Aftermarket or Original Floor Mats for RDX 2015 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket or Original Floor Mats for RDX 2015 ?

Hi,
How good are original floor mats ( 2015 Acura RDX | Accessories | Acura.com ) in comparison to others which we see at WalMart and online stores ?
Do you place these mats over carpet mats which comes with vehicle or just those rubber floor mats ?
Any opinion ?
Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 304 Likes on 212 Posts
These all-weather floor mats are intended to replace the carpeted ones that are OEM when you get your RDX. You won't find any similar ones at WalMart, etc, since these are custom-fit for the wheel wells of the RDX. You can buy aftermarket online from vendors like WeatherTech for a few less dollars, but a good online Acura OEM parts supplier (like oemacuraparts.com) can give you a similar price to aftermarket.

Personally, I don't like the rubber mats, even in the winter, since they can be slippery when they get wet. My preference is to get a set of Lloyd Ultramats for the front seats - they're an upgraded carpeted set that replace the OEM stuff that wears out quickly. They clean up easily and I use them year-round, even here in NH....

andy
Old 05-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by andysinnh
My preference is to get a set of Lloyd Ultramats for the front seats - they're an upgraded carpeted set that replace the OEM stuff that wears out quickly. They clean up easily and I use them year-round, even here in NH....

andy
I couldn't find mats on lloydmats.com for RDX specifically. Would you like to give me URL, which can show me, which is the exactly ?
Old 05-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 304 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by abhisheks77
I couldn't find mats on lloydmats.com for RDX specifically. Would you like to give me URL, which can show me, which is the exactly ?
I usually go to AutoAnything | Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories - Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers and put in the vehicle type I have, and then under the floor mats section you can pick the type of lloyds mats you're interested in. They're custom-fit for every vehicle. Just ordered a set a few weeks ago for my son's '14 Accord and they fit better than factory and much better quality.

andy
Old 05-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
our '15 came with the OEM trunk tray mat and we matched that with the weathertechs floor liners.

for the past few months, so far the weathertechs were worth every penny. its so easy to remove and clean, as it holds its form like a tray, so nothing spills inside your car
Old 05-21-2015, 02:01 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
our '15 came with the OEM trunk tray mat and we matched that with the weathertechs floor liners.

for the past few months, so far the weathertechs were worth every penny. its so easy to remove and clean, as it holds its form like a tray, so nothing spills inside your car
Do you use WeatherTech along with your OEM mats, i.e. one over other ? I hope I am looking at right piece - WeatherTech Extreme-Duty DigitalFit Floor Mats & Liners for Cars, Trucks & SUVS - Front & Rear - Best Reviews

Originally Posted by andysinnh
I usually go to AutoAnything | Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories - Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers and put in the vehicle type I have, and then under the floor mats section you can pick the type of lloyds mats you're interested in. They're custom-fit for every vehicle. Just ordered a set a few weeks ago for my son's '14 Accord and they fit better than factory and much better quality.

andy
Andy, I am looking at this one - Lloyd Ultimat Floor Mats - Ultimat Custom Car Mats
Do you use them along with OEM mats, which comes with RDX ?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Most if not all aftermarket or all-weather mats are meant to replace what is already in the car and not suppliment it. I think the reasoning behind that is the double layer of mats would be too thick and might impede pedal travel and the second mat would not be able to attach to the restraints on the floor to keep the mat from moving.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
We have WeatherTech. I stashed the stock mats in the WeatherTech box and put the box in the basement. You're not supposed to double layer the mats.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
I have OEM RDX all weather mats and they work very well for me. The fit is perfect with the raised edges and it looks good. The mats are easy to clean, vacuum, and wash. You can imagine how quickly cars become dirty if you have kids traveling with you. I believe that the Weathertec mats are good quality as well and some manufacturers use them as OEMs. I have kept my original carpet mats in storage since I got these and those carpet mats will see action only when I am selling this car.
@ OP, I would not buy those ultra cheap rubber mats which you can buy at Walmart and other superstores since they offer poor fit and finish, less safety (can slip especially when wet) and may not have raised sidewalls to contain dirt / snow / water/ fluids. The OEM mats have at least 2" raised sidewalls. The supermarket mats would be an option only if you are really pinched for money and cannot afford anything else (in that case you need to reconsider if you bought the right car......RDX??? )

Last edited by Comfy; 05-22-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Are these same with different prices ? One on Acura's site and another one seems third party -
Floor Mats All-Season 2013 - 2015 Acura RDX, Acura Parts Super Store- Acura Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount.
2016 Acura RDX | Accessories | Acura.com
Old 05-23-2015, 03:47 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Both sites listed appear to show the same parts. If you want to be sure you can buy from Bernardi Acura. They are a genuine Acura dealership but also sell parts online (I've bought some parts from them as well).

http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Acura...3-TX4-210.aspx

Last edited by Comfy; 05-23-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Bernardi has good prices but will kill you on shipping cost.
Try E bay motors. Some Acura dealers are selling OEM overstocks at good prices.

Last edited by NLRL; 05-23-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by abhisheks77
Do you use WeatherTech along with your OEM mats, i.e. one over other ?
nope. even if you wanted to you cant. the weathertech uses the stock retainer clips, so you cant have one over the other.

Originally Posted by Murrow
We have WeatherTech. I stashed the stock mats in the WeatherTech box and put the box in the basement. You're not supposed to double layer the mats.
+1