AC/Heat Not Working Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC/Heat Not Working Please Help

I was driving fine for 5 minutes and I noticed the A/C was not blowing out any air. I shut it off and it worked for a minute and went back to no air coming out of the vents. The A/C and Heat does not work and nothiing is coming out of the vents. I tried the window defroster and nothing. The climate control saids the temperture and all but nothing. It's not the condenser because it problems is affecting the heat. I check the fuse by the driver side and under the hood, nothing appears wrong. I am assuming it might be the blower. Can it be a loose wire, something stuck somewhere or is it requiring bringing it to a mechanic and get ripped off. 1999 Tl 78,880 miles. Please help, only you guys on this forum are making me to keep this ride.

Thanks,
Joey
Old 07-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Cruisin'

Ok, can someone please put a picture where the blower might be located at?
Thanks,
Joseph
Old 07-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

Fixed it

I finally found the blower underneath the passenger dash right above where your feet would rest I moved the wires around hoping it might be a loose wire and wallah, there she blows. Try doing this if you ever have the problem of the blower not working. (I assuming mechanics would change the part regardless if it was a simple fix)

Joey
Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
10th Gear

I've got the same symptoms, but my problem is different. I've had the heater motor out and it is OK. My problem is the motor speed control on the dash is not supplying current to the motor. Evidently there must be an electronic speed control which has crapped out. Anyone have an electrical diagram and/or know where this thing is and how to get to it??? HELP!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Cruisin'

My 2003 acura TL did the same thing Joey. I jiggled the wire and the ac cam back on instantly. Thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM
10th Gear

Same problem here, no blower on 99 tl. We had to giggle the wires and it would work for a week may even a month.
Problem kept getting worse to the poit the blower never worked until the wires were pulled or pushed.
After unplugging the connector, we found that the connectors were cooked. All the plastic is melted around one wire connection and the other is staring to melt.
I am looking for the harness or connector. Any ideas?

For now I have removed the metal connectors from the burnt plactic, cleaned the metal connectors and heat shrinked each connector. I also tried to adjust the connector so they make better contact and it is working for now. Just want to get it back together the correct way.

Do I have to buy the complete wire harness? Looks like this is a sub harness but I can not find it on the Carland parts break down.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Advanced

Ive done some research and it appears that the transistor goes bad. As preventative maintenance, I have also ordered the blower motor.

I hope I didnt invest in something that I didnt need. My TL is the pits when the AC does not work.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
10th Gear

Well, if you find the same problem in your TL I have found the answer to my questions.
You can buy just the pigtail with connector. Honda Part number 04321-SOK-A00.
All you have to do is cut old connector off then splice this new one on and AC blows COLD again. $10.00 and 5 mins of work.

TL has over 200K on it now so I am sure we will be replacing the blower motor sooner or later.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
10th Gear

Acura blower motor not working

Happy to hear that a pigtail is available to replace the connector to the blower motor. When I had the problem about 2 years ago, that was not an option - you had to buy the whole harness at about $100+. If anyone needs a used blower motor, I have one that I bought in order to get them to give me a "pigtail" with the connector on it. I didn't need the motor, but that was the only way I could get the pigtail.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RCDUG
Well, if you find the same problem in your TL I have found the answer to my questions.
You can buy just the pigtail with connector. Honda Part number 04321-SOK-A00.
All you have to do is cut old connector off then splice this new one on and AC blows COLD again. $10.00 and 5 mins of work.

TL has over 200K on it now so I am sure we will be replacing the blower motor sooner or later.
What website did you order your connection/pigtail from? I just replaced the motor b/c the whole connection was melted together and my new motor didn't come with the vehicle side of it. Does anyone know why this happens in the first place? any way to prevent it?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the info guys. Just had the wifes '02 TL do the same thing today. Took the blower off and sure enough, the harness was literally melted to the blower motor plug. The wires showed major signs of overheating. This should really be a recall for Honda/Acura. Very easy way to start a fire inside the cabin.

I'm going to go to the dealer tomorrow to see if I can purchase the blower motor subwire harness.

Anthony
Old 11-22-2014, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

no heat

My heat isn't working. Had it looked at by an mechanic and thought it was the blower moter but he tested it and it work fine no fuse was blown. So we guess it's in the wires or senors how do I find a book about the wiring. Please help Im a single mother and need heat for me and my baby.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
welcome jazzie, we can help you!
this thread was last used 6 years ago- there are current ones with lots of details if you scroll down the main list, or this- the problems and fixes area

there is a known problem with the power connector for the blower motor- as noted in the post above yours. For a few reasons its wires get loose and corrode- melt the plastic holding them and cause loss of power to the blower motor
Sometime it damages the resistor for the blower- that device reduces the fan speed

So common there is now a TSB- technical Service Bulletin that acura techs have access to to help diagnose weird problems
Dealer may have a replacement connector for $15 in stock! (reported here last week)

To inspect- look under front edge of glovebox for plastic connector- ck back side for signs of heat/melting, loose wires etc
Pretty good odds that's the problem,, if not a cooling system issue
You can bypass the connector with a few inline quick connectors - any tech can do - or you probably have the tools and needed skills

How was your blower tested? just operation with power jumped to it?
and its relay?

Do you get blower but not heat? in that case ck the coolant level in radiator and make sure its correct level in the reservoir bottle- a hose inside res bottle cap likes to slip off and negate the systems operation- a plastic wire tie aka ziptie holds it on tight if needed
If its slipped off the cap- the radiator will be low on fluid- causing no heat situation

Next part is the heater control valve- wd40 helps it if getting stuck - located in engine bay at the firewall - passenger side- look for hoses going thru firewall

Is the engine temp at its normal 1 or 2 lines below half on the gauge? no changes in its operation recently?

ck those things and get back to us! The Calvary has been found!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Welcome Jazzie09 !!!
If the blower fan is functional, check the heater's control valve as 01tl4tl previously suggested.
Also make sure that the coolant level is up as mentioned. Could be a faulty T-stat ???
Old 11-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
we need a few more hints- as requested
Or someone already fixed it for her!

thermostat operation at our cars age is always suspect