Zymol HD Cleanse and Wax review

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Zymol HD Cleanse and Wax review

Alrighty, let me just preface this small commentary on these products by saying that i am a detailing novice and i still got lots to learn so if im wrong about anything feel free to correct me or let me know where i goofed

Ok so for starters my car has been weathering the elements for about 2 years now so its definitely in need of a professional detail and clay bar treatment. I have a clay bar that i bought but i never ended up using it and for laziness sake today i just decided to try a wash/hd-cleance/wax combo. the detail waits till the summer

A friend of mine that knows i like to keep my car clean got me the zymol combo as a Christmas present. Due to school and weather constraints its been collecting dust till today. The wax ended up being zymol creme which is geared towards lighter colored cars. Zymol also makes a carbon wax for darker cars. I have a dark grey car. I'll talk about this later on again

Zymol HD Cleanse and Wax review-letnu.jpg
this shit right here^

So i give my car a rub-a-dub-dub and wash it down and dry it. I reach for the hd-cleanse and as soon as i crack it open i immediately notice it smells like chocolate...Me Gusta. More precisely, it smells like a tootsie roll

Awesome. Off to a good start. The stuff actually looks like chocolate too. If it wasnt labeled as zymol hd-cleanse i probably wouldve tried to pour it over ice cream and brownies. I wasnt sure if the smell would get annoying after a while, but it never did.

Now onto the application, it is a liquid paste and goes on pretty similar to any other liquid paste based car shit so no surprises there, its when you try to take this stuff off that shit starts to get real. Let me just say, if you apply this stuff improperly, it will fucking test your manliness. They should have named this stuff "Zymol HD...Bitch."

So the material dries really quickly for starters. The directions recommend that you wait "20 seconds" and then start buffing it off. Assuming you are working in small sections, 20 seconds is way too long. If you waited 20 seconds you are already fucked. This shit is really fucking hard to get off. Seriously. If you let this shit dry on your car you are gonna need the help of like macho man randy savage to get this fucking shit off your body panels.

Zymol HD Cleanse and Wax review-w5zgi.jpg

If you ever attempt to use this stuff, start wiping this shit off as soon as you finish applying it to a small 2x2 section, or you will regret it. Trying to remove this stuff when it dries or sits too long is really difficult, you might do one section and be all like "wow killerG must have been on his period" but trust me, unless you are like really jacked, a whole cars worth of this shit is pretty exhausting. Also, it flakes occasionally when removing...chocolate flakes...that are really hard to get off for some reason. I suspect the majority of chocolate flakes i encountered though were due to my over application of product and not a fault of HD cleanse. Too much and your cars gonna look like fucking willy wonkas chocolate factory. Nowhere near as bad Autoglym HD. A treatment of that on my other car made it look like it had bad dandruff on a black t-shirt.

Anyway after getting it all said and done HD cleanse leaves a noticeably smooth surface on the car. Dragging my finger across the surface i found that it would glide easily over treated portions and then immediately hit resistance and friction on the untreated. Thats good news then. Also, repeat applications smoothened surfaces further. This made me wonder whether HD cleanse was actually cleaning or removing anything or just layering up a thin film on top of whatever shit is on your paint, the description of the product is very vague so i wasnt sure what to expect. It's definitely not a substitute for a clay bar though thats for sure

A full "cleansing" left my paint very smooth in all directions, which was nice. The zymol wax subsequently went on very very smoothly and easily. Sadly, like its 720p predecessor, it also does not like drying, and needs to be removed right after it is applied, this time the directions even say "Do not allow to dry!" After learning my lesson with the HD cleanse i wasnt about to let that shit dry, no way. It went on and came off much much easier than the HD cleanse so that made me happy.

In the end I wasnt too blown away by the finish left by the creme wax. This might have been because i used wax which is more geared towards silver cars instead of darker ones but i also didnt find the wax to be that "waxy". Im having a hard time describing it but i feel like the wax didnt leave behind much protection. Compared to the Autoglym'ed car which i can tell is waxed up and even NXT it seems kind of subtle. Perhaps Zymbol carbon would solve the issue, perhaps not,

I will probably do an HD-Cleanse + NXT 2.0 combo next time i care for the car and before i try to use that fucking cleanse shit again I will probably hit the gym and do a round of p-90x or something to make sure i will survive the application process

-KillerG

Old 03-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Funny write up!

There are plenty of products out there that are easy to use and will give you the results you want. No sense using the same thing again if you don't like it!