn't believe what an impressive product display Ford/Lincoln had to present. But neither the MKX nor MKT was quite what Jeanie was looking for...

Enter Enclave. No push button start, but the Enclave has remote start and everything else on her wish list (and more that suddenly became must-haves, like dual sunroofs, regular unleaded, and 20" wheels). The second row captain chairs was very impressive for her because she has several grandkids and accessing the third row is very easy in this minivan-esque setup.

Plus it's just a beautiful SUV. The quality ratings for Buick have been very high and it was hard to make a case against it (although I still kept pushing the MDX ).

But overall, the MDX's requirement of 92 octane + the lack of a dual sunroof, push-button start, touch-screen commands, and a 20" wheel option (yes Jeanie likes to pimp it), forced it to steer clear of Jeanie's garage.

So tomorrow we're going to pick up Jeanie's new 2011 White Diamond w/ Cashmere Buick Enclave CXL-2.

PS: You'd be surprised how little competition the MDX/MKT/Enclave have in the V6/3-row/$40-50k game. Jeanie doesn't like the Toyota Highlander, Lexus doesn't offer such a vehicle (the RX is 2-row and GX is V8), no Infiniti, MB has the R350 but it bases at $51K with no tech, no BMW at this price, she feels Audi's Q7 has questionable reliability (as do I), and Subaru Tribeca is meh.
Old 11-21-2010 | 11:45 AM
Instructor

We looked closely at the Enclave too and I thought it had real nice interior appointments/trim quality, it was attractive to say the least, and had more interior cargo space. But at the cost of being physically and noticeably longer and didn't handle as well, more numb and disconnected and kind of "wallowy" I thought. The wife just was not going for the extra length, too much like our old min-van. She is REALLY happy with the MDX and thinks it's got the perfect balance between having three rows and compact overall vehicle length. I like the aggressive styling too...
Old 11-22-2010 | 05:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

MDX- I agree, needing a key to start it is pre-historic.
Ford - Yes the Sync is pretty good but I do not like touch screens, too much eye of the road, hand off the wheel, missing the icon when you go over a bump and I, for one, do not get acceptance of commands from touch screens (I have to hit them several times).
Buick - a nice package, very competitive in features but my friend has a Caddy Escalade and even he calls it a Chevy! As for 2 moonroofs? I do not not even want one yet alone two, if I open the shade I need to wear a hat to keep the sun out of my eyes and off of my head and if I open the roof the the wind noise negates the point of buying a quiet car.
Good choice but I chose the 2010 MDX.
Old 11-22-2010 | 06:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

I forgot to mention - Did you look at those Lincolns? Can you imagine waking up to that in the morning!
Old 11-22-2010 | 11:21 AM
Advanced

Resale value of the MDX also much better than the other vehicles.
Old 11-22-2010 | 06:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I thought about the '10 Enclave too, but the residual after only a couple of years is going to be like $10K less than my '10 MDX. That was a no-brainer for me, but I guess someone looking for a used Enclave in a couple of years will get a very good deal.
Old 11-23-2010 | 12:41 PM
Advanced

#1 Acura sounds so much better than buick.
#2 Im not sure if she is buying or leasing. If she is buying there will be much more potential buyers for an MDX than an Enclave.
Old 11-23-2010 | 05:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Acura sounds so much better than buick.
the residual after only a couple of years is going to be like $10K less than my '10 MDX
Resale value of the MDX also much better than the other vehicles.
Yep, I hear ya. These reasons are why I start with the MDX.

For Jeanie, the Enclave is the perfect vehicle (not everybody). And actually the resale and quality ratings have been high. The point of this thread was to show that the competition is catching up. The MDX is my favorite choice and will still be my benchmark, but it's starting to lag behind in these small, but significant options:
  • dual sunroofs (not for everybody, but even the Kia Sorrento has this now)
  • keyless entry
  • push-button start
  • noise abatement
  • requiring 92-octane
  • 18" wheels, rare 19" Advance wheels, no 20's
Jeanie is not the first family/friend to pass on the MDX, so I'm starting to notice a trend. Sure resale is high, quality and reliability are top-notch, these factors remain. But I'm hoping the options above get addressed in the next model.
Old 11-24-2010 | 01:17 PM
Racer

At the end of the day I know people pick what better fits them and what they like the most. I'm all for newer technology, they need it in order to stay competitive but I must also say, personally I think push-button start is overrated. At least I can fold my key into the fob and not have any pointy things in my pocket. Sunroofs are not for me. I hardly ever use the one I have. And no disrespect to Jeanie or any one else, but she is 60 and the Buick probably fits her better.
Old 11-27-2010 | 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dominik331
And no disrespect to Jeanie or any one else, but she is 60 and the Buick probably fits her better.
True. But I must say, I'm 36 and my wife is 34 and we would own an Enclave in a heartbeat. It made me feel good that GM is finally starting to "get" it.

So Acura better stop messing around with their styling and start paying attention

By the way, I posted a pic of a CXL-1 earlier, the CXL-2 is much nicer:

Old 11-27-2010 | 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

All things considered, the MDX is still basically going off a 2007 generation change. Back then it was the top SUV and is still rated #1 today, despite its short comings by up and coming rivals. These rivals had 4 years to study the MDX and figure out ways to be ahead.

Look at the TL. It stepped up it's game in the form of the 4th gen compared to the 3rd. A lot of companies payed attention to the TL back then and worked on improving their own brand to meet or beat it. And then Acura released the 4th gen and it was back to the drawing board for the rivals again. (probably back to the drawing boards for the 4th gen desingers as well, with that futuristic styling. Maybe they "advanced" too far style wise. lol)

Anyway, with the 3rd gen MDX, I believe Acura will indeed "advance" ahead of the pack once more. And I believe push button start is overrated, but It will most likely make it's way into the next MDX change.
Old 11-29-2010 | 10:44 AM
Cruisin'

Buick Enclave vs Acura MDX

When I was shopping to replace my Chevy Tahoe, Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia was a natural first choice because of added loyalty discount.
However, I couldn't quite accept paying more than 40k (paid 36k for the Tahoe) and then having to deal with quality problems later on .
On top of that, Buick Enclave looked more like a mini-van without the sliding doors to my wife.
Third row seating was a must-have for her and that left us with only one good choice MDX.
Yes - agree on newer features - MDX needs to catch up. I've a Lexus HS250h Premium too and I wish I had all those features.
And yes - agree - how little competition is there in this segment.
And if you've little kids, you'll want dual sunroofs too .
Overall, I'm very happy with my MDX (only 16k miles yet) but looking forward to next generation.
Old 11-30-2010 | 07:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with some posts here re: the sunroofs - it should be an option because I would never buy one. The push button start is nice unless you have to insert a fob somewhere. I love the RL system - you only need the fob on you, it never comes out of my pocket or briefcase and the start is a familiar turn on the column.
Old 11-30-2010 | 09:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by db22
I agree with some posts here re: the sunroofs - it should be an option because I would never buy one. The push button start is nice unless you have to insert a fob somewhere. I love the RL system - you only need the fob on you, it never comes out of my pocket or briefcase and the start is a familiar turn on the column.
yes, you are right, that type of system does make sense and it is a plus. The one I don't care about is the one like the 06 BMW 3 where you still need to insert the fob inside a slot.
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:36 AM
Racer

What about the drive? I value the MDX's impressive dynamic handling, lack of body roll, overall performance.

I am an involuntary shareholder of GM. I resent that the old bond holders and rule of law got tossed out.
Old 12-02-2010 | 12:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Litt
What about the drive? I value the MDX's impressive dynamic handling, lack of body roll, overall performance.
I drove both and the MDX is definitely the handler of the two. The Enclave was better than I thought, and actually impressed me, but the MDX is still the best handling SUV near it's price.

RE: key fobs

The Enclave has keyless entry (it detects the key in your pocket) but it does not have push-button start. That was the one thing that Jeanie wanted, but was willing to forgoe considering the Enclave's other features. One thing she really liked was remote start - which allows you to push a fob button from a distance and it starts the vehicle with the existing a/c, heated/cooled seats, etc. settings on. So if it's an extreme weather day, your vehicle is already cool/warm. The doors remain locked so nobody can just hop in your vehicle.

I have keyless entry + push-button start on my Mazda 6 and I absolutely love it. I put the keys in my pocket and never worry about them again. Although I love our MDX, when I grab the keys I always sigh because I actually have to use them.

RE: sunroofs

I'm the kinda guy that my vehicle must have a sunroof or I'm not even considering it. That's what attracted me to Acura was that moonroofs were/are standard. Maybe it's because I'm in sunny SoCal, but the dual-sunroof is now almost a must for our next SUV. Especially in the rear of the vehicle, it opens it up and doesn't feel as enclosed. Plus we have an 11-month old baby boy and we'd rather have him looking at the sky and out the windows during his childhood than have his head buried in a Nintendo DS or his mug staring at a DVD screen.
Old 12-02-2010 | 08:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Type34
RE: key fobs

The Enclave has keyless entry (it detects the key in your pocket) but it does not have push-button start. That was the one thing that Jeanie wanted, but was willing to forgoe considering the Enclave's other features. One thing she really liked was remote start - which allows you to push a fob button from a distance and it starts the vehicle with the existing a/c, heated/cooled seats, etc. settings on. So if it's an extreme weather day, your vehicle is already cool/warm. The doors remain locked so nobody can just hop in your vehicle.

I have keyless entry + push-button start on my Mazda 6 and I absolutely love it. I put the keys in my pocket and never worry about them again. Although I love our MDX, when I grab the keys I always sigh because I actually have to use them.

RE: sunroofs

I'm the kinda guy that my vehicle must have a sunroof or I'm not even considering it. That's what attracted me to Acura was that moonroofs were/are standard. Maybe it's because I'm in sunny SoCal, but the dual-sunroof is now almost a must for our next SUV. Especially in the rear of the vehicle, it opens it up and doesn't feel as enclosed. Plus we have an 11-month old baby boy and we'd rather have him looking at the sky and out the windows during his childhood than have his head buried in a Nintendo DS or his mug staring at a DVD screen.
BTW-The MDX has remote start as an option.
I too live in So Cal and that is why I hate the sunroof - it's too bright inside with the sun in my eyes reflecting off of my sunglasses and I'm not going to wear a baseball cap unless I'm playing baseball. I only use the sunroof when I'm parked to vent the hot car.
I do agree with having your children look out of the windows instead of a DVD but even an 11 month old kid is going to get bored with looking at the So Cal blue sky! Acura should put the torque vectoring display on the screen in the back so son can tell if Dad is pushing hard!
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:45 AM
Intermediate

Another option, unless you're looking for a "luxury" brand only, would be the new Ford explorer.

New explorer looks amazing, 3rd row seats, all the awesome Ford Tech, 17/25 mpgs and a real nice v6.

Before I bought my 3g TL last year I was rolling in a 1999 F-150. Loved that truck and I'm so happy to see Ford just killing it right now. Its amazing to me that for a non-luxury brand their tech might be the best in the world. The explorer might be my next car.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by OCADA
Another option, unless you're looking for a "luxury" brand only, would be the new Ford explorer.

New explorer looks amazing, 3rd row seats, all the awesome Ford Tech, 17/25 mpgs and a real nice v6.

Before I bought my 3g TL last year I was rolling in a 1999 F-150. Loved that truck and I'm so happy to see Ford just killing it right now. Its amazing to me that for a non-luxury brand their tech might be the best in the world. The explorer might be my next car.
And that's why Honda/Acura should always try to keep up with technology, so that their customer don't wonder off to other showrooms.
Old 12-02-2010 | 11:00 AM
TQ > MPG

I like the Lincolns also, and my wife's Flex SE has been very solid, and we love the space.

The Enclave/Traverse/Outlook are very nice also and we considered them, but the Flex MO drove better and was a much better bang for the buck.

Congrats on her purchase, and IMO the MDX is losing ground, and most of the competition has caught up, and often, passed Acura in their segment.
Old 12-02-2010 | 01:26 PM
Racer

For a vehicle that has been on the market for 4 years, it holds pretty good against the competition, see below for November sale numbers, they have been very consistent for the past year or so. Competition is catching up and Honda/Acura should not ever feel complacent about their products.

MDX 4,191 +15.9%
SRX 4,076 +35.7%
Enclave 3,810 +24.7%
Mclass 3,470 +29.5%
x5 3,436 +24%
MKX 1,891 +38.6%
GX 1,376 +530.9%
FX 901 +16.1%
Old 12-19-2010 | 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Nice write-up. My wife has a 2004 MDX and she doesn't like the new design which is too bad as I like it over the old design. Anyways, we took the kids to Disney last month and after the GM test track ride, we saw a bunch of cars on display and one of them was the Enclave. We/she never even considered a Buick until she saw it there. She liked the interior and LOVED how the captain chairs in the 2nd row makes it so easy to access the third row. I have to admit that I didn't expect it to be that nice.

If it was up to me, I would take the MDX hands down over the Enclave but it would be her car and therefore the Enclave may be in our garage when we pick up a new ride. I'm not a big fan of SUVs so I'm trying to talk her into a sedan. Would love it if the Hyundai Genesis sedan kept my TL company in the garage!
Old 12-20-2010 | 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by apnorm
Nice write-up. My wife has a 2004 MDX and she doesn't like the new design which is too bad as I like it over the old design. Anyways, we took the kids to Disney last month and after the GM test track ride, we saw a bunch of cars on display and one of them was the Enclave. We/she never even considered a Buick until she saw it there. She liked the interior and LOVED how the captain chairs in the 2nd row makes it so easy to access the third row. I have to admit that I didn't expect it to be that nice.
I too was shocked re: the Enclave. As the car guy of our family, I had never taken anyone to the Buick dealer. Ever. And to be honest, the Enclave was the last car of the day and we went just to check it off my list.

I think a lot of people who drive Japanese and German SUVs would be stunned at the quality and engineering offered in the Lambda GMs, most notably the Enclave.

And I'm not sure if you've been in the LaCrosse, but I spent about 20 minutes in a showroom model and was very impressed. My father drives a Lexus ES350 as his "desert runabout car" (yeah life's tough for pops) and I'd probably choose the LaCrosse over his ES.

Anyway you slice it, Ford and GM are making huge strides...
Old 12-25-2010 | 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

I am in the process of evaluating between a 2011 MDX or a 2011 Enclave. I will be replacing a 2002 MDX (it is actually my wife's car). I would have never considered the Enclave until I started to do some research and looking at the price point. (I will also get a pretty bid discount - family member works for GM). So for me it is comparing the base MDX vs. the CXL 1. I really don't need any of the Nav or entertainment packages. I will still have to go and test drive both of these to make my decision.
Old 12-25-2010 | 11:54 PM
I love me some Curry...!

Originally Posted by msujohn
I am in the process of evaluating between a 2011 MDX or a 2011 Enclave. I will be replacing a 2002 MDX (it is actually my wife's car). I would have never considered the Enclave until I started to do some research and looking at the price point. (I will also get a pretty bid discount - family member works for GM). So for me it is comparing the base MDX vs. the CXL 1. I really don't need any of the Nav or entertainment packages. I will still have to go and test drive both of these to make my decision.
Good luck ... post pictures and keep us updated
Old 12-25-2010 | 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by msujohn
If you like to drive then SH-AWD will wing hands down. If you like the ride of well... a Buick, Look no further...ha ha ha.
Old 12-30-2010 | 09:18 AM
Instructor

I once wrote my thought that the MDX was basically a chic car. This thread proves it. When my kids were home my wife's car was chosen the same way as everyone else here. But I NEVER drove it for myself. I had a Chevy fuel injected Jeep Custom tranny etc to cruise around with No Doors etc.

I like my X but miss a more powerful engine. No other SUV drives like the X I tried them all. Mercedes was a big disappointment with twin plugs per cylinder etc it drove like a cheap car tilting on easy turns, skimpy tires etc.

The X is almost last in electronics but I also hate the touch screen. Grubby fingerprints is not my idea of good design. The big wheel is fine for me. I seldom look while programing on the fly due to voice telling me where the knob is. I bought the X cause it drove well and not the radio or anything else. Someone comes out with 500hp that drives as good as the X and I'm there. But not until.
Old 12-30-2010 | 11:11 AM
Instructor

A "car guy" in my opinion evaluates all measures of performance over interior electronic gadgets. (basic warranty, reliability, resale being similar). Every year will bring new technology to the automotive scene, so unless you have the means to change cars every 12 months, you'll be left in the proverbial technological dust sooner than later. It seems that performance changes more incrementally, so I choose that as my primary decision maker. Honda makes one of the most refined V-6 power plants in the world and I personally appreciate that it likes to be revved and sounds great doing it and I couldn't care less if it's started by a key or button. Geez, what is the fascination with the freakin' start button?! It's like getting married; it's not about the wedding day, it's about every day after that.
Old 01-01-2011 | 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jbawden
Geez, what is the fascination with the freakin' start button?!
When I first heard about the "Start" button, I thought it was

But then I bought my Mazda 6 with the Start button and I'm hooked. Keep in mind with keyless entry + Start, you don't touch your keys (as long as they're in your pocket, etc.). So here are a few scenarios where keyless + Start have proved invaluable for me:
  • Run to Pep Boys with baby boy. Carrying baby boy plus bags of oil, touch handle, doors open, put boy in car seat, sit in front seat, put bags on floor, push Start and go.
  • Raining cats and dogs. Touch handle, opens, jump in car, throw umbrella on floor, push Start and go.
  • Now combine baby + rain and I'm ready to buy the dude who invented the Start button a case of beer.
I'm one of those guys who would forget his head if it weren't attached to his neck and the simple concept of not worrying about fiddling with keys is a God-send.
Old 03-03-2011 | 03:51 PM
TSXmeister

Just the looks on the Enclave alone I wouldn't buy it...to me it looks hideous (fugly) IMHO...

The Ford Flex retro look, not my cup of tea...

In a couple of months I'll be purchasing a new vehicle to replace the family van with an suv/crossover. I looked at the new MDX and did a test drive, in my mind it was the right vehicle for me. Not until I saw the new 2011 Dodge Durango, absolutely I never thought I would ever buy or own an American nameplate car again until seeing the new 2011 Dodge Durango at an auto show. The quality, fit & finish on the new Durango is top notch totally different from previous generation of Dodge/Chrysler products. I did a test drive on Citadel trim pkg w/the 5.7 hemi V-8 last week boy I was stunned, surprised and impressed on how well it rides - the solid feeling and driving dynamics of the Durango is impressve, did a mix of highway, city and a bit curvy driving...the suspension was just the perfect set up, very nice linear steering feel to it like driving a sport sedan as well as no rattles and squeaks. In choosing the Citadel trim pkg., along with the bells and whistles I'll be saving at least 10 grand compare to a similar optioned '11 Acura MDX with the Advance trim pkg.

As you have mentioned, Ford and GM are making huge strides...well Dodge/Chrysler have made a tremendous effort in a short amount of time to improve the quality of their products it was quite a turnaround. Yeah when I mentioned to my officemates, friends and relatives I was buying a Dodge they were very skeptical well who wouldn't be, but after checking this out it made a believer out of me I had to get one!!!
Old 03-03-2011 | 04:32 PM
Cruisin'

Another MDX

Here's another post from me on the same thread.
My wife uses our MDX and because of many different reasons, we were in the market again. To add to that, there were many incentives from the car companies - just made it more attractive
So we started looking - must haves
  • 3 rows of seat
  • Built-in GPS (my 7" Magellan didn't really work out - she compared that to the in-built one in my Lexus HS250h )
  • Good audio system
Our budget was anything below 45k.
Even though my wife had previously not like Enclave saying that it looked more like a minivan without the sliding doors, we went to the dealer and looked at again. We liked it a lot - more than our MDX -
  • smooth and quiet ride,
  • rich interior,
  • roomy 2nd and 3rd row with captain chair in 2nd row.
Here's the deal breaker -
  • Brand new and the engine idling was rough (up and down)
  • the front passenger side door wouldn't close properly - which we later on found that the entire door was bent - the vertical curvature of the door was not in line with vertical curvature of the body. So even after closing the door, you could see the top of the door popping out almost 1/4th of an inch.
Together, both of these made me think that quality wise, GM is still where it was 10 years ago when I had bought brand new Tahoe. Moreover, when equipped comparable to Acura MDX Tech, it was coming to 1 thousand dollar more. I could not imagine paying 1 thousand dollar more and settling for less reliable vehicle

So - we finally ended up with another MDX - a 2011 Tech this time - with Navi and DVD-Audio. The quality of the sound is so good - it matches my home system (Harman Kardon, Velodyne sub and Infinity speakers)! So much so that she wants me to buy more DVD-As . I offered her a trade - take my Lexus HS250h and give me the MDX - she wouldn't do it . I hate the sound in my Lexus now .

Last edited by rajeev6; 03-03-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2011 | 04:36 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
Just the looks on the Enclave alone I wouldn't buy it...to me it looks hideous (fugly) IMHO...

The Ford Flex retro look, not my cup of tea...

In a couple of months I'll be purchasing a new vehicle to replace the family van with an suv/crossover. I looked at the new MDX and did a test drive, in my mind it was the right vehicle for me. Not until I saw the new 2011 Dodge Durango, absolutely I never thought I would ever buy or own an American nameplate car again until seeing the new 2011 Dodge Durango at an auto show. The quality, fit & finish on the new Durango is top notch totally different from previous generation of Dodge/Chrysler products. I did a test drive on Citadel trim pkg w/the 5.7 hemi V-8 last week boy I was stunned, surprised and impressed on how well it rides - the solid feeling and driving dynamics of the Durango is impressve, did a mix of highway, city and a bit curvy driving...the suspension was just the perfect set up, very nice linear steering feel to it like driving a sport sedan as well as no rattles and squeaks. In choosing the Citadel trim pkg., along with the bells and whistles I'll be saving at least 10 grand compare to a similar optioned '11 Acura MDX with the Advance trim pkg.

As you have mentioned, Ford and GM are making huge strides...well Dodge/Chrysler have made a tremendous effort in a short amount of time to improve the quality of their products it was quite a turnaround. Yeah when I mentioned to my officemates, friends and relatives I was buying a Dodge they were very skeptical well who wouldn't be, but after checking this out it made a believer out of me I had to get one!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...ar/?test=faces
Old 03-03-2011 | 09:06 PM
Pro

when will the next MDX refresh happen? not exterior wise but i mean stuff like push button start.
Old 03-04-2011 | 11:20 AM
Instructor

Well the ZDX has push button start and two sunroofs (back one doesn't open though)and optional 20" wheels. Since the two vehicles are on the same platform, same engine, etc, it wouldn't take much to incorporate these features into next year's MDX. The two sun roof feature may be problematic though since the ZDX roof is all glass. If that was the case with the MDX I think you would lose roof top carrier option.
Old 03-04-2011 | 11:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
when will the next MDX refresh happen? not exterior wise but i mean stuff like push button start.
I doubt that would happen before the next FMC which is most likely next year.
Old 03-06-2011 | 06:37 PM
8th Gear

.....how can I meet Jeanie??????
Old 03-07-2011 | 01:32 AM
Pro

The Enclave looks not bad. The new Ford Explorer is worth a look too.
Old 03-09-2011 | 02:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by svofan1
.....how can I meet Jeanie??????
I can arrange an introduction.
Old 03-21-2011 | 03:29 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by E92Vancouver
The Enclave looks not bad. The new Ford Explorer is worth a look too.
Enclave looks too goofy, while the new Ford Explorer the front & back looks bizarre it just doesn't appeal to me. I did a test drive of the Explorer this past weekend felt the ride was on the firm side, I chose the Durango which has the more sophisticated ride/suspension dialed in right imo...incredibly rides smoothly on the road and seems such easy to drive/maneuver for a vehicle of its size.
Old 03-21-2011 | 04:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSXmeister

maybe in styling... i just ran screaming from an 08 acadia into a 2011 MDX. great design, but it was in the shop every month we owned it, including getting a brand new engine at 28k miles. we traded it in with 37k with a dead nav, check engine light coming on indicating the new engine's timing was going and a tranny issue. anyone considering buying an acadia, enclave or traverse should google: gm 3.6 timing chain or gm 3.6 engine issues. such a shame because its really the only crossover that offers 3 rows of full size seating.

Quick Reply: 2011 MDX vs. Enclave vs. MKT/MKX