Sunroof One Touch Open/Close

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013 | 10:09 AM
Instructor

Sunroof One Touch Open/Close

Hi everyone

I noticed that the sunroof on my ZDX is one touch open but is NOT one touch close. You have to hold the button to close it.

Am I the only one or is it by design?
Old 09-18-2013 | 12:48 PM
Pro

no you are not the only one
Old 09-18-2013 | 06:59 PM
Racer

Nope. Not the only one.
Old 09-18-2013 | 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MyBlackBeauty
Hi everyone

I noticed that the sunroof on my ZDX is one touch open but is NOT one touch close. You have to hold the button to close it.

Am I the only one or is it by design?
Got my 2013 1 month ago and it's same as yours. I called dealer and they had to look up the "diagram" (whatever that is) and he said it's not part of the design. interestingly the loaner RDX they gave me had the one button push close!

Also while on the topic, I have another question. (didn't want to post separately and give you a headache with my constant complaining: )

I notice a rattling noise that sounds like it's coming from the shades (above my head) because I only hear it when they are closed. I don't hear it when they are open. They took it in for a whole week and said they fixed it. WELL, I drove it for 2 seconds out of the dealership and the noise is unchanged. Went back and they said there was a loose screw in the tail fixture they replaced but it's NORMAL to have a bit of noise due to the large surface of panoramic glass!!! Manager is out for a week. Will go back and have him drive test it. I'm soo frustrated with this BS. (I was the one whose ZDX had non functioning dashboard lighting OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP..lol...they had to rip the whole inside to finally locate a screw that went throw a bundle of wires)
The following users liked this post:
PRAETEJ (02-16-2014)
Old 09-18-2013 | 10:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kidsdoc
Got my 2013 1 month ago and it's same as yours. I called dealer and they had to look up the "diagram" (whatever that is) and he said it's not part of the design. interestingly the loaner RDX they gave me had the one button push close!

Also while on the topic, I have another question. (didn't want to post separately and give you a headache with my constant complaining: )

I notice a rattling noise that sounds like it's coming from the shades (above my head) because I only hear it when they are closed. I don't hear it when they are open. They took it in for a whole week and said they fixed it. WELL, I drove it for 2 seconds out of the dealership and the noise is unchanged. Went back and they said there was a loose screw in the tail fixture they replaced but it's NORMAL to have a bit of noise due to the large surface of panoramic glass!!! Manager is out for a week. Will go back and have him drive test it. I'm soo frustrated with this BS. (I was the one whose ZDX had non functioning dashboard lighting OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP..lol...they had to rip the whole inside to finally locate a screw that went throw a bundle of wires)
Congrats on your purchase. Guess what? I picked up my 2013 ZDX a month ago as well

Now to answer your question. Other than the sunroof, I have absolutely NO issues with the car. It is extremely quiet. I had a 2011 TL before which was super quiet as well but the ZDX is a little bit more quiet. Even in my TL the sunroof was one touch close. I called the dealership to ask and they said they have a 2011 and even that isn't a one touch close.
Old 09-21-2013 | 06:44 AM
Advanced

I have the same.
Opens with a single press,
and hold the button to close
Old 09-21-2013 | 07:04 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

I don't own a ZDX but have owned a few Acuras and all have had one touch close. Seems like a step backwards if in a new 2013 doesn't have this.
Old 09-21-2013 | 08:08 AM
Intermediate

Wonder if reason is having the cloth blinds that also require the same button to close them. And only way to close them is the same button that closes the moonroof. Meaning, if you keep pushing the button forward to close the moonroof the cloth shades start to close as well.
Old 09-21-2013 | 06:59 PM
Instructor

Wonder if reason is having the cloth blinds that also require the same button to close them. And only way to close them is the same button that closes the moonroof. Meaning, if you keep pushing the button forward to close the moonroof the cloth shades start to close as well.
Considering how advanced the car is otherwise, they could have designed the one touch to close the sunroof first and then the cloth, all with one touch in a sequence.
Old 09-25-2013 | 09:47 AM
Advanced

I think this was done in order to improve safety. Just like you cannot close the windows and glass roof with the remote transmitter. But you can open.
Old 09-25-2013 | 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Martein
I think this was done in order to improve safety. Just like you cannot close the windows and glass roof with the remote transmitter. But you can open.
If so why risk the safety of other model users? It's a feature in all of their 2014!!
Old 09-25-2013 | 05:17 PM
Advanced

If so why risk the safety of other model users? It's a feature in all of their 2014!!
I think this is so because of the savings in production of car.
Required a sensor which will stop closing when meeting obstacles.
For example, if a child put his hand in sunroof during closing.
IMHO
Old 09-25-2013 | 05:51 PM

Any further update from your dealer?
Old 09-25-2013 | 07:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Any further update from your dealer?
NB, if you mean in regards to the sunroof one click close then yes. After looking up the design, he said this feature is NOT available on the ZDX. If you meant the other several issues I'm having then please let me know which one.
Old 09-25-2013 | 07:48 PM

Kidsdoc -

I meant the one touch sunroof. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2013 | 01:57 PM
Off roading in his

Any car with a sunroof that goes outside of the car is not one touch
Old 09-29-2013 | 01:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
Any car with a sunroof that goes outside of the car is not one touch
You've got an excellent point. My TL's sunroof went inside the roof, not over it.
Old 09-29-2013 | 07:15 AM

Just trying to understand why/where a sunroof goes when open would determine the method for closure. Does the ZDX have one touch open?
As I mentioned above I don't own a ZDX, but owned many Honda / Acura products.
Old 09-29-2013 | 02:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Just trying to understand why/where a sunroof goes when open would determine the method for closure. Does the ZDX have one touch open?
As I mentioned above I don't own a ZDX, but owned many Honda / Acura products.
Yes, NB. ZDX has one touch open but no one touch close. Just an FYI, the "close" has 2 functions. Closing the moonroof and closing the 2 shades. If you start from all open and keep the button on, it will close the moonroof then start to close the shades. There's a tiny lag in time but not sufficient to know if moonroof is fully closed before the shades start to close. For safety to make sure the moonroof has fully closed I keep it on to make sure the shades starts to close then open the shade with the one push. sorry if sounds complicated but you have Acura to thank for that ..lol...