I'm SOO Excited!!! Just completed my Non-Navi -> Navi Conversion!!! DIY Included!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is awesome, how.much did all the parts costed u gettin it all from craigslist?
Old 02-22-2011, 12:41 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bud:
Got a question regarding your navi conversion (btw, great info and article). I can't find that guy you mentioned, "Acurahondatech." Do you have a link or an info I can get to contact him?
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Advanced

OP ... I'm having a hard time finding an 05-06 TL in Grey without high mileage and Navi in my area. I found a 06 Grey TL with 60k miles for $16.4k but no Navi. It's in pristine condition. In fact, it still looks pretty much brand new.

I'm wondering if it would be worth buying this nice car and spending the time and money to upgrade it to Navi or just waiting it out for one with Navi that's in decent shape even if it's not in pristine shape like this one? BTW, how much would it cost to upgrade to Navi? Did you drill the hole for the XM antenna? I'd be nervous doing that.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ellyellyelly
This is awesome, how.much did all the parts costed u gettin it all from craigslist?
Please read my first thread.. I feel like I answered that question in the first thread..

Originally Posted by veester321
hey bud:
Got a question regarding your navi conversion (btw, great info and article). I can't find that guy you mentioned, "Acurahondatech." Do you have a link or an info I can get to contact him?
Thanks!
Pm me and Ill give you his number..

Originally Posted by bugsysiegals
OP ... I'm having a hard time finding an 05-06 TL in Grey without high mileage and Navi in my area. I found a 06 Grey TL with 60k miles for $16.4k but no Navi. It's in pristine condition. In fact, it still looks pretty much brand new.

I'm wondering if it would be worth buying this nice car and spending the time and money to upgrade it to Navi or just waiting it out for one with Navi that's in decent shape even if it's not in pristine shape like this one? BTW, how much would it cost to upgrade to Navi? Did you drill the hole for the XM antenna? I'd be nervous doing that.
This is up to you.. if you are confident in your skills.. then go for it.. for me it was worth it.. I had already purchased the car THEN decided I wanted Navi ..
Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bzyrice
Please read my first thread.. I feel like I answered that question in the first thread..

Pm me and Ill give you his number..

This is up to you.. if you are confident in your skills.. then go for it.. for me it was worth it.. I had already purchased the car THEN decided I wanted Navi ..
bzyrice

How r u? not see you for long time?
just drop by say hello to you
Kenny
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
With the age of our cars now i cant imagine spending more the 1200-1500 on parts for this conversion. I paid 1200 and that included the trunk trim for around the navi unit (didnt want to pay all this money and have it look ghetto). I just sourced the parts i needed on ebay or local salvage yards. dont be scared to use Car-Part.com ether!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kenny416
bzyrice

How r u? not see you for long time?
just drop by say hello to you
Kenny
Hey Kenny!
Yah been busy with life.. getting married..moving to a new city.. buying a house.. new job.. all within the past few months.. that is why I havent been on in awhile.. glad some people noticed!!

Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
With the age of our cars now i cant imagine spending more the 1200-1500 on parts for this conversion. I paid 1200 and that included the trunk trim for around the navi unit (didnt want to pay all this money and have it look ghetto). I just sourced the parts i needed on ebay or local salvage yards. dont be scared to use Car-Part.com ether!
I agree
Old 05-22-2011, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

06 Navi wire diagram

I also purchased a navigation system from Martin and I am have problems. Martin is a great guy and very helpful with the troubleshooting. After doing the conversion I could not get the navi system to work. Come to find out I had a faulty navi drive (in the trunk). Martin has another drive on the way but I need a wire diagram so I can double check all my wire routing, wire harness and connections. Does anyone have the wire diagram or can someone tell me where to download them at. I tried getting the pics off this thread but when I print them out I cant see them very well.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bzyrice
Yah I know!! Since I have the 05 DVD rom (I couldnt find the newer DVD romsused) I need to purchase a DOM's unit to add the rear view camera. DOGH.. But I wanted to get that later anyways. lol

You can add the rear view camera, just need the DOMs unit. I already have an OEM camera. Waiting for Kenny416 to install his oem camera so I can copy him lol.. and still need to get the DOMs lol

But, I have to say this is MY FAVORITE MOD SO FAR!!

Thanks! Yes it is correct. 2 shows removing the seats and 3 shows removing the c pillars and rear shelf.. I dont know why I made 2 separate instructions even though they are on the same scan lol . SORRY!

Haha.. It isn't hard at all! Just really really time consuming! Next, wil befull integration of an iPhone. But that will have to wait for awhile..

For me, since I used the custom harness it is from the harness which attaches to the Navi screen. The old harness that was there is no longer used. The old harness can probbaly tapped as a AUX power source now.

Thanks!! I know, I have been busy... but now its time to stop since I have to save up for my wedding.. dogh..

WIth alot of work and money I bet it will fit.. lol

Thanks!

No problem man.. I purchased a custom harness from a guy on ebay. It came with all the harnesses. I also have a few harnesses that came with the used navi screen and dvd rom I got from a junkyard. They will be up for sale shortly.
What exactly is a DOM's unit? What does it do and where can you find one?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:17 AM
6th Gear

Very Impressive
Old 04-25-2016, 12:54 PM
2nd Gear

Looks awesome. i see you tried to respond to my question to you about my on screen ac controls not there anymore. i have cleared my inbox if you can repsond with any help possible.

thanks,.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear

Anyone know how to make the custom harness?
Old 10-16-2019, 12:00 AM
Drifting

Haven't been on this site in forever! Just been getting a few questions about some of my DIYs. I went ahead and created a playlist on youtube for my DIY videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3Ewqzp7xjVIzzS

Check out my other DIY:
Hack Your Navi: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...-video-757108/

HID Reverse Lights: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...lights-766410/

Tailgator Switch: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...switch-757118/

OEM Navi Install: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...cluded-747456/

Now I own a Spoon inspired NSX! Follow me on IG @bzyrice

Old 06-14-2022, 01:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Hey guys,

I know this is an old post, but I'm in the middle of a Nexus 7 retrofit and made the decision that I want to use the navigation sub-display. As such, I'm developing a plan for completing a navigation conversion to make sure everything is functional first. Does anyone know if Martin is still in the business of making the custom navigation wiring harnesses? I just tried emailing him and received a kickback that his email account is no longer active.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Hey bro

so I connected everything as you said for the sun display but my passenger vent location is wrong and my temp display on the sun display is 29 when it’s on 83 got any ideas?

Originally Posted by VmtSquad
All SubDisplay Wire connects to the Connector E from the display Panel.

Here are all the wire link

SubDisplay -> Connector E
#1 -> Ground
#2 -> #20 Power
#4 -> #22 DATA
#5 -> #21 CLOCK
#6 -> #10 DATA
#7 -> #9 CE Communication signal
#8 -> #8 Shielded Ground for no9,10,21,22
#9 -> #19 LCD BackLight -
#10 -> #18 LCD BackLight +

I see that there's 2 DATA wire, maybe I'll have to try disconnecting one of does and see which data both wire carry.

I got 9 connectors left on the Connector E, looks like they will connect to the Navigation Unit (DVD player), I'll simply wait for my stuff to come and I'll give it a try.