2011 Acura MDX w/ Tech Price

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Acura MDX w/ Tech Price

Hey guys, I'm back again after purchasing a 2010 TL late last year. In the market for another car and after having owned (and currently own) a 2003 MDX and a 2007 MDX, there was nothing better IMHO to compare the MDX to. Stopped by the showroom today and the dealership had a 2011 MDX w/ Tech, roof rails, sport running boards and floor mats in the showroom. It had been driven by the owner of the dealership for a bit and has roughly 5000 miles on it. I made an offer and got the price down to $43,602 +TTL and before the $750 Lease/Finance cashback that they're offering. Was wondering if that was a good deal and if I should jump on it. Going to be trading in our 2003 MDX, so hopefully we can get some more money on the trade-in to sweeten the deal. Other SUV I'm looking at is the Lexus RX350 which I got quoted down to 44,750 +TTL comparably equipped.

Ready to pull the trigger on the MDX... just need someone to give me a little push! Btw... our 07 MDX is a Tech/Sport... will we miss any of the "Sport" features we're not getting on this new MDX? I assume the "Sport" package is the new "Advanced" package? I can't justify the extra $5000 for all those random/useless features (except the ventilated seats... damn... wish that was an option you could get without forking over the money for the advanced package).
Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 AM
10th Gear

I just picked up a similar deal on a 2011 with Tech package, running boards, floor mats but no roof rails for $42000 +TTL. It had 1700 miles on it and a very small paint chip on the passenger side...easily fixed.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
It was some time ago obviously but Oct last year, we got a 2010 MDX Tech with Ent (the DVD and heated rear seats), brand new at $43,000 including destination charge. Bought the OEM sport running boards, silver roof rails, all weather mats and wheel locks, all in at about $700 from another dealer through the internet. Paid $250 for installation. Overall a touch under $44,000 but with only 10 miles on the odometer.

Been real happy with it. Away from the slight steering shudder at parking speeds ( dealer says it is normal for all 2010s and 2011s ), it has been an absolutely great buy. Our kid loves the DVD feature. Solid as a rock through the winter storms in the northeast last winter.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Tsenior, was your vehicle a certified one? Was it ever titled? That's a heckuva deal! I'm wondering if I can do better than what I got quoted. Also, is the Advanced package worth it?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Advanced

I forgot to add, it also has the body side molding on it.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Invoice on a new 2011 Tech is about $42.5. The rails, running boards, bsm's and mats are easily worth another $1,500.

I think it's a good deal, but you can always get the price down a little lower.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
You might want to consider the Advance package ...
1. Saftey Equipment
2. Upgraded 19 inch 50 series tires wheels
3. Air Cond seats are most kool No sweaty balls! Really!
4. Active Damper Suspension
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
stay with tech package, no need for advance, waste of money in my opinion. forget about the RX...while its a fine car, it can't match the handling, steering, towing, styling and interior finish of the MDX.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by pickler
stay with tech package, no need for advance, waste of money in my opinion. forget about the RX...while its a fine car, it can't match the handling, steering, towing, styling and interior finish of the MDX.
I went from a Pilot to an MDX because I wanted the toys and features available on the MDX. If you don't go with Advance then you are not getting all that it can be.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Advanced

Ended up going with a brand new one for 1% over invoice. Which came out to around 44,064 for the Tech. Going to add a few accessories... Sport running boards and body side molding. Not sure if I should get the roof rails... Can get the black ones from Tim at Hondacuraplanet.com for $200. Never have used them on our old 03 or 07 MDX... So Im leaning towards not wasting money on them. I have a deal with Tim to get Sport Running Boards, cargo mat, floor mats, body side molding, and wheel locks for under $900 shipped. Good deal? Just gotta work out installation of the running boards and BSM with the dealership. I know I could have gotten lower on the total price of the MDX, but they gave me a few hundred more for the trade in than what they were initially offering. Plus... They have to make money too right? Ugh.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_MD
Ended up going with a brand new one for 1% over invoice. Which came out to around 44,064 for the Tech. Going to add a few accessories... Sport running boards and body side molding. Not sure if I should get the roof rails... Can get the black ones from Tim at Hondacuraplanet.com for $200. Never have used them on our old 03 or 07 MDX... So Im leaning towards not wasting money on them. I have a deal with Tim to get Sport Running Boards, cargo mat, floor mats, body side molding, and wheel locks for under $900 shipped. Good deal? Just gotta work out installation of the running boards and BSM with the dealership. I know I could have gotten lower on the total price of the MDX, but they gave me a few hundred more for the trade in than what they were initially offering. Plus... They have to make money too right? Ugh.
congrats

a few acc aint bad to buy from dealership, but there are certain things which you can buy aftermarket for cheap. i say get the roof racks, body molds and wheel locks from dealer. rest you can buy elsewhere for cheaper.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I also would have opted for brand new.

Originally Posted by pickler
pickler, I disagree. While the Tech package is awesome, the Advance package is even better and well worth the extra cost if you can afford it. There are a ton of Tech's out there, the Advance is much more rare and in higher demand down the road.

Go to any Acura lot and you are lucky if you can find a new Advance on the lot, but there are tons of base and tech.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. As suggested, look for any accessories online at other Acura dealers unless your dealership can come up with 15% discount on a whole package of what you want. They will still be making a ton on money; especially on the installs.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Carbon Bronze RDX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why can't you use the quote from the online accessory dealer to get the dealer you're purchasing the MDX from to match? They want to sell you as much stuff as they can, and none of the online dealers are selling parts/accessories at a loss. When we bought our RDX, I brought printouts from one of the sites and our sales guy had the parts manager match prices on a few things we wanted.

If you haven't put anything on roof rails on your previous cars, why spend the money to put them on this one? Not only the initial cost, but they add a lot of aerodynamic drag (a lot more than they look like they should), which costs you unnecessarily at the pump

Last edited by Philbert; 08-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

Price related 'jump-in'

We signed the paperwork for an '11 w tech package last night...44,2. Sounds a bit high (we did not get rr, rboards or side moulding). I have a 2008 Accord off lease (last payment made, have for 3 more weeks) that we did not put into the deal but I am done with. Looking for advice on how to negotiate the trade for goodies at this point.

Please don't kill me about this - there are some crazy circumstances that I will not try to go into for sanity sake.

I believe we have 1,500 in 'equity' in the Honda and need to trade this for 'goodwill' in terms of acc's/service etc.

Thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

J
Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
$44064 is that the price you paid OTD or that's not including taxes yet??

Plz let me know cause I am in the market for a MDX with same features.. Hoping to pay 44 OTD
Old 08-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by tsturbo
Congrats on the new ride, I also would have opted for brand new.

pickler, I disagree. While the Tech package is awesome, the Advance package is even better and well worth the extra cost if you can afford it. There are a ton of Tech's out there, the Advance is much more rare and in higher demand down the road.

Go to any Acura lot and you are lucky if you can find a new Advance on the lot, but there are tons of base and tech.
+1.
Those with a few more bucks to burn will bear no sweat w the AC seats. Once you walk on the kool side you never go back. But there is a costly catch ...
Now my wife wants a new car w AC seats
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by FelixDang
$44064 is that the price you paid OTD or that's not including taxes yet??

Plz let me know cause I am in the market for a MDX with same features.. Hoping to pay 44 OTD
Why do some people want OTD prices? This makes absolutely no sense as some states have sales tax and some do not, if they do have sales tax, that rate varies by state as do licensing fee's. Also, if there is a trade in involved, all bets are off.

The ONLY way to compare prices is based on what you paid, with no trade in involved and BEFORE T&L.

It is kind of like people relying on the MID to get their MPG, while that should give you an estimate, you need to hand calculate to be exact.

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 08-22-2011 at 09:02 PM.