Zaino Vs. Zymol

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 06:25 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Vs. Zymol

Just took delivery of 05, TSX 6sp, Nav in Carbon Gray Pearl.
This car just replaced my BMW 328I, All I can say is "WOW" the TSX rocks... I should have dumped the Bimmer earlier...sorry any BMW readers, My honest reference regarding my ownership experience with that car was Bring Your Wallet!

Now to the big questions..
Should I use Zaino or continue with my use of Zymol that I have used for years..
I see that Zymol sells a Japon formulation and Zaino I guess was rated #1?

Please give me your vote and or suggestions or what have I over looked for another brand?

Also looking for retailer to purchase the goods!

All The Best!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm a Zaino user. I think you'll get a lot of Zaino votes on this forum. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're new to detailing, check out the FAQ articles on washing, claying, etc.
Even though cars are new, they may need some work before you put Zaino on the paint.
...Oh...Congrats on the new ride
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Instructor

its all a matter of personal preference. if you've never tried Zaino then its worth a shot to just kinda play around with it. the new Z2 pro formula is simple to use and the shine and durability are second to none. unless you live in NJ, you have to buy it online (zainostore.com). if your car is new and no polishing needs to be done then all you will need is Z2pro, Z-6 detail spray, ZFX accelerator and maybe a bottle of Z-7 wash (if you feel like trying something different) if you have any concerns about the products, call Sal Zaino, he'll be glad to help you out. to really give it that extra "pop" apply a layer of Klasse AIO as a base coat then do your layers of Zaino on top of that. when mixing your Zaino and ZFX, all you will need is about a 1/4 of the bottle that he supplies. mix that with about 3 drops of ZFX and you'll have enough to apply 3 layers of Zaino on your TSX. dampen your applicator pad with a spray bottle filled with distilled water, or lightly mist it with your Z-6 detail spray. a word of advise on the Z-6, its pretty concentrated stuff, so mix it 50/50 with distilled water. spritz the applicator pad a few times and that will help your Z2p to spread evenly and a little thinner. remember, with Zaino, the thinner the better when applying. a little goes a really long way with this stuff.

keep in mind though, your finish product is only as good as your prep work. you should wash, clay and then apply your AIO/ Zaino.

Last edited by TSXtc; 03-29-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 PM
9th Gear

Thanks for the Advice

Your help and guidance is well take...!!

I did not think of appling the klasse prep prior to the zaino....So I will take your advice and add that step to the process. Even though the car is new, I hope that Klasse prior to Zaino will help the new paint that much better with removing any dealer wax that may be present. So Klasse and Zaino process should kick butt:-)

I called Mr. Zaino today and asked a few questions on his products, He is very informative...The point he stressed very highly was to purchase white, 100% cotton Towels for the whole processs and he also said they have to be made in the USA. I took this advice and purchased them today for washing and polishing and waxing, It took me 3 trips to different linen stores to find American made towels...!!!

Thanks members for your advice,
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't forget to add clay to your process. New cars are prone to rail dust (from trains) during transportation. You will be surpised at what embedded particles clay is able to remove on new cars.
FWIW, I have used Klasse AIO as a base for Zaino. I was really satisfied with the end results.
As for the 100% cotton towels, I went through that whole ordeal as well. I had a lot of lint in the beginning but as the towels get broken in, the lint factor should go down. I now use MicroFiber towels for removal.
Good Luck !
Old 04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Speed Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The high end Zymol products own Zaino... here's a pic of one of my rides with Zymol HD Cleanse and Vintage Estate wax... did the wax and stuff about 5 months ago, it used to look a lot deeper.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=33078

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=33077

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=33076

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=33075

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=33074
Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Zymol products are not for daily drivers IMO, they offer a great look but little protection
Old 04-03-2005, 06:20 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Zaino!!!

I vote for Zaino.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Speed Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CLpower
Zymol products are not for daily drivers IMO, they offer a great look but little protection
LOL yea I'll have to post pics of my 18 y/o Porsche with the factory paint job...
Old 04-03-2005, 11:45 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by 2LOW4U
LOL yea I'll have to post pics of my 18 y/o Porsche with the factory paint job...

just stating my experience w/ the majority of their line. By little protection I mean for a car that is daily driven it needs to be reapplied every 3 weeks or so.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by SK2003TypeS
Don't forget to add clay to your process. New cars are prone to rail dust (from trains) during transportation. You will be surpised at what embedded particles clay is able to remove on new cars.

I now use MicroFiber towels for removal.
I wouldn't recommend clay for newer paint. There are products out there that do the job without the chance of abrasion(Liguid Glass Pre-Cleaner).

And microfiber towels are a god-send...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:24 AM
9th Gear

Help on steps Zaino and Klasse

Thanks again to all with the post follow-ups on this forum!

Here is my concern or should I be worried.

My car is new 1-week, I have read that claying is good if done right!

I have ordered the Zaino full Kit of products....

The Dealer did a usual dealer deilvery and I am excited to start off right and strip their whatever they put on!

In my garage, I have noticed on my Graphite TSX you can see a slight haze on some parts of the rear fenders both sides of the car. Where the cosmoline line ends is where there is that slight haze. Since the car came from Japan with cosmo and the dealer removed it, what method below is best to use to get rid of this slight haze.

Note: This will be the 1st time I will detail the car.

Should I clay or not, Then Z5 Zaino for the haze or do you think the clay will remove Then 1st base follow with Klasse, then Z5, Then Z2? Or Clay, then Z5, Then Klasse,
Z2 and Z8 coats?

What would you do?

Thanks!!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by hoffy5
My car is new 1-week, I have read that claying is good if done right!
I'd do some more research on the net to find a clay alternative for such a new finish. Did you check Autopia.org?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by chef chris
I wouldn't recommend clay for newer paint. There are products out there that do the job without the chance of abrasion(Liguid Glass Pre-Cleaner).

And microfiber towels are a god-send...

I feel clay is more important for a new car, they get a lot of collection in transport
Old 04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I'd do some more research on the net to find a clay alternative for such a new finish. Did you check Autopia.org?

they'll be the first to tell you to clay it
Old 04-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Homeless

I don't know Scott...my pops painted cars for many moons & was suprised when I mentioned clay to him. The only time I ever used it, was more of a hassle than a benefit.

I swear by the new Makita 9227 though...thing is awesome.

Comes down to each to his own...hell, there are still doods on here who swear by Turtle Wax. lolz
Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
"You my boi blue!"

I would recommend claying a new car. I did it to my father's brand new 06 Lexus GS and then applied the Zaino with stunning results. Clay if used correctly will not marr the paint. If used incorrectly then chances of marring are greater. Clay can get out physically what some products chemically cannot.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hoffy5, look in the post I worte last year. There is also a detailed process link in the second post down. You'll get what you might need to Zaino as a process;

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/how-zaino-detail-process-247622/

And YES do claybar. When the car is transported it gets lot of dirt and rail dust on it. Claybar will not hurt your paint if you follow the clay barring instructions properly.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
teh Senior Instigator

I don't know Scott...my pops painted cars for many moons & was suprised when I mentioned clay to him. The only time I ever used it, was more of a hassle than a benefit.

I swear by the new Makita 9227 though...thing is awesome.

Comes down to each to his own...hell, there are still doods on here who swear by Turtle Wax. lolz

Well, how long has he been on a break from claying cars. Because it really hasn't caught on till the last 5-10 years.

Clay by far is the #1 tool in my arsenol.

I agree, on a freshly painted car, no need to clay. But when you buy a car it isn't freshly painted, it's spent a 1-3 months in transport in big containers and trains w/ all types of containments floating around
Old 04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Homeless

But when you buy a car it isn't freshly painted, it's spent a 1-3 months in transport in big containers and trains w/ all types of containments floating around
I can agree here. My 03 CL was produced in 6/02...and you see my thread about etched paint...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

I feel clay is more important for a new car, they get a lot of collection in transport

The question is....do you clay your custom toolbox as well
Old 04-12-2005, 04:31 PM
9th Gear

"WOW" to Zaino...!!!

Hello Members,

Well, I 1st want to Thank All who said to Clay my new TSX prior to doing the Zaino process! I can say that after using Clay that all those who are skeptical of the results as I was, That as long as you follow directions within this forum....You cannot go wrong and should not forget this step!!!

The Clay process took at all the haze marks etc. from the Dealer wax delivery of the car. I did use the Dawn as a pre-wash and did again follow the directions within the suggestions of this group and the Zaino instructions also!

"WoW" to the results:

1-All haze or containments gone and pait was clear of whatever!
2-The Z2 and Z6 Gloss enhancer rocked!

I have now ordered the Z-8 to enhance further the allready awesome shine to my Carbon Grey TSX!!

When my 46 year old body gets over the sore unused muscles.... I will contiue to add more coats.. of Z2 and Z8!!

I will post photos as soon as I can, The end result again ar very nice and I reccomend these products to the Max!!!!!

Later,

Bob

Very Happy TSX/Zaino Sparkler!!