5AT to 6MT parts list

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
^your mechanic is prob referring to the Engine damper (I believe),that comes standard on the MT TL's. I also believe the MT engine mounts are slightly different as well. There is a thread on this page of perf section about it. On the other questions, I don't know.

Edit: Engine torque Damper...

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/xlr8-engine-torque-damper-04-08-tl-manual-764069/
Is the OEM dampner the part #6 pictured here?:

Last edited by Rollen; 02-12-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
No, I believe it is #12 in this link below...

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Old 02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
I wish this was able to be done on the Type-S for that cheap. I am desperate to do away with the slushbox in mine. After finding out costs would be around $15,000 I gave up. The 6mt transmission for the TL-S out of the J35a8 has a different bell housing than any J32 motor.

6mt for a TL-S is $5500 alone.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey_Straker
I wish this was able to be done on the Type-S for that cheap. I am desperate to do away with the slushbox in mine. After finding out costs would be around $15,000 I gave up. The 6mt transmission for the TL-S out of the J35a8 has a different bell housing than any J32 motor.

6mt for a TL-S is $5500 alone.
I don't know what I was thinking, I've spent the past couple days building a excel spread sheet with everything needed for the Type-S. I'll post a link soon.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Advanced

How much of the dash needs to be removed o wire the harness for the ecu
Old 03-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Advanced

I'm having same problem as a.patel when he was wiring his clutch pedal . What do I do to wire the clutch pedal switches ? Need help it's the last step in my car. Shout out to nav or Patel please....
Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 152 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for.

Replaced the engine harness right? Going to be a lot simpler if that was replaced.

Looks like it goes to the starter cut relay and the other end off the relay goes to the ignition switch.

Then one goes to the ECM.

The circuit drawings for the car's electrical wiring (engine) starts on page 11-40 of the FSM. This is for 04-05 I think its a bit different on 06-08.

What's your total cost been so far? Just curious.
Attached Thumbnails 5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-1.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-2.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-3.jpg  

Last edited by mzilvar; 03-16-2014 at 02:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rollen (03-16-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mzilvar
I think this is what you're looking for.

Replaced the engine harness right? Going to be a lot simpler if that was replaced.

Looks like it goes to the starter cut relay and the other end off the relay goes to the ignition switch.

Then one goes to the ECM.

The circuit drawings for the car's electrical wiring (engine) starts on page 11-40 of the FSM. This is for 04-05 I think its a bit different on 06-08.

What's your total cost been so far? Just curious.
Yeah I changed the engine harness butmy car is originally 06 I hope it works out like this is there anything else you can share ? You just saved me from a Big head ache

I spent 1500 on parts thanks to acktl05 (Bruce from EndlessRPM) and 900 in labor

Last edited by Rollen; 03-16-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Here's for 07-08, I'm pretty sure 06 has the same engine electrical harness if I'm not mistaken which is why Hondata only made the ECU adapter for the 04-05.

Also some schematic diagrams showing the starter circuit.. looks like the AT used 2 relays and the MT uses 1 relay.

Did you get 06 engine harness or 04-05? Thats going to make a difference, also if ECM is 04-05 or 06?
Attached Thumbnails 5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-1.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-2.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-3.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-mt-4.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-1.jpg  

Last edited by mzilvar; 03-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Rollen (03-16-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rollen
Yeah I changed the engine harness butmy car is originally 06 I hope it works out like this is there anything else you can share ? You just saved me from a Big head ache

I spent 1500 on parts thanks to acktl05 (Bruce from EndlessRPM) and 900 in labor
That's pretty dam good, considering a rebuilt AT runs 3k or so, here in Hawaii it's like 5k.

Make sure which harness and ECM you have, they're different if you have 06 or if you got an 04-05.
Rollen (03-17-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Here's for 07-08, I'm pretty sure 06 has the same engine electrical harness if I'm not mistaken which is why Hondata only made the ECU adapter for the 04-05.

Also some schematic diagrams showing the starter circuit.. looks like the AT used 2 relays and the MT uses 1 relay.

Did you get 06 engine harness or 04-05? Thats going to make a difference, also if ECM is 04-05 or 06?
The engine harness, ecu harness and ecu are all 05 including the trans. The car is 06 so the dash harness is 06. Which one should I do?

Yeah it's the reason why I went with it a once in a life time kinda deal I actually only Paid 750 for parts because my friends trans blew and I soldier to him.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Burning Brakes

I think ideally it'd be the 04-05 but I think there's more going on in your case.

The interior fuse box is different between 04-05 and 06 and the 07-08 looks like it has a different interior fuse box as well.

I'm looking at the 07-08 FSM, I don't have one specifically for the 06, but I know the engine harness is essentially the same on the 06-08.

The thing I don't know and can't verify are the differences between the interior fuse box from 04-05 and 06. I can compare 04-05 to 07-08 but don't know if it's the same for 06 as 07-08.

I know that the 04-05 has a starter cut relay in the interior fuse box in the same spot that the 07-08 has it's fog lamp relay. If 06 is similar you're going to have more electrical problems than just trying to deal with the starter cut circuit since things were probably moved around.

Since it's an 06, you should really be using the 06 engine harness and 06 ECM, not the 04-05. The electrical problems are going to be a nightmare if there are significant differences.

What I can say is the under hood fuse box is the same for 04-05 and 06 though.

The 06 AT & MT also both use the same interior fuse box, there are differences on the dash harness in 06 from 04-05.

At least your in luck that the trans assembly for 04-05 shares the P/N for the 06 trans assembly. But electrically you should get the 06 engine harness and 06 ECM.

Lemme check P/N on that and see if its the same or different may be in luck duno.

.. disregard lol engine harness is definitely different 04-05 from 06 and about $200 more for 06

Last edited by mzilvar; 03-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Rollen (03-17-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Advanced

I think ideally it'd be the 04-05 but I think there's more going on in your case.

The interior fuse box is different between 04-05 and 06 and the 07-08 looks like it has a different interior fuse box as well.

I'm looking at the 07-08 FSM, I don't have one specifically for the 06, but I know the engine harness is essentially the same on the 06-08.

The thing I don't know and can't verify are the differences between the interior fuse box from 04-05 and 06. I can compare 04-05 to 07-08 but don't know if it's the same for 06 as 07-08.

I know that the 04-05 has a starter cut relay in the interior fuse box in the same spot that the 07-08 has it's fog lamp relay. If 06 is similar you're going to have more electrical problems than just trying to deal with the starter cut circuit since things were probably moved around.

Since it's an 06, you should really be using the 06 engine harness and 06 ECM, not the 04-05. The electrical problems are going to be a nightmare if there are significant differences.

What I can say is the under hood fuse box is the same for 04-05 and 06 though.

The 06 AT & MT also both use the same interior fuse box, there are differences on the dash harness in 06 from 04-05.

At least your in luck that the trans assembly for 04-05 shares the P/N for the 06 trans assembly. But electrically you should get the 06 engine harness and 06 ECM.

Lemme check P/N on that and see if its the same or different may be in luck duno.

.. disregard lol engine harness is definitely different 04-05 from 06 and about $200 more for 06

Shit I hope you're not telling me I go buy new harnesses lol the mechanics got the 05 engine harness to work on the 06 with wiring and splicing using pieces of the 06 engine harness. They haven't replete any conflicts with the engine harness itself but they mainly don't know what to so with the switches on the clutch pedal inhibitors since it's at the dash doesn't have any readily available switches for it. Basically the engine harness has been the only one that has needed modifications but the ecu connectors are all the same just less wiring on them I'm assuming it's because of the lack of at functions. What would you do in this case?

Last edited by Rollen; 03-16-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Shit I hope you're not telling me I go buy new harnesses lol the mechanics got the 05 engine harness to work on the 06 with wiring and splicing using pieces of the 06 engine harness. They haven't replete any conflicts with the engine harness itself but they mainly don't know what to so with the switches on the clutch pedal inhibitors since it's at the dash doesn't have any readily available switches for it. Basically the engine harness has been the only one that has needed modifications but the ecu connectors are all the same just less wiring on them I'm assuming it's because of the lack of at functions. What would you do in this case?
The switch for the starter cut is a relay that is inside of the interior fuse box. I can't verify this against an 06 because I don't have the FSM for the 06, I have one for 04 which is the same as 05 and the 07-08.

One of the clutch switches should be connected through the engine harness to the ECM, the other one (or different pins on the same one, I don't know what the clutch pedal switch looks like) goes through the starter cut relay which essentially requires you to have the clutch depressed in order to engage the starter.

What the starter cut relay is doing is removing power from the starter solenoid in the event that you try to start the car without depressing the clutch.

They can probably cut and splice it in somewhere, using the 04-05 schematics that I provided.

The thing is I don't know if you're going to have any other electrical problems unrelated to the transmission, I think there are some differences on your interior fuse box.

Try operating everything before you take the car from mechanics, things like your fog lights, head lights, etc etc to make sure it all works and engine runs without any CELs.

I would've just gone with the 06 harness so they didn't have to chop anything up though, depending on what they've done it could become difficult in the future to troubleshoot or find something that is wrong.. the car isn't going to line up to the FSM wiring any longer in some places.
Rollen (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Advanced

The switch for the starter cut is a relay that is inside of the interior fuse box. I can't verify this against an 06 because I don't have the FSM for the 06, I have one for 04 which is the same as 05 and the 07-08.

One of the clutch switches should be connected through the engine harness to the ECM, the other one (or different pins on the same one, I don't know what the clutch pedal switch looks like) goes through the starter cut relay which essentially requires you to have the clutch depressed in order to engage the starter.

What the starter cut relay is doing is removing power from the starter solenoid in the event that you try to start the car without depressing the clutch.

They can probably cut and splice it in somewhere, using the 04-05 schematics that I provided.

The thing is I don't know if you're going to have any other electrical problems unrelated to the transmission, I think there are some differences on your interior fuse box.

Try operating everything before you take the car from mechanics, things like your fog lights, head lights, etc etc to make sure it all works and engine runs without any CELs.

I would've just gone with the 06 harness so they didn't have to chop anything up though, depending on what they've done it could become difficult in the future to troubleshoot or find something that is wrong.. the car isn't going to line up to the FSM wiring any longer in some places.

Moment of truth is today and tomorrow hopefully everything works out. Thanks for the information man you saved me 2 weeks of head aches lol. Hopefully when get the car running everything will come back green. I'm planning on switching the harnesses to 06 eventually though rather take care of that asap.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Moment of truth is today and tomorrow hopefully everything works out. Thanks for the information man you saved me 2 weeks of head aches lol. Hopefully when get the car running everything will come back green. I'm planning on switching the harnesses to 06 eventually though rather take care of that asap.
haha if you end up getting the 06 harness you should take a good look at hondata you can cut some of the cost when you do this by buying the 07 AT PCM instead of the 06 ECM if you change the harness again.

hondata made a way to flash the MT programming into the 07 AT PCM and with the 06 harness you wont need the harness adapter from hondata in order to run it on your car, just the OBDII adapter for the can-bus

I'd give them a call and talk about it, if you were going to do it. The 07 AT PCM is supposed to be a lot cheaper
Rollen (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Advanced

haha if you end up getting the 06 harness you should take a good look at hondata you can cut some of the cost when you do this by buying the 07 AT PCM instead of the 06 ECM if you change the harness again.

hondata made a way to flash the MT programming into the 07 AT PCM and with the 06 harness you wont need the harness adapter from hondata in order to run it on your car, just the OBDII adapter for the can-bus

I'd give them a call and talk about it, if you were going to do it. The 07 AT PCM is supposed to be a lot cheaper

06 Engine harness and 07 Subwire PCM harness?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Advanced

The plugs that go into the switches are there. Are they suppose to be taken from something else or would I need a donor car to get the plugs for the switches on the pedal (the male end that goes into the switches)
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

The plugs that go into the switches are there. Are they suppose to be taken from something else or would I need a donor car to get the plugs for the switches on the pedal (the male end that goes into the switches)
It's on the dash wire harness, which wasn't swapped.

So you're either going to have to replace the dash harness with one from an 06 MT or splice in your own starter cut relay (an alternative would be to re-use the OEM starter cut relay and splice into those wires) and splice the other clutch switch into the ECM harness on the correct pin.

Replacing the dash harness would be a PITA.

Again this is for 04-05, I don't have the FSM for the 06 I can compare to 07-08 though.

If you decided to buy the 06 engine harness you'll still have the clutch connector problem unless you replaced the dash harness as well.

The fuse boxes on 06 for AT and MT are the same though, so you should be able to splice the wires into them to make your own connections and re-use the factory starter cut relay.

I don't know that anyone has gone backwards like that before either, putting the 04-05 engine harness into the 06. Some other things may be coming off the dash harness or the interior fuse box that may cause significant electrical gremlins to chase around to try to get everything together and running correctly.

What I was saying before is if you buy the 06 harness you'll need to either buy the 06 ECM or the 07 ECM and run hondata. You won't be able to run the 06 harness with the 05 ECM that you have, the pin-outs are significantly different.

If you did the 07 AT ECM it can be reflashed to run the MT programming and its cheaper and pins the same as the 06 ECM. Can discuss that with hondata if you go that route.
Attached Thumbnails 5AT to 6MT parts list-cp-1.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-cp-2.jpg  

Last edited by mzilvar; 03-17-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced

It's on the dash wire harness, which wasn't swapped.

So you're either going to have to replace the dash harness with one from an 06 MT or splice in your own starter cut relay (an alternative would be to re-use the OEM starter cut relay and splice into those wires) and splice the other clutch switch into the ECM harness on the correct pin.

Replacing the dash harness would be a PITA.

Again this is for 04-05, I don't have the FSM for the 06 I can compare to 07-08 though.

If you decided to buy the 06 engine harness you'll still have the clutch connector problem unless you replaced the dash harness as well.

The fuse boxes on 06 for AT and MT are the same though, so you should be able to splice the wires into them to make your own connections and re-use the factory starter cut relay.

I don't know that anyone has gone backwards like that before either, putting the 04-05 engine harness into the 06. Some other things may be coming off the dash harness or the interior fuse box that may cause significant electrical gremlins to chase around to try to get everything together and running correctly.

What I was saying before is if you buy the 06 harness you'll need to either buy the 06 ECM or the 07 ECM and run hondata. You won't be able to run the 06 harness with the 05 ECM that you have, the pin-outs are significantly different.

If you did the 07 AT ECM it can be reflashed to run the MT programming and its cheaper and pins the same as the 06 ECM. Can discuss that with hondata if you go that route.

I'm tracking down some plugs now, so you're recommending 06 Engine harness and 07 AT computer harness (the right side cabin harness?) and then flash the computer programming to MT? Can you send me the part numbers?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm tracking down some plugs now, so you're recommending 06 Engine harness and 07 AT computer harness (the right side cabin harness?) and then flash the computer programming to MT? Can you send me the part numbers?
woah hold on, not the 07 AT computer harness, it would be the 07 AT ECM (the computer itself) and you should really talk to Hondata before making that decision

I remember them coming out with the option to run hondata on the 07 AT ECM in the 04-06 hondata conversions, but you would have to purchase hondata as well in order to do so if I'm not mistaken

I'd at least go with the 06 engine harness and the 06 MT computer to keep everything together in your car for 06 due to the differences between 04-05 and 06. Then I'd sort something out for the starter cut circuit.

I don't think you can replace just one side of the cabin harness, the dash harness is split into left and right branches in the FSM for simplicity but it's all one harness, I'd go without it if you can do the conversion without changing the dash harness.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Advanced

woah hold on, not the 07 AT computer harness, it would be the 07 AT ECM (the computer itself) and you should really talk to Hondata before making that decision

I remember them coming out with the option to run hondata on the 07 AT ECM in the 04-06 hondata conversions, but you would have to purchase hondata as well in order to do so if I'm not mistaken

I'd at least go with the 06 engine harness and the 06 MT computer to keep everything together in your car for 06 due to the differences between 04-05 and 06. Then I'd sort something out for the starter cut circuit.

I don't think you can replace just one side of the cabin harness, the dash harness is split into left and right branches in the FSM for simplicity but it's all one harness, I'd go without it if you can do the conversion without changing the dash harness.
The 05 harness actually fits the 06 dash harness but I believe I tried a 07 harness and it didn't fit the connector leading to the dash left side dash harness was actually smaller then the 06.

From what I understand hondata works with out a adaptor strictly on 07 - 08 models and 04-06 need a adaptor. Acktl05 told me I can get the adaptor eventually and use the hondata on my 06 whether I use the 06 or 05.

So I should just replace the engine harness and keep the in cabin harness? Because that sounds a lot easier and cheaper. If I get the 07 ecm I'll have to get the 07 dash harness for it and I'm not sure if it lines up with the 06 harness. Damn thing is so confusing lol
Old 03-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Burning Brakes

The 05 harness actually fits the 06 dash harness but I believe I tried a 07 harness and it didn't fit the connector leading to the dash left side dash harness was actually smaller then the 06.

From what I understand hondata works with out a adaptor strictly on 07 - 08 models and 04-06 need a adaptor. Acktl05 told me I can get the adaptor eventually and use the hondata on my 06 whether I use the 06 or 05.

So I should just replace the engine harness and keep the in cabin harness? Because that sounds a lot easier and cheaper. If I get the 07 ecm I'll have to get the 07 dash harness for it and I'm not sure if it lines up with the 06 harness. Damn thing is so confusing lol
Depends if you have navi or not lol..

Here...

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/hondata-release-adapter-kit-04-06-tl-03-07-accord-898184/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/ecu-swap-04-06-so-you-can-run-hondata-flash-pro-07-08-a-885236/

http://hondata.com/flashpro_04-06_tl...apter_kit.html

I think that should answer everything in that regard. The only adapter you need if you have a non-nav 06 is the can-bus adapter that is $50. I've got no clue what you'd need if you stick with the 04-05 engine harness.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced

I had to abandon the place that was working on my car because they didn't understand what I needed to have done. I have a colleague who is great with electrical work and I'm trying to make this easy for him since he doesn't normally do this.

I understand that the one switch has to go to the starter cut relay and the other one has to go to the ECM

Which one goes to which because there are two : http://www.dchautomotiveparts.com/au...6-speed-manual

35710-SE3-A01 (inhibitor)
or
36760-SM4-003 (bottom switch)

I couldn't find any plastic connectors to go into the switches so I need to hardwire/make one from scratch. There are two pins inside one switch, do I wire both pin wires to the same wire?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Burning Brakes

I had to abandon the place that was working on my car because they didn't understand what I needed to have done. I have a colleague who is great with electrical work and I'm trying to make this easy for him since he doesn't normally do this.

I understand that the one switch has to go to the starter cut relay and the other one has to go to the ECM

Which one goes to which because there are two : http://www.dchautomotiveparts.com/au...6-speed-manual

35710-SE3-A01 (inhibitor)
or
36760-SM4-003 (bottom switch)

I couldn't find any plastic connectors to go into the switches so I need to hardwire/make one from scratch. There are two pins inside one switch, do I wire both pin wires to the same wire?
Clutch pedal position switch is the one on the bottom (goes to ECM)

Clutch interlock switch (for starter cut) is on the top.

Here's some scans.

The connectors for the harness side are either going to have to be robbed off a TL in a junkyard or you'll have to make your own.
Attached Thumbnails 5AT to 6MT parts list-cilsw.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-cppsw.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-adj1.jpg   5AT to 6MT parts list-adj2.jpg  
Rollen (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Advanced

Clutch pedal position switch is the one on the bottom (goes to ECM)

Clutch interlock switch (for starter cut) is on the top.

Here's some scans.

The connectors for the harness side are either going to have to be robbed off a TL in a junkyard or you'll have to make your own.
Got them wired now had to find a new garage because they couldn't comprehend any of the wiring that I was telling them. For any one who is doing this in the future make sure the shop you take it to knows how to wire these advance cars.

My problem now is that turning the key does nothing. Accessories come on but I get nothing from the starter or the alternator.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

You've got a new ECM in the car correct? You went from 06 AT to 05 MT on the ECM.

Was your immobilizer reprogrammed? I'm pretty sure the ECM is going to need to be reprogrammed to the immobilizer. I'm not that familiar with that process, I think a dealer has to do it.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Advanced

You've got a new ECM in the car correct? You went from 06 AT to 05 MT on the ECM.

Was your immobilizer reprogrammed? I'm pretty sure the ECM is going to need to be reprogrammed to the immobilizer. I'm not that familiar with that process, I think a dealer has to do it.
So even if I have the same ignition and key from the same car the ECM was taken out of I still have to reprogram it to the immobilizer?
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

So even if I have the same ignition and key from the same car the ECM was taken out of I still have to reprogram it to the immobilizer?
Sounds like that should work if you swapped in the immobilizer from the 05 and have the keys that worked with the 05 as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Sounds like that should work if you swapped in the immobilizer from the 05 and have the keys that worked with the 05 as well.
Ugh I don't get it then I don't know why it won't turn on. I'll buy a new battery and see if that does anything.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Ugh I don't get it then I don't know why it won't turn on. I'll buy a new battery and see if that does anything.
Well my initial thought is that maybe the immobilizer on the 05 ECM is on a different pin from the 06 ECM, I can take a look at the pin-outs later when I get home.

If that's the case the immobilizer is most likely going to be on the dash harness as well. Which is one of the possibly many reasons why going with the 06 engine harness would've been a better idea than trying to use the 04-05 harness and 05 ECM on an 06.

Other than that it'd be a good idea to verify that the clutch switches are wired in correctly for both the pedal position switch and the starter cut circuit. If the starter cut relay was wired incorrectly power will never make it to the starter.

Last edited by mzilvar; 04-02-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Advanced

Well my initial thought is that maybe the immobilizer on the 05 ECM is on a different pin from the 06 ECM, I can take a look at the pin-outs later when I get home.

If that's the case the immobilizer is most likely going to be on the dash harness as well. Which is one of the possibly many reasons why going with the 06 engine harness would've been a better idea than trying to use the 04-05 harness and 05 ECM on an 06.

Other than that it'd be a good idea to verify that the clutch switches are wired in correctly for both the pedal position switch and the starter cut circuit. If the starter cut relay was wired incorrectly power will never make it to the starter.
LMK this would be helpful
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

You're definitely going to need the 06 harness and at least an 06 ECM.

The A and E connectors have a lot of things that are not on the engine harness that are swapped.

As an example in the 04-05 on the ECM the brakes are on the A connector, in 06-08 they're on the E connector.

Another one is the fuel tank pressure, in 04-05 it's on A and in 06-08 it's on E.

The immobilizer is why it won't crank. In 04-05 it's on A and again is 06-08 it's on E.

The DLC is on the A connector in 04-05 and in 06-08 it's on E as well.

What you have now is a whole bunch of wires that are landing on the wrong pins of your ECM due to your 06 dash harness. I would not swap the dash harness to an 04-05, the interior fuse box in yours is different from the 04-05 and it's going to lead to a lot more complications if you try that.

I, personally, would swap the engine harness to an 06 MT harness and replace the ECM with one from an 07 AT and purchase hondata to get it all at once.

At a minimum you're going to need the 06 MT engine harness and 06 MT ECM.

You might be able to get away with purchasing the harness adapter from hondata and doing the reverse of what it's supposed to do.

It's designed to adapt the 04-05 harness to the 06-08 ECM, if you used it it should adapt your 05 ECM to your 06 harness by simply plugging it in.

Have to keep in mind too that the clutch switch setup lands on different pins in 06-08 from 04-05 as well, which is the circuit that was added so that'll have to be corrected as well.

How many things in total were changed from the shop with the wiring where they cut and spliced? This could really be a nightmare to sort out depending on whats been done thus far.

Last edited by mzilvar; 04-02-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Advanced

How many things in total were changed from the shop with the wiring where they cut and spliced? This could really be a nightmare to sort out depending on whats been done thus far.
I feel like crying hysterically at this moment lol. The 05 engine harness has been spliced and adapted to fit the 06 engine so that is compromised. The 05 ECM harness was severely damaged on one of the connectors and had to be repaired because of carelessness from the previous shop so that is also compromised and I'm most likely gonna get the 06 MT one.

I had a guy splice the pedal switches to the starter cut relay and the ECM based on the 04-05 schematics you showed me.

So now to sum it all up I have a cluster fuck and from everything you recommended I'll have to replace all the harnesses minus the dash, replace the ignition ( for my AT 06 ignition the previous garage lost the key so I don't have 06 key is there any way to get a new key for it?) back to the 06 ignition, replace the ECM to a 06 MT... and then reprogram it all.

Will I have any trouble fitting the 06 engine harness on the 05 Trans? Also can you provide the part numbers for the two harnesses so I can begin shopping for new ones..

Last edited by Rollen; 04-03-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Also is there any difference between the 37820-RDA-A24 and the 37820-RDA-A23 06 MT ECMs
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Should check acuraoemparts for part numbers.

37820-RDA-A24 looks like the 2006 MT ECM.

32110-RDA-A01 looks like the 2006 MT Engine harness.

The 2006 4dr sport TL is the 6MT.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/catdisplay.jsp

I also already mentioned that the manual trans shares the same part number from 04-06, so the tranny should be good.

I mentioned numerous times that I did not know all of the differences between 04-05, 06 and 07-08 and that I could not verify anything for 06 just compare from 04-05 and 07-08.

I also mentioned several times that it would've been best to go with the 2006 MT engine harness and that the 04-05 harness and 05 ECM may cause a lot of trouble and that I did not know if it would work. From the beginning I said to go with the 2006 harness and ECM.

I'll just re-iterate that what I stated above, that the hondata harness adapter MAY work to adapt your 06 harness to the 05 ECM is a MAYBE and not a definite. I have no clue what the shop has done to your engine harness, what is damaged, what they've spliced, how they setup the circuits, how anything has been installed or the condition of any of the parts in your car or anything of that nature.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Advanced

Should check acuraoemparts for part numbers.

37820-RDA-A24 looks like the 2006 MT ECM.

32110-RDA-A01 looks like the 2006 MT Engine harness.

The 2006 4dr sport TL is the 6MT.

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/catdisplay.jsp

I also already mentioned that the manual trans shares the same part number from 04-06, so the tranny should be good.

I mentioned numerous times that I did not know all of the differences between 04-05, 06 and 07-08 and that I could not verify anything for 06 just compare from 04-05 and 07-08.

I also mentioned several times that it would've been best to go with the 2006 MT engine harness and that the 04-05 harness and 05 ECM may cause a lot of trouble and that I did not know if it would work. From the beginning I said to go with the 2006 harness and ECM.

I'll just re-iterate that what I stated above, that the hondata harness adapter MAY work to adapt your 06 harness to the 05 ECM is a MAYBE and not a definite. I have no clue what the shop has done to your engine harness, what is damaged, what they've spliced, how they setup the circuits, how anything has been installed or the condition of any of the parts in your car or anything of that nature.
Yeah I understand and I knew everything you stated going forward. I had no other option, I can't return the parts even if they weren't used so I tried to have them work out.

I feel like I'll have to start from scratch 06 harness for both and 06 ECM I don't want to turn this into anything more complicated then it already is.

As for the splicing of the pedal I guess i'll pray that the 04-05 was good enough and hopefully get it running some time this year...

32120-SEP-A22 is this the harness that goes to the ECM ?

Last edited by Rollen; 04-03-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah I understand and I knew everything you stated going forward. I had no other option, I can't return the parts even if they weren't used so I tried to have them work out.

I feel like I'll have to start from scratch 06 harness for both and 06 ECM I don't want to turn this into anything more complicated then it already is.

As for the splicing of the pedal I guess i'll pray that the 04-05 was good enough and hopefully get it running some time this year...

32120-SEP-A22 is this the harness that goes to the ECM ?
The right one is:

32112-RDA-A01 --> that's the 06 MT ECM sub-harness

The one you posted is the cabin harness.

You can probably find discounted parts on ebay or elsewhere instead of buying new as long as they're in good shape and are the right ones.

Last edited by mzilvar; 04-03-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Burning Brakes

don't need the ignition, it's the same for 05 and 06 regardless of AT or MT stick with the keys and immobilizer that you have in it will just have to have it re-programmed to the new ECM once everything is done

I think dealer can make you a new key for your 06 but its expensive normally like $100 I think, the shop that lost them should have to pay for that

Last edited by mzilvar; 04-03-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Advanced

The right one is:

32112-RDA-A01 --> that's the 06 MT ECM sub-harness

The one you posted is the cabin harness.

You can probably find discounted parts on ebay or elsewhere instead of buying new as long as they're in good shape and are the right ones.
Yeah but I want both engine harness that wraps around the trans and engine and the one that connects that harness to the inside of the car and straight to the computer. Will that bring both of them?

Quick Reply: 5AT to 6MT parts list