Al Can-Potential Pinging Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011 | 01:42 PM
No more Acura

Thumbs down Al Can-Potential Pinging Issue

Hi all, just want to let you know that I have a 2010 ZDX with the new 6 speed transmission and I have an audible ringing (pinging) noise during moderate and heavy acceleration, especially going up the hill.

Passengers in the rear can also hear this noise so I assure you I am not making this up. The Acura service reps might look at you as if you have 2 heads if you bring up this issue with them, but hey, I did not pay $50K on a luxury car to have this ringing (pinging) noise.

Acura does not have a fix at this moment. This affects some owners of 2010 ZDX, 2010 MDX and 2011 MDX. I suspect this will also affect 2012 TL with the new 6 speed transmission too.

Please test drive the exact car you will be driving home. Otherwise you would have to live with the same problem I'm having right now. These are nice looking cars... however this noise will make cause driver fatigue over the long haul when you turn off your stereo system.

I really like the looks of the ZDX but this issue has really turned me off Acura.

Buyer beware!!!
Old 02-07-2011 | 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

How do you know it's the 6 speed auto transmission?

Where do you buy your gasoline? What octane?
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:00 PM
No more Acura

I also have an 09 MDX with the 5 speed transmission and it does not have this ringing (pinging) issue.

I used Chevron 94 for the first 3 tanks, but Acura HQ asked me to use Chevron 91 for the diagnostics they ran last week. They even put octane booster but it made no difference.

I just got a call from Acura HQ and they say right now they are collecting info from owners. However at the moment, they have NO fix.
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:04 PM
No more Acura

I'm not saying it's the 6 speed transmission that is causing the problem for sure. Actually if Acura does not even know what's causing the problem... I shouldn't comment on why the ringing noise is happening either.

But this is sure affecting 2010 and 2011 MDX and ZDX owners. Maybe I should have kept my non-pinging 09 TL.
Old 02-07-2011 | 04:31 PM
Cruisin'

Is this a ringing/pinging noise that you are hearing or a ticking noise? I have a loud audible ticking noise coming out of the front right passenger wheel well that drives me absolutely insane. This noise only exists once the engine is fully warmed up and is there while the car is at idle, this noise can also be heard inside the car's cabin. The ticking noise is not related to the typical honda/acura pinging noise that comes out of the engine, I bought the car into the dealership and they were not able to pinpoint the issue. Car has only 2,300 miles on it.
Old 02-07-2011 | 04:41 PM
No more Acura

Hi pdpboy, mine is not a ticking noise. The noise I hear is a ringing or pinging noise under load only. In park, when I rev the engine, I do hear the noise at all.

The noise is most evident going from 3rd to 4th gear, 4th to 5th, etc., right before shifting up. Also it's more noisy when I'm climbing a hill.

This noise seems to be emanating from the engine or below the car... I cannot pinpoint exactly. Mine right now as 2000 km (1200 miles) on it.
Old 02-07-2011 | 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Not sure how you can take the elap from your ZDX that pings to a 2012 TL not yet released, just beacuse they have a 6 spd auto? I woudl guess the engine programming will be very different in the ZDX vs. TL. The ZDX ia bout 500 lbs heavier putting more strain on the engine. I had a 93 MAzda that pinged and it turned out to be a design flaw in the heads that casued depostis and combustion issues, Mazda swapped out the heads and problem solved. Pinging could be numerous different things.
Old 02-07-2011 | 06:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hondas new transmissions are always problematic for the first few years.
Old 02-07-2011 | 06:39 PM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by KeithL
Not sure how you can take the elap from your ZDX that pings to a 2012 TL not yet released, just beacuse they have a 6 spd auto? I woudl guess the engine programming will be very different in the ZDX vs. TL. The ZDX ia bout 500 lbs heavier putting more strain on the engine. I had a 93 MAzda that pinged and it turned out to be a design flaw in the heads that casued depostis and combustion issues, Mazda swapped out the heads and problem solved. Pinging could be numerous different things.
I have 2009 MDX and 2010 ZDX. Both are about the same weight, however the ZDX has 6 speed while my 09 MDX has 5 speed.

From what I've seen, there are quite a few 2010 MDX owners (also 6 speed) having this pinging issue.

Now, like I already said in my other posts, I'm not saying this new transmission is for sure the problem. It should be on Acura's list to investigate. That's why I brought this up as a potential problem for the 2010 TL.
Old 02-07-2011 | 08:35 PM
Advanced

Alcan,

I've read some of your other posts regarding this issue in the MDX/ZDX forums. I'm leaning towards buying a 2012 TL cause of the new 6 speed transmission. My question to you is if this pinging noise was audible during your test drive? I would hate to spend 40k+ on a car and have an annoying problem like this right off the bat.
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:23 PM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by deeblew
Alcan,

I've read some of your other posts regarding this issue in the MDX/ZDX forums. I'm leaning towards buying a 2012 TL cause of the new 6 speed transmission. My question to you is if this pinging noise was audible during your test drive? I would hate to spend 40k+ on a car and have an annoying problem like this right off the bat.

Hey deeblew, I road tested 2 other ZDX before deciding to buy this car. I drove them for about 20 min each, on city roads and highways and I did not hear the ringing (pinging) noise at all. I am the type who is sensitive to these noises, so I would pick up any rattles or pinging quickly, especially with the stereo off.

If the demo cars I drove had this ringing noise, there's no way I would spend $50K on a car like this. This is an Acura so I expect it to be reliable. If not, I could easily have gone to Lexus or maybe BMW if I were a bit adventurous.

My advice is to test drive the actual car that you are going to buy. Do this without the stereo on and drive on highways and hills. A problem like this is really hard to dianose and fix as it only happens while you are driving, and it's the engine and/or that we are talking about.

Buyers of Acura beware: Acura has NO fix for this ringing/pinging problem on the 2010/2011 ZDX and MDX. Don't throw the dice and get stuck with a car with this issue.
Old 02-08-2011 | 09:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Pinging While Accelerating?
Could Be Low Octane or Low
Quality Fuel
Got a vehicle in your shop with an engine that pings
while accelerating? Low octane or low quality fuel
could be the reason why. If the engine calls for
premium fuel (an octane rating of 91 or higher) and
it’s getting regular fuel instead (an octane rating of
87 or higher), you can wind up with this problem.
If that’s the case, make sure the service consultant
explains this to your client. We clearly state the fuel
recommendation in the owner’s manual, quick start
guide, and advanced technology guide. You’ll also
find it on a label inside the fuel fill door; it’s hard to
miss.
We also started recommending in the owner’s
manual and advanced technology guide the use of
TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline, where available, to
help maintain vehicle performance and reliability. For
more info on it, check out the June ’10 ServiceNews
article “TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline: We
Recommend It!”
Using regular fuel in an engine that calls for premium
not only causes that annoying pinging, but long-term
use can lead to engine damage. With premium fuel,
the engine not only runs better but with more power
since the ECM/PCM isn’t trying to retard ignition
timing to make up for pinging.

this is from the dec 2010 acura service news bul - links in the 4G garage

just wondering - as you said you only hear it under a load
Old 02-08-2011 | 10:24 PM
No more Acura

Thanks crxb. I've read that too.

Since day one I have been using Chevron 94. (3 tanks) When I spoke with Acura Client Services, he told me to use 91 as anything above is a waste money.

Now that I've filled in 5 tanks of gas (94 and 91 Chevron), I can say there is no difference. The ringing noise is still there.

The field engineer (from Acura Canada HQ) had my car for 2 days last week. He added octane booster, checked the knock sensor, got the tech to inspect the spark plugs. (The tech also checked heat shield and intermediate shaft the first time I dropped the car more than 3 weeks ago.) Everything checks out.

However when I got the car back, the ringing sound is still there.

I'm escalating this matter up to the dealership management. Let's see what happens.
Old 02-08-2011 | 11:00 PM
Racer

This will most likely be the Torque Converter

Originally Posted by AlCan
Thanks crab. I've read that too.

Since day one I have been using Chevron 94. (3 tanks) When I spoke with Acura Client Services, he told me to use 91 as anything above is a waste money.

Now that I've filled in 5 tanks of gas (94 and 91 Chevron), I can say there is no difference. The ringing noise is still there.

The field engineer (from Acura Canada HQ) had my car for 2 days last week. He added octane booster, checked the knock sensor, got the tech to inspect the spark plugs. (The tech also checked heat shield and intermediate shaft the first time I dropped the car more than 3 weeks ago.) Everything checks out.

However when I got the car back, the ringing sound is still there.

I'm escalating this matter up to the dealership management. Let's see what happens.
This will most likely be the Torque Converter on the 6 speed. With SH-AWD, their are electronics involved in how this works. The Gear Ratio for the RPM are to high. Thus the Pining sound as you get to the higher end of the gear before you shift. Trying to maintain present or even Better gas millage can be part of the computer programing. Actually if you go to the M. Benz blog, some issues with SL-350 6 speeds. I think this is either a computer re-programing or a RPM sensor INSIDE the 6 speed Torque Converter and how it interfaces with the SH-AWD clutch.. We will know more about the 2012 TL tomorrow at the Detroit Auto Show... Be careful what you ask for folks!
Old 02-08-2011 | 11:11 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Originally Posted by pdpboy
Is this a ringing/pinging noise that you are hearing or a ticking noise? I have a loud audible ticking noise coming out of the front right passenger wheel well that drives me absolutely insane. This noise only exists once the engine is fully warmed up and is there while the car is at idle, this noise can also be heard inside the car's cabin. The ticking noise is not related to the typical honda/acura pinging noise that comes out of the engine, I bought the car into the dealership and they were not able to pinpoint the issue. Car has only 2,300 miles on it.
i seem to have the same issue although my tl is a 2nd gen. i haven't had time to look into it yet but i realized that it goes away when i turn the ac on. the noise is inside the cabin in the same location you described and i even saw the piece that was making was clicking. not sure what it's called, but i'll look into it this week
Old 02-08-2011 | 11:12 PM
Drifting

Seriously? Has anyone driven the 2012 TL yet? I didn't think so. Don't start a thread talking about a "potential" issue when we don't even know if the 2012 TL will even have a 6sp. If you want to start a thread warning us about issues with a ZDX that would be great... Also, you don't even know what part of the ZDX is causing this... Could be specific to the ZDX and MDX (rear diff maybe?).

Why don't you take your car to the dealer, put them in the car with you and recreate it for them?

Hopefully a mod will move this to the ZDX forum or just lock this insanity...
Old 02-09-2011 | 12:27 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
This will most likely be the Torque Converter on the 6 speed. With SH-AWD, their are electronics involved in how this works. The Gear Ratio for the RPM are to high. Thus the Pining sound as you get to the higher end of the gear before you shift. Trying to maintain present or even Better gas millage can be part of the computer programing. Actually if you go to the M. Benz blog, some issues with SL-350 6 speeds. I think this is either a computer re-programing or a RPM sensor INSIDE the 6 speed Torque Converter and how it interfaces with the SH-AWD clutch.. We will know more about the 2012 TL tomorrow at the Detroit Auto Show... Be careful what you ask for folks!
If this is indeed the cause, what needs to be done to fix the problem? Change the TC or reprogram the PCM? The ringing sound seems to be coming from the bottom front of the car... but it's hard to pinpoint. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2011 | 12:55 AM
6G TLX-S

Alcan, which dealership did you go to ?
Old 02-09-2011 | 01:01 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Alcan, which dealership did you go to ?
Lougheed Acura.

Any thoughts on how well the other Acura dealerships in BC resolve customer issues?
Old 02-09-2011 | 01:16 AM
Honda Fanboy

The RL has the six speed also. Any reports from them?
Old 02-09-2011 | 04:27 AM
Intermediate

I have a 2010 MDX w/ 40k , I have had the pinging issue almost since about 1000 miles, at wide open throttle , it goes away, only happens under partial throttle 2-3 shift, it was looked at numerous times, it seems to have disappated or else I am just used to it, so far knock wood, I have had no issues with the trans.
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete2010
Seriously? Has anyone driven the 2012 TL yet? I didn't think so. Don't start a thread talking about a "potential" issue when we don't even know if the 2012 TL will even have a 6sp. If you want to start a thread warning us about issues with a ZDX that would be great... Also, you don't even know what part of the ZDX is causing this... Could be specific to the ZDX and MDX (rear diff maybe?).
The guy is trying to help. What's wrong with posting it here - if you don't like it don't move on to another thread and ignore this one.

Why don't you take your car to the dealer, put them in the car with you and recreate it for them?
Have you bothered to read past the first post? I'm guessing not.

Hopefully a mod will move this to the ZDX forum or just lock this insanity...
Yep - insane, how else would you describe someone making a post as a heads up to potential issues to look out for when the 2012's come out....totally insane.
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:58 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

that we wont have this issue with our ZDX. 4500 miles on it and quiet as can be on long hauls and pulling mountain passes up to 10,000 ft.

Thanks for the info and keep us all informed.
Old 02-09-2011 | 11:56 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by jjsC5
The guy is trying to help. What's wrong with posting it here - if you don't like it don't move on to another thread and ignore this one.

Have you bothered to read past the first post? I'm guessing not.

Yep - insane, how else would you describe someone making a post as a heads up to potential issues to look out for when the 2012's come out....totally insane.

Thanks jjsC5.

I started this thread so that buyers do not have to go through what I'm going through at this moment. There is nothing more frustrating than the dealer and manufacturer telling you that nothing can be done to fix your problem.

I'm really starting to believe that the 6 speed transmission could be the culprit here. This morning I could hear a persistent ringing noise at 70km/h on a straight road.
Old 02-09-2011 | 11:58 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
The RL has the six speed also. Any reports from them?
I could be wrong, but only the 2011 RL has 6 speed transmission. It's probably too early for any owners to complain.
Old 02-09-2011 | 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

I could be wrong, but only the 2011 RL has 6 speed transmission. It's probably too early for any owners to complain.
Currently the ZDX, MDX and RL have it.
Old 02-09-2011 | 07:36 PM
6G TLX-S

And the new Honda Odyssey van also 6 speed auto trans.
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:24 PM
No more Acura

I spoke with the service manager at the dealership today. I told him this ringing noise is not acceptable and all he said was that this is a known issue with 2010 MDX and ZDX and Acura is working on a fix. I said... these cars have been out 1 year and 3 months, and there is no fix in sight? I said I'm not terrible optimistic that Acura would come up with a fix soon enough to make me happy. And he said I have to give them reasonable enough time to come up with a solution, most likely a software patch. I said I've already given them 1 month to fix this, and in an email I sent them yesterday I'm willing to wait another two months before I'm going ahead with CAMVAP if there is no fix.

I mentioned to him perhaps they should focus on the transmission but all he said it's not a transmission problem for sure.

I also gave him a financial lesson. What is $50,000 paid in cash to buy the ZDX? It is $4,000 saved after income tax per month for 12 straight months. Now, if he had bought this exact car the way I did with hard-earned cash, maybe he would also be a little PISSED, like I am.

Anyways I said to him I'm just following Acura warranty 3-step protocol. First I contact the service manager. Second, if it's not resolved, I would escalate to the principal or GM of the dealership. Thirdly I will give Acura Client Services a call if nothing is resolved in the previous steps.

Then I can get in touch with CAMVAP in the hopes that I can get Acura to buy the car back from me.

Today on the way home, my wife was commenting every time I step on the gas she could hear the ringing sound coming from around the gear box and cd changer area. It's especially loud when I climb the hill where I live.

Acura should just step up and fix my car, or if they cannot, just exchange the car for a new one, or refund my $50K back to me.
Old 02-09-2011 | 09:41 PM
Drifting

You should be calling a CAMVAP lawyer now and going over these details. If you have a problem and it can't be fixed, get a lawyer involved and have them deal with it. I understand that you've paid a large amount of money for this car, and you're pissed and need to vent here. I get that. But it seems like the dealer is not going to help you, so you need to contact someone who can.

You're saying that they know what the issue is and they're working on a fix, did you ask what the problem is? Is it the 6sp transmission? Is it anything having to do with the 2012 TL? Maybe the SHAWD system? Or rear Diff? I don't know what is unique to the ZDX, MDX that owners are finding this issue with. Knowing what the issue is might help other people looking at a ZDX or MDX.
Old 02-09-2011 | 11:17 PM
No more Acura

The question I have right now is whether to use a lawyer or not. In Canada going through CAMVAP it says clearly on their website that a lawyer is not necessary.

I have already documented all my dealings with the dealer and Acura HQ.

Anyone with experience with CAMVAP in this forum?
Old 02-10-2011 | 12:03 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by Pete2010
You should be calling a CAMVAP lawyer now and going over these details. If you have a problem and it can't be fixed, get a lawyer involved and have them deal with it. I understand that you've paid a large amount of money for this car, and you're pissed and need to vent here. I get that. But it seems like the dealer is not going to help you, so you need to contact someone who can.

You're saying that they know what the issue is and they're working on a fix, did you ask what the problem is? Is it the 6sp transmission? Is it anything having to do with the 2012 TL? Maybe the SHAWD system? Or rear Diff? I don't know what is unique to the ZDX, MDX that owners are finding this issue with. Knowing what the issue is might help other people looking at a ZDX or MDX.
The field engineer says its engine pinging, but I don't agree. If it were pinging, they should be able to fix it already by 1) changing spark plugs; 2) update PCM software; 3) change EGR valves; 4) fix leaks in exhaust.

Like I said, I suspect it could be the 6-speed automatic transmission (I know Pete you have the 6-speed manual transmission.) on the 2010 and 2011 MDX and ZDX. Someone mentioned the torque converter in the transmission and this is close to where the ringing sound is coming from.

I hope that I'm not just venting but that I could be helping current and future owners of Acura. You don't want to get into my situation as this sucks up my precious time instead of enjoying the car. I'm trying to get Acura to fix this problem once and for all... for this generation of 2010 and up MDX and ZDX anyways, and possibly for the 2011 RL and 2012 TL, if my guess is correct on the faulty 6-speed automatic transmission.
Old 02-10-2011 | 06:52 AM
Drifting

Sorry you're having this issue. I doubt it's a transmission issue. More likely, it's a question of the software mapping, trying to select the optimal gear for a given RPM setting to maximize MPG, or the mapping of the knock sensor.

The MDX and ZDX are heavier vehicles (than say the RL or TL). This puts a higher load on the engine. When you put a high load on an engine (heavy vehicle, uphill) at lower RPM, you're introducing a potential pinging (or actually spark knock) situation. The car has a complicated system for detecting spark knock and retarding the ignition timing to reduce it. My guess is that what Acura's working on involves a complex interaction of the mapping for the knock sensor and the mapping for the transmission to make sure everything's working together. (I'd bet if you stepped on the gas a bit harder when you're hearing this, forcing a transmission kick-down to a lower gear, the noise would stop).

Obviously, this is not a bolt-on solution. But I wouldn't worry about any imminent transmission issues.
Old 02-10-2011 | 07:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
(I'd bet if you stepped on the gas a bit harder when you're hearing this, forcing a transmission kick-down to a lower gear, the noise would stop).
This is an interesting thing to test - something I would definitely try to see what happens.
Old 02-10-2011 | 08:52 AM
Team Owner

AlCan, I'm really sorry to hear you're having this problem. I hope you get your situation rectified to your satisfaction. This is very interesting reading.

As I've read through your thread, the thing that came to mind is this-are any other ZDX owners having this problem? With you posting in the TL Community, I have decided to move your posting to the ZDX Community. That way, you can see if any other owners are experiencing this same problem. I have also altered the title of your thread because right now, it is speculation that any 2012 TL will have this problem.

Best of luck with your situation. Please keep us updated on progress. 4G TL readers can still access this thread from the 4G TL area, but it will now point into the ZDX Community.
Old 02-10-2011 | 10:03 AM
No more Acura

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
Sorry you're having this issue. I doubt it's a transmission issue. More likely, it's a question of the software mapping, trying to select the optimal gear for a given RPM setting to maximize MPG, or the mapping of the knock sensor.

The MDX and ZDX are heavier vehicles (than say the RL or TL). This puts a higher load on the engine. When you put a high load on an engine (heavy vehicle, uphill) at lower RPM, you're introducing a potential pinging (or actually spark knock) situation. The car has a complicated system for detecting spark knock and retarding the ignition timing to reduce it. My guess is that what Acura's working on involves a complex interaction of the mapping for the knock sensor and the mapping for the transmission to make sure everything's working together. (I'd bet if you stepped on the gas a bit harder when you're hearing this, forcing a transmission kick-down to a lower gear, the noise would stop).

Obviously, this is not a bolt-on solution. But I wouldn't worry about any imminent transmission issues.

Yes I've tried this many times. The ringing sound is still there even when I press the gas harder to downshift. On a flat road 70km/h at 1500rpm it also has that sound, although muted.

Even in S mode, where the 3rd gear pulls all the way to 4000 rpm before shifting, I can hear it.

I have tried 2 demo ZDX before I bought mine, and I am very sure I did not hear this ringing noise on a flat road or during acceleration.
Old 02-10-2011 | 10:22 AM
Thbbbbbbbbbbbt

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I've read through your thread, the thing that came to mind is this-are any other ZDX owners having this problem?
I posted earlier that we are not having this problem. We live at 5000ft and consistently traverse mountain passes between 8-10k ft with grades in excess of 7% or more. I will continue to monitor this thread and of course update if it does but so far so good at 4500 miles.

I only use Chevron Super 91 octane which is the highest we can get here.

Hang in there OP and of course keep us all abreast of what is being done on your end.

FWIW, we know three other people who have the ZDX as well and none of them are having this problem and we all live in the same area. So 4 total ZDX's here not having the problem (knock on wood).
Old 02-10-2011 | 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks jjsC5.

I started this thread so that buyers do not have to go through what I'm going through at this moment. There is nothing more frustrating than the dealer and manufacturer telling you that nothing can be done to fix your problem.

I'm really starting to believe that the 6 speed transmission could be the culprit here. This morning I could hear a persistent ringing noise at 70km/h on a straight road.
Quite a few of the other members who responded "negatively" are just upset that you are grouping a future product with a problem when no one including yourself knows if it has it or not. We can all generalize here and say it's the torque converter or this or that, but the truth of the matter is that only the engineers who are designing, building and troubleshooting have ANY clue as what to this may be.

For example, the 2004 TL had a light pinging noise at light acceleration and acura dealers told owners that they were putting in the wrong gas, etc. After getting a few warranty claims for random parts such as new cams, belts, tensioners, ecms and test, Acura's engineers investigated it and found that a loose heat shield above the exhaust would vibrate due to the harmonic frequencies of the exhaust and cause a pinging noise. Fix, add a rubber washer and tighten it up a bit better. No ECM programming, no replacing parts, etc.

I can understand your frustration with the issue, you spend your hard earned money and it isn't working as you expected it to. Acura is working on a fix and won't give owners the run-around. In your case you have a dealer tech saying that there's nothing he can do. He isn't saying that acura isn't going to help.

You have to understand that a group of engineers is sitting and analyzing data as dealers send it to them from your cars and numerous others, reconstructing situations and figuring out what it could be. If anything it could be some as abstract as that heat shield was on the TL. Cars and incredible complicated these days and everything from harmonics, electro-magnetic fields, etc can come into play and a culmination of this cause an issue.

I'm going to close this thread and suggest that you start a "ZDX Pinging thread" so others can chime in about their pinging and if they have it. Honda reads these forums, maybe this may help them figure something out or make something click in an engineer's head. Saying a new product could have this problem isn't helping anything really. Perfect example of this is the TL Dash-board issue. A thread was created where members posted mileage, etc and photos of their cracks. Honda was made aware and for quite a few members they are doing 75-25% splits for a replacement for cars with 100K miles on them and even 100% paid replacements for others as well.

As well, I suggest you start in the "Car Talk" section about hiring a lawyer to have honda arrange a buy back for your car. A few members have gone through the process including myself without a lawyer, and some have with a lawyer. That way, you have the info from a diverse group of members rather than just the few who just own ZDX's.