2007 MDX Bluetooth Hands Free

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MDX Bluetooth Hands Free

Just purchased a new 2007 MDX and have some questions on the bluetooth. Car didn't come with a manual

We got her s5 to pair and load contacts etc. When making a call on her phone (while connected) the phone just dials and rings like normal, not through the speakers unless she presses the bluetooth button on her phone. So basically just a extra step, not trying to complain just not sure if I'm missing some settings somewhere.

Does that sound right?

In my Caddy V I just call the contact through my phone and it auto goes through the system without having to press the button on the wheel and go through the hands free commands etc. The hands free seems more of a hassle then just calling through the phone and having it auto go through the speakers/mic
Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
7th Gear

My Moto X does the same thing in my 07 MDX Tech/RES. In my last car (Audi A6) I'm fairly certain that it did auto-switch to Bluetooth when I dialed something.

I'd be interested in finding out more about this as well. I'm wondering if that isn't configurable on the phone somewhere in Bluetooth settings for the attached device (car).. I'll have to play with it later.

Oh, and if you don't have the manuals, they're available in PDF format, here: Owner's Manuals | 2007 Acura MDX | Acura Owners Site
Old 01-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
you leave you're bluetooth on, so when you get in the car, it connects...you can also store up to 50 names/numbers in the phonebook so all you have to do is push the button and say "call ______" and it does it....
Old 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
7th Gear

The voice recognition is near useless in this car imo.. when I say "Call Angela" I get "Calling 813".. but that's neither here nor there..

From searches on here and on Android forums, it seems that this is just the way that Acuras older Hands Free stuff is designed. It's a feature not a bug. From what I understand, there's some sort of a "Transfer" functionality that can be done to move the call from the Handset to the Car by either doing a Voice Command "Transfer", or selecting "Transfer" on the Nav screen. I'll have to play around with that though as I just recently bought an 07 MDX as well, but I do feel your pain. I'm also wondering if there isn't an Android app that can be used to force the transfer to happen always from the phone side..

I also found this site: Find the iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung to Connect to Your Acura, that shows what features are supported on what phones, on what cars.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
The basic premise behind Hands Free is exactly that - no hands. So you shouldn't have to touch your phone. If as suggested above you load your most frequently called numbers in the address book, along with distinct voice pronunciation, you should be in good shape. "Call Suzanne's cell.". "Call Rocket Pizza" are examples that will work. "Call Home" is going to be difficult as the word "home" isn't that distinct. You can try and experiment with it.
The transfer feature is designed to allow you to switch between the use of your phone and the HFL in your MDX. The idea behind this is if you are on a call while in your car and you reach your destination, you can continue your conversation and get out of the car. The reverse is true as well. If you are already on your phone and have to leave to go somewhere you can transfer the call to the HFL and drive off.