ZDX Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
ZDX Roof Rack

I was wondering if anyone has or has seen a roof rack for the ZDX. I have someone that wants one but I cannot seem to find any available.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
I have yet to see any of these on the market. Let us know if you find anything!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking for one for a while, but haven't had time to dedicate to it. I do know that the mounting towers will have to be on the tall side (in order to accommodate the unique sunroof shape), and the placement of the mounts will have to be strategically placed. Yakima or Thule may have a universal mount that could work.
To mugen_kid's point, let us know if you find something that works! I have a kayak I want to carry!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have been searching high and low for this but it seems like there is none.
I guess the sales figure for ZDX does not motivate anyone to make one.

If Acura does not make one, looks like somebody who LOVES ZDX enough will have to custom build one... Maybe RonJon...?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

Roof rack

The only option I have seen is the seasucker , industrial suction cup rack.
They have them for.boards kayaks and bikes
http://www.seasucker.com/node/101

My concern is the weight and pull on the sunroof/roof of the zdx
Thoughts?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Intermediate

Question anything new?

I'm just checking in to see if anyone has seen anything for the ZDX in the roof rack department. Has anyone attempted any of the "universal" mounts (i.e. gutter mounts, etc.) from Rhino, Thule, Yakima?
My ZDX still hasn't accompanied me to any of my outdoor/kayaking trips, due to lack of carrier mounts for the ZDX. .......Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to test universal mounts yet....
Old 09-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by trail runner
I'm just checking in to see if anyone has seen anything for the ZDX in the roof rack department. Has anyone attempted any of the "universal" mounts (i.e. gutter mounts, etc.) from Rhino, Thule, Yakima?
My ZDX still hasn't accompanied me to any of my outdoor/kayaking trips, due to lack of carrier mounts for the ZDX. .......Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to test universal mounts yet....
Glad you refreshed this thread! I've been looking off and on for a while now for my 2010 ZDX. I think my main concern with the gutter mounts is that the roof is glass. Glass is less flexible than metal so I fear that any good jolt from a bump in the road (especially if taking off-road) would crack the roof. A metal roof may dent a bit, but unlikey to crack. I may be wrong, but I'm not willing to chance it.

That said, I did come across these the other day:
http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo...tnum=INACZDX10

I haven't tried them yet, however they do suggest they fit the ZDX and the feet do not look like they would extend over the glass portion of the roof. I'm trying to see if I can source it locally so I might be able to actually *see* what it looks like and how stable it would be before I purchase. I'm also trying to see if any other companies are coming up with similar models that do not extend onto the glass portion.

Cheers
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TitusR
Glad you refreshed this thread! I've been looking off and on for a while now for my 2010 ZDX. I think my main concern with the gutter mounts is that the roof is glass. Glass is less flexible than metal so I fear that any good jolt from a bump in the road (especially if taking off-road) would crack the roof. A metal roof may dent a bit, but unlikey to crack. I may be wrong, but I'm not willing to chance it.

That said, I did come across these the other day:
http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo...tnum=INACZDX10

I haven't tried them yet, however they do suggest they fit the ZDX and the feet do not look like they would extend over the glass portion of the roof. I'm trying to see if I can source it locally so I might be able to actually *see* what it looks like and how stable it would be before I purchase. I'm also trying to see if any other companies are coming up with similar models that do not extend onto the glass portion.

Cheers
Wow - thanks TitusR!! I'll be sure to give this one a look see The design looks like it might work, as the feet basically rest on the metal portion of our roofs above the sills, stabilized by the fit hooks. If you are able to source it locally in your area, let me know your impressions. However, if the fit is NOT good, we should be able to return it for refund, yes? Good luck!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:00 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Has anyone tried any of the universal mounts previously listed? I'd love to be able to find something that works on our rig, preferably with minimal testing.