Zymol

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 07:36 PM
You want me to break it?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zymol

I have been using Zymol car wax for several years now and it seems to work pretty well but no one else even mentions it on this forum. Does anyone know how it compares to Zaino (since that seems to be the most popular) - should I switch? I don't mind spending a little money if it gives better protection in the long run. Thanks ---Brian
Old 09-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Racer

Zymbol is still a wax, so even though it is the best, it still can't offer the same kind of protection that a polymer, like Zaino can. A polymer will last longer, offer UV protection, and protect better.

One of the absolute best things to do is use Zaino, then put a later of Zymbol on top. Natural waxes have a slightly better sheen than polymers, so using Zaino for protection and Zymol for appearance is the best thing to do. Granted, it's a lot of extra work to put the Zymol on top, for not too much greater of an improvement.

-vasu
Old 09-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Instructor

You can get Zymol at Costco, too.

Of course, I'm a polymer fan myself...
Old 09-29-2003, 07:24 PM
3rd Gear

I read about ZAINO and WAX on some forums - i am not sure it is TSX or TOV site. There was one guy asking about putting WAX on top of ZAINO. I rememberred that other guy answered that he should not put any WAX on top of ZAINO. That guy sent an email to the owner of ZAINO. The owner of Zaino does not recommend to put any waxes on top of his product. Just F.Y.I.

BccKiller
Old 09-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

The owner of Zaino also recommends that you wash the car with dishsoap before you apply the almighty Zaino too. Does that mean you should? The thing that I would be concerned about is that the blue Zymol that you get at Costco is a bit high in the solvent area. It could very easily help strip Zaino off. Blue Zymol is more of a cleaner wax than a really good topper wax. If you want a really good topper wax for a synthetic then you should stick with paste waxes. The liquids all have a higher solvent level that could compromise the durability of the sealant.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Racer

I'm sure the owner of Zaino has a completely objective opinion on this matter

It's just like honda saying your car will be damaged if you don't use all Honda fluids and have it worked on by a Honda only mechanic, etc.

Originally posted by BccKiller
I read about ZAINO and WAX on some forums - i am not sure it is TSX or TOV site. There was one guy asking about putting WAX on top of ZAINO. I rememberred that other guy answered that he should not put any WAX on top of ZAINO. That guy sent an email to the owner of ZAINO. The owner of Zaino does not recommend to put any waxes on top of his product. Just F.Y.I.

BccKiller
Old 09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
3rd Gear

Good point!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Intermediate

I dunno.... The word on the street is that nothing will bond properly to Zaino. If you top it with Zymol then it could either compromise the durability of the Zaino or the Zymol. Plus, if you are using that cleaner Zymol wax then you could be stripping off Zaino anyway. Why would you want to top the almighty Zaino with a wax anyway? I thought it could deflect bullets all by itself. Isn't topping it just going to diminish the appearance of the Zaino?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
I dunno.... The word on the street is that nothing will bond properly to Zaino. If you top it with Zymol then it could either compromise the durability of the Zaino or the Zymol. Plus, if you are using that cleaner Zymol wax then you could be stripping off Zaino anyway. Why would you want to top the almighty Zaino with a wax anyway? I thought it could deflect bullets all by itself. Isn't topping it just going to diminish the appearance of the Zaino?
yes, putting on a cleaner wax will hurt the durability of zaino. if you really want to make your vehicle more shiney, look to put a coat of pure carnuba wax on top of the zaino such as "s100" found at a harley davidson store. that is 100 pure high grade carnuba.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

Hey there tehCOW. Stockton, eh? My in-laws are in Lodi. I'm out there all the time. Small world. Anyway, S100 isn't really 100 pure high grade carnauba. Pure carnauba is hard as a rock so they have to put all kinds of stuff in it to make it usable. I'm definitely not arguing that S100 isn't the bomb. I've used a hundred waxes ranging from $3 Turtle Wax to $1500 Zymol Vintage. S100/P21S rules them all. You really can't go wrong with S100. Any paste wax should be safe over Zaino. Only the liquid waxes do any damage to the sealants.