08/09 MDX price ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08/09 MDX price ?

Thanks for the few veterans' advice here, I'm preping to get a MDX with sports/ent. package. Just wondering what have you guys got for your 08/09 MDX ? The online prices seem to be around 43xxx ...

Thanks in advance & wish me luck this weekend as I will stop by local dealer & check it out... no hurry for me though as I am gonna be "killing" them slowly ... hahah ...

Last edited by shooter; 04-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Acuras Only in

one of the lowest price I got quoted from local dealer is $42240 for sports/ent. .. pretty decent IMO ... what do you guys think ?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by shooter
one of the lowest price I got quoted from local dealer is $42240 for sports/ent. .. pretty decent IMO ... what do you guys think ?
Mine was just a little under of what you get qouted for. 08 MDX Tech Package w/ auto tailgate
Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a tech and entertainment for $41,250 which is below invoice. I think that manufacturer to dealer incentives are in effect here. I tried to get it to $41,000. So a Sport and Entertainment for $42,250 is a great deal. I spent the extra money over the sport on running boards, moldings, and cargo cover.

3.9% financing on 60 month 2.9$ on 36.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Acuras Only in

Somehow I couldn't get him to go any lower than 42350 (which is 100 higher than his email offer) yesterday. So I stopped him from keep on running to his manager to "fight" for me and left ... let's see what he does now ... I'm in no hurry to get a SUV as we have one now, just want to get into the buyers' market & upgrade to MDX ... stay tuned & cross my fingers ...
Old 04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
3rd Gear

Your price on a sport/ent is good as it's $1,000 over mine. I just found out that the Honda has a $2,000 dealer incentive. Heck if I could have gottent that deal I would have bought a sport. I would jump on that quick. Go to www.edmunds.com forums for the MDX and check out the thread what did you pay.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Acuras Only in

I did check it out at Edmunds as well as KBB for a national market price for MDX & it seems to be around 43500 (for sports/ent.) ... some self-claimed manager tried calling me the day after I walked out & I was pretty firm about the price, so they eventually agreed on 42250 plus 300 4-yr maintenence package, which is decent in my mind ... of course they will try to sell me more things later on when I bring it back for service, but that's another battle at another time ... LOL ... so I'm looking at a bit voer 43400 after some accessaries & get them throw in locks, mats & first-aid kit ... (was told dealers are very relundant to throw in anything nowadays) ... only two cars left with my color-combo & trim level, so i didn't want to take any chance ... will pick it up tomorrow & report back after I break it in gradually ....
Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 520 Likes on 296 Posts
I appologize for the hi-jack, but does the sports package offer anything other than wheels and running boards?

I also thought the power tailgate was included in the tech package.. no?

I absolutely love the interior in the 07+ MDX, but it would be my wife's car and she's not into the SUV scene, and she's annoyingly frugal

thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Acuras Only in

The wheels are part of the sports pack. but the running boards are extra ... power liftgate is inculded in sports & tech pack. ( i think) ...

Good luck !
Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 520 Likes on 296 Posts
The wheels are part of the sports pack. but the running boards are extra ... power liftgate is inculded in sports & tech pack. ( i think) ...

Good luck !
ah ok, thanks, so sports pack by itself only gives you wheels, no esthetics or different springs or shocks, correct?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Acuras Only in

I've just had blind faith in csmeance & fiftyfive, so I took the sports/ent. package .. LOL ... your best bet is to look up from acura.com or edmunds or KBB.com to find out exactly what tech, sports, tech/ent, or sport/ent. packages has ...

Good luck ...
Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
7th Gear

I recently bought an 09 tech for $38,595 including destination. Had other offers via email for about $100 less but not in the color I wanted. This is my first Acura and so far I'm pleased after 1100 miles.

Best of luck to those looking for a Sport version. I found very few available in my search - settled for the tech. BTW, the Sport gets you perforated leather which is IMHO a better quality, sport rims, auto leveling HIDs, textured interior trim, and the selectable active damper suspension (sport - firm or comfort - squishy to me). Base and tech are closer to the firm side but still softer than the FX35 I was driving. I drove both the tech and sport and couldn't rationalize the extra expense for the Sport version.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Dekker
I recently bought an 09 tech for $38,595 including destination. Had other offers via email for about $100 less but not in the color I wanted. This is my first Acura and so far I'm pleased after 1100 miles.

Best of luck to those looking for a Sport version. I found very few available in my search - settled for the tech. BTW, the Sport gets you perforated leather which is IMHO a better quality, sport rims, auto leveling HIDs, textured interior trim, and the selectable active damper suspension (sport - firm or comfort - squishy to me). Base and tech are closer to the firm side but still softer than the FX35 I was driving. I drove both the tech and sport and couldn't rationalize the extra expense for the Sport version.
Congrats! and welcome
Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Shooter...great choice!

Can you folks post up some pics? I am absolutely in love with the MDX. My wife currently drives a TSX, but we have a little one on the way, so we were considering trading it in for the MDX Sport w/enterainment, all black. I would love to get one before the refresh because I'm pretty sure the update will have the plenum grill (which I don't like). The current shield grill is a lot more classy to me. Is it best to wait until the end of the year for year-end incentives? Maybe they will markdown on the current 09 to make room for the refreshed models.

Also, please post pics. The MDX side of this forum doesn't have enough pics of the 2nd gen MDX's. The other forum, .ORG, is not very user friendly and easy to navigate. Thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Acuras Only in

I will try to shoot some pics during the next few days .... as far as whether you should wait till the end of the year, it's your choice You can get the combo now (trim & color wise) while it lasts or take your chance of getting possible an even better deal when 10 models come out .... I coulnd't wait since I have to put two carseats plus 4 adults inside; also the deal I got was pretty decent IMO ....

That blk/blk combo is sexy but I've had three blk cars & decided to go with silver (or WDP) ext. to make my own life easier ... LOL ... just couldn't go to the arch rival WDP side at all ...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shooter,
was it an 08 or 09 you purchased. I'm really thinking about trading in my wife's TSX for an MDX and my local dealership has 2 08's left on the lot. The one that I'm looking at is BLK/BLK with sport/entertainment pkg. Trying to see if there's a huge difference in price between a new 08 and a new 09.

I will try to shoot some pics during the next few days .... as far as whether you should wait till the end of the year, it's your choice You can get the combo now (trim & color wise) while it lasts or take your chance of getting possible an even better deal when 10 models come out .... I coulnd't wait since I have to put two carseats plus 4 adults inside; also the deal I got was pretty decent IMO ....

That blk/blk combo is sexy but I've had three blk cars & decided to go with silver (or WDP) ext. to make my own life easier ... LOL ... just couldn't go to the arch rival WDP side at all ...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Instructor

SlimTL,
I like the 2 acura household.

04 ACURA TL SSM A-Spec
06 ACURA TSX CGP A-Spec
over here!

Originally Posted by SlimTL
Shooter...great choice!

Can you folks post up some pics? I am absolutely in love with the MDX. My wife currently drives a TSX, but we have a little one on the way, so we were considering trading it in for the MDX Sport w/enterainment, all black. I would love to get one before the refresh because I'm pretty sure the update will have the plenum grill (which I don't like). The current shield grill is a lot more classy to me. Is it best to wait until the end of the year for year-end incentives? Maybe they will markdown on the current 09 to make room for the refreshed models.

Also, please post pics. The MDX side of this forum doesn't have enough pics of the 2nd gen MDX's. The other forum, .ORG, is not very user friendly and easy to navigate. Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Acuras Only in

Slimboogie: as far as I can tell, there is little changes being done on 09 from 08 models ... my local dealers had none 08 left when I started shopping around ... TSX is kind of close to TL IMHO, so change is good ... LOL ... that MDX beast is calling you to make the switch ...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Instructor

So what do you guys think should be a good starting price on new 08 MDX Sport/Entertainment.

Which one should I let go for the MDX?
mine

or hers

Slimboogie: as far as I can tell, there is little changes being done on 09 from 08 models ... my local dealers had none 08 left when I started shopping around ... TSX is kind of close to TL IMHO, so change is good ... LOL ... that MDX beast is calling you to make the switch ...
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by slimboogie
So what do you guys think should be a good starting price on new 08 MDX Sport/Entertainment.

Which one should I let go for the MDX?
mine or hers
I'm in the same boat as you. I love them both and wish I could keep both and add the MDX to make it a 3 Acura garage. TL and TSX as daily drivers and the MDX as the weekender, traveler, errands, grocery hauler. Albeit, we decided on keeping the TL because of the room over the TSX. The V6 engine and many other little things. But, to me, the TSX has a better build quality. Either way, it's not an easy decision.
The only good thing is, with the MDX, it makes parting a little easier.
Any pics yet Shooter?

TL:

TSX:

Together:
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
I was told this may be a better place to post this.
I live in Houston TX and wanted to get some input on prices I just received.

$42995 Tech w/ent
$43995 Sport w/ent

From what I have been able to find these prices seem pretty reasonable, but I figured I should ask the experts!

I am not sure if this includes desitination fees etc. What else should I have my sales person include in the price? I guess I could ask for the out the door price.

On a separate note, I currently have a 2006 TL with 60K and thinking about trading it in on the MDX. What is the going price on TLs? Should I trade or sell on the side. The trade in would make the deal a lot easier for me, so I am taking that into consideration.

Thanks all!!