Zymol VS Perma Plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Zymol VS Perma Plate

Today I tired Zymol wax for the first time. I was very excited to try it b/c everyone said its the best.
To make it sort, I stand corrected. Its good, but overrated, and not the best. Ive been using Perma Plate since I had my car and its the BEST!

Yes Zymol is smooth, shinny, and smells nice. LOlz. But it wasnt what I expected.

Perma Plate smells, but there was more of a shine than Zymol and also took most if not all of the water marks on the paint(white).

Dont believe me? Try it.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 AM
O.G.

I also took off paint rubs(little hit and run while parked at school) from another car with this thing too. This stuff is worth a try.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Where do you order the Paintguard?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Isn't Permaplate one of those protection packages offered by dealers? I know they charge an arm and leg for it. For warranty purposes, it's supposed to be applied by the dealer. I believe it's a synthetic sealant and they recommend using the Permaplate Renewer to keep the original layer intact. For a fraction of the cost you're paying the dealer, you can pick up some of the products frequently mentioned in this forum and probably get the same or even better results.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by krazy99cl
Today I tired Zymol wax for the first time. I was very excited to try it b/c everyone said its the best.

Who told you Zymol is the best? It's not even on the radar of good waxes. Just a lot of marketing hype. And if you bought the Turtle Wax branded as Zymol, well then sir you got had.

Are you sure you're not referring to Zaino as the one that everyone raves about?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Who told you Zymol is the best? It's not even on the radar of good waxes. Just a lot of marketing hype. And if you bought the Turtle Wax branded as Zymol, well then sir you got had.

Are you sure you're not referring to Zaino as the one that everyone raves about?
I'd have to agree with NSXNEXT on what he said about the Turtle Wax branded Zymol. It's basically Zymol's low end cleaner wax (dual purpose) that is sold in just about every chain auto store or auto section of the large discount stores. I don't think you can compare the two since it sounds like they do different things... I haven't used Perma Plate, but it appears to be a sealant, where as the Zymol is more of a one step paint cleaner/low level sealant. Zymol definitely has better products that you can get onine. I wouldn't judge Zymol just by using one of the items in it's product line. Not advocating that you use it, just saying you're comparing apples to oranges...
Old 06-21-2006, 05:02 PM
O.G.

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
Where do you order the Paintguard?
I got it from Honda. I really dont know if they sell it anymore, but the package comes in 3 bottles. Wax, Leather, and something else. I thinks its for dash. I only use the wax.

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Isn't Permaplate one of those protection packages offered by dealers? I know they charge an arm and leg for it. For warranty purposes, it's supposed to be applied by the dealer. I believe it's a synthetic sealant and they recommend using the Permaplate Renewer to keep the original layer intact. For a fraction of the cost you're paying the dealer, you can pick up some of the products frequently mentioned in this forum and probably get the same or even better results.
Well it is offered at the dealer, but im sure you can just pick up the paint gaurd elsewhere, like ebay or something for cheap. But well worth it.

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT

Well heard Zymol was best when I read it here. It is hype. LOlz! Look a the label. I know, I got owned!

Zaino good?In your opinion?

Originally Posted by Dark 'n' Dirty
I'd have to agree with NSXNEXT on what he said about the Turtle Wax branded Zymol. It's basically Zymol's low end cleaner wax (dual purpose) that is sold in just about every chain auto store or auto section of the large discount stores. I don't think you can compare the two since it sounds like they do different things... I haven't used Perma Plate, but it appears to be a sealant, where as the Zymol is more of a one step paint cleaner/low level sealant. Zymol definitely has better products that you can get onine. I wouldn't judge Zymol just by using one of the items in it's product line. Not advocating that you use it, just saying you're comparing apples to oranges...
Try it. Want a sample? Ill send you some. Pm me. Also this thread was for comparing two waxes. Sorry for the confusion. Lolz. What some good stuff offered by zymol then?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

You could always get some Royale...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...nce&n=15684181
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 PM
O.G.

Originally Posted by JackieO
You could always get some Royale...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...nce&n=15684181

List Price: $9,499.00
Price: $7,118.00
You Save: $2,381.00 (25%)

rather get a paint job. lolz
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 PM
O.G.

Originally Posted by Amazon
4 of 9 people found the following review helpful:

Wow, May 9, 2006
Reviewer: D - See all my reviews
I hope the person reviewing above is joking because it is not a body hair removal wax, it is for automobiles. The high percentage of white carnuba which is what it is made with provides an intense luster to the car paint.

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

14 of 25 people found the following review helpful:

Not as effective as advertised., May 8, 2006
Reviewer: alphajesse - See all my reviews
This wax was much too soft, and not nearly sticky enough. Despite several dozen attempts, this wax was completely unable to assist in hair removal, and irritated the skin of my most sensitive areas.

The one thing that this product does get right, though, is that it smells fabulous. The scent puts one in the mood to get a wax done, too bad it doesn't deliver the smooth, silky skin I expect.

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)
Lolz someone bought it to use for their own body
Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

Hey Krazy99cl, thanks for the offer, but I'm cool right now with detail products. I actually have too many cluttering up my closets. I actually use Adam's Polishes and like them a lot because of the ease of application (even in the sun) and the great results. Granted, the Butter Wax they offer probably isn't the best in terms of durability, but I mainly use them to maintain my car and they have a great full system. Thanks again, I may take you up on your offer after my supplies run out.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
the perma plate has a leather thing, a paint thing and a wash mit. It costs about $800 from acura if u buy a new car, and i don't think it is worth it, (High priced Lexol/303 and Z-5)
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 AM
O.G.

this stuff is sweet.(not the taste, but the results)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I know it's an old thread, but a detailer I spoke with uses this stuff. Is it worth it to use this stuff? I've never heard of a detailer using Perma Plate.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
We have a PermaPlate dealer in my town. Its just a Polymer protectant folks, no biggy when compared to other Polymers.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I found the Zymol to be a &itch to remove and it left a lot of dust and particles. I tossed it in the garbage can afte using it.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by miner
I found the Zymol to be a &itch to remove and it left a lot of dust and particles. I tossed it in the garbage can after using it.
I did the identical thing about 10 years ago......el junko.....