Zaino vs. Duragloss?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Zaino vs. Duragloss?

Not so much a vs. as a comparison. Does anyone have any experience with these two product lines? I have a friend who is a pro detailer, and swears some of the Z products resemble AquaWax and 105, as well as the PBA. Then i started thinking about it, Im the only retailer of a little known Duragloss product called Pink Buffing Gel. Its a very very mild polish. I recently received a sample from another detailer friend back east, and upon inspection, i said to myself, "Where have I seen this before?" It didnt dawn on me at that moment, but when my fiend started telling me about the physical resemblence as well as his side by side tests, it hit my like a brick. I could swear it was identical to the Z2.
He's nearly certain the AquaWax and either the Z6 or Z8
(I cant remember which one he said) were identical. Even after tesing on his own personal vehicle, and washing a few times, the beading and/or sheeting was identical.
Anyone have anything they could contribute?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, the same thing was mentioned somewhere but never paid no mind to it and it was referred to as the "Poor Man's Zaino". Now if DG comes up with a CS or a AIO, that would be too much of a coincidence . . . . .
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have both and use them regularly. although the 601/105 combo is very similar to using zaino, i do not think they are the same. in my experience, the durability of the duragloss products falls short of zaino, but the ease of application, removal, and beading is nearly identical. even the smell is very close, but not the same.

aquawax is closer to z6 than z8 in appearance, smell, and application...z8 is still a few notches above aquawax IMHO.

once you factor in cost and availability (i can get DG at a carquest <5 min from my home) it quickly makes up for the lower durability. since i reapply an LSP frequently anyway, it doesn't really matter.

i enjoy both products.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DG 101 is the Duragloss AIO. I am just wondering how manypeople on this board and others actually wait till the durability goes away before they start reapplying or adding another coat? I have seen this question brought up on another board somewhere else. Kind of like how PB SSr1 is like XMT 1, ps212 and s100. I think as long as you change 1 additive it is not a violation. Of course I could be wrong.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
The discussion i had with my friend about the two companies, was, we think maybe one of them owns the other......I would think that Brothers Research (DG) had an offspring called Zaino.......He is convinced the products are so similiar, they are one in the same.....Now he is a Zaino-holic too. He has been using Zaino for quite some time, and I convinced him to try the DG line. These are his observations.....
I dont know, but it is just interesting discussion......I actually have some Zaino I may use today an see if the Z2 Polish is indeed pink Buffing Gel.........