Are ZDX's selling?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Are ZDX's selling?

So far I've seen only one on the road that is not mine, in north Austin. Dealer seems to have plenty in stock. I hear stories of the car not moving here on this forum but how widespread is this? I mean, is Acura and Honda really having a hard time moving these cars? What about the Lyric?
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 544 Likes on 352 Posts
Yes. I am seeing the Lyriq in my area but zero ZDX so far. There's a fire sale on the ZDX right now and I expect prices to go even lower. EVs are taking a major hit and Ford has announced that they are going to stop production for now and focus on hybrids: https://www.thecooldown.com/green-bu...factory-shift/

I have also read that EV insurance rates are spiking (they were already more expensive to begin with) so that is not going to help the situation either.
The following users liked this post:
billjay (Today)
Old Today, 04:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Yes. I am seeing the Lyriq in my area but zero ZDX so far. There's a fire sale on the ZDX right now and I expect prices to go even lower. EVs are taking a major hit and Ford has announced that they are going to stop production for now and focus on hybrids: https://www.thecooldown.com/green-bu...factory-shift/

I have also read that EV insurance rates are spiking (they were already more expensive to begin with) so that is not going to help the situation either.
Same; I see a lot of Lyrics, some Blazers, and some Equinoxes, but only one Prologue and no ZDX. This is in California, so we don’t see many GM products to begin with. I’ve seen more Solterra and BZ4X lately, so perhaps with the steep steep price cuts folks looking for a deal will start getting into the Prologue and ZDX too. God knows for all their deficiencies, these cars are still better than the Toyota/Subaru twins.
Old Today, 04:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by billjay
So far I've seen only one on the road that is not mine, in north Austin. Dealer seems to have plenty in stock. I hear stories of the car not moving here on this forum but how widespread is this? I mean, is Acura and Honda really having a hard time moving these cars? What about the Lyric?

The Lyriq is always going to sell better seeing as how being a GM product isn’t a liability for those who are already shopping for a GM car. Plus, it’s cheaper, looks less polarizing, and has a more luxurious interior. The Cadillac dealership experience is also superior, at least around here where the Acura experience is almost the same as Honda.

Acura sold almost 700 ZDX in July, which is honestly more than I expected, but I have no idea where those sales are coming from. I have yet to see one in California, and dealerships are bursting at the seams with them. Sherman Oaks Acura had 118 ZDXs earlier this month, and they’re now up to 122. That is not a typo; they have over 100 of them in inventory. Can’t helps but wonder if most of those sales so far are fleet cars for their execs or something

Last edited by fiatlux; Today at 04:58 PM.