Zaino Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Sucks!!!

ok let the flaming begin....i know this is gonna cause a riot on here...so here are my reasons as to why ZAINO SUCKS......

1. first off, in order to pre-clean it, you have to wash the car with dishsoap....anybody that knows anything about cars knows that dishwash soap is one of the worst things to use on the finish...

2. what the hell is up with the damn 32-step, 2 day program...ok, first you have to use Z-1, then Z-2, then Z-98, etc etc..then you have to leave it on for an hour or more, above 60 degrees...who has time for that...

3. if zaino is so great...how come the only place i ever hear about it is on this board...not one person i've talked to outside of this board has even heard of zaino.....if it was so great, more people would know about it and use it

4. zaino is supposed to last longer than conventional waxes, 6mos to a year..how come all i ever read about is the same guys talkin about how they got 50 coats of Z, and the pics of their car dont look any better than a well taken care of car with regular wax on it

5. for a startup kit...its $70!....thats expensive as hell, i dont know about you guys, but i aint spendin 70 bucks on no sorry ass zaino

well like i said, let the flaming begin, tell me to go to hell because of my OPINION....especially nsxnext, i know this is gonna get his oven burnin...cmon, let em know how a asst. manager at a CAR WASH couldnt possibly know shit, like i said before, i only been detailing 8 years, i dont know jack. but anyways, i'm waitin to see how much hate mail this brings, talk to you guys soon!!
Old 06-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

try it before you knock it. (period)
Old 06-19-2003, 10:45 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get ur facts straight

most forums have special forums just for zaino, go to ls1.com.

zaino is the shit
Old 06-19-2003, 11:18 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
yeah Katana, you are probably right. Funny thing, thou ... I believe it was in mid 1979 - probably before you were born - when Road & Track did a feature article which was entitled "The Perils of Pristine". On the cover of that issue, they showed a couple of overhead pictures of somebody drying off the first gen RX-7 that had just finished up it's stint in R&T's stable. Long story short ... there was some guy out in Newport Beach who started a very successful detailing business, and he did an enormous amount of research on the available products to determine which soap he should use for washing the cars before he started detailing them. His final decision was based on which product did not leave any/ANY residue/film/scum/etc on his contact lenses. The product he ended up using was IVORY LIQUID, since it left his contacts cleaner than anything else on the market ... be it products created specifically for the automobile market or anything else he could get his hands on. Now, I know this won't impress the hell out of you, but last Friday I washed my M3 twice with Dawn in order to remove 5 years of Zymol, Carnuba, and most recently Liquid Glass before claying the car, then washed again with the Z7. I just finished taking off the 7th coat of Zaino earlier this morning and the finish of this 64 month old paint job looks better than when it was in the showroom. You seem to have gone from a position of 'I'll save judgement until I try it' to an absolute hater of a product you've never tried for reasons known only to you. Like Mantis implied, if you've tried it and don't like it, fine. If you haven't tried it, you probably shouldn't adopt such a negative position about it. I just hope this doesn't have some deep roots in the career you find yourself in. College educated, are we?
Old 06-20-2003, 12:45 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Type Autopia in to your favorite search engine. You will be taken to a website populated by professional detailers and car care FANATICS. Keep an open mind and bring some refreshments as there is much to study....that is if you want to learn some stuff and didn't start this thread just to be a butt.
Sieze ya, BC
Old 06-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Black is a ***** to Clean

Guys..don't bother with this troll Katana. He pulls this Zaino flame shit all the time. You wanna see him get put down like a puppy at the vet? check out this past thread of his flame war he couldn't handle!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...36#post1229997

Katana stop bothering us with your rants...I think I hear Chris Tucker's Ferrari pullin up...time for your ass to work! Wax As You Dry!
Old 06-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Banned

ahh...its already started, only 4 posts and im' already a non-college educated troll who doesnt have his facts straight and cant handle a flame war lol....
well allow me to retort-
1. "try it before you knock it"- hey i dont have to drive a Tercel to know its a piece of shit.
2. "get your facts straight" - where am i wrong?
3. "college educated, are we" - no we arent. we never went to college. does this make me any less of a person than you?
4. "look for autopia in your favorite search engine"- i have known about autopia for quite a while, and it is a great site, definently a lot you can learn. Even there, they tell you to not use dish wash soap, as it can harm the paints finish.
5. "pulls this zaino flame shit all the time"- no i dont, i asked one time what the big deal about zaino was so i could find out about it, and everyone attacked me.
6. "a flame war he couldnt handle"- hmm, i dont know, usually wars have people on both sides, not 1 person versus about 50. with those odds, even if you have the biggest gun you're bound to lose.

I'll check back with you guys later after im' done washing Chris Tucker's Ferrari.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by Katana18

3. if zaino is so great...how come the only place i ever hear about it is on this board...not one person i've talked to outside of this board has even heard of zaino.....if it was so great, more people would know about it and use it

4. "look for autopia in your favorite search engine"- i have known about autopia for quite a while, and it is a great site, definently a lot you can learn. Even there, they tell you to not use dish wash soap, as it can harm the paints finish.
Any mention of Zaino there? Please register and post "Zaino Sucks!!!" and give your reasons. autopia

And please provide the link. I want to see how many people agree with you. Or are you just a spineless troll????

BTW, I don't even use Zaino. I use Klasse, guess you've never heard of that either
Old 06-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Wow, guess you're too busy finding the cheapest shit to toss on your customers cars.

Get your head out of your ass sir.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Katana, I'm tired of arguing with you. Keep using what you're using, I'll stick with Z. And if you're truly curious about Zaino, who uses it, and how it stacks up to the competition, try reading a few of these sites.

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/zaino/

I love their first sentence... "By now, almost anyone who follows the automotive internet scene has heard of Zaino Bros. car care products at least once. ".... well I guess maybe not those that work at Billy Bobs Car and Truck Wash

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/misc/zaino/sirw.shtml

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Oh and here's a pic of how terrible the shine is.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Advanced

NSXNext - Like a wise man once said; "A picture is worth a thousand words". That is a great shot and speaks volumes about Sal's products.

I absolutley beam from ear to ear when folks look at my car and exclaim "It's beautiful!". This is often followed by "What do you use to make it shine so much?"
Old 06-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Its all about Meguiars!!! Don't worry Katana I got your back...

Products I use

(Looking at that pic...I can't comment on the 32 step things...Its all about WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP MY BABY LOOKING GOOD.)

All - in - All Its always a fun conversation to go back and forth about Zaino and Meguiars. Everyone can break out the different sites that give props to one or the other. One saying says it all though when the dust clears... "To Each is Own"

Zaino guys...we still love ya...
Old 06-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Who is this person named Katana & why are they doing all this JawJacking about Zaino? Zaino works & it works very very well.
If they would read about Zaino they would know about why the dawn dishwashing process for the first time only is needed. This is to strip off all other wax products on the car before you apply the Zaino polish. This pesron Katana must not know jack about anything. Even Meguiars has a 4 or 5 step clay,wash,polish,wax system. I haved waxed my HONDA/ACURA cars for over 22yrs using Meguiars & other good products. This Zaino is great stuff Meguiars is good but its unlike the Zaino. I have used Meguairs products for along time & still use some products. I also have the Meguiars product catalog & some of the products you can't store buy & need to purchase just like Zaino. If you go to the Corvette forums I will bet they will be talking about Zaino. They talk about it in Corvette Magazine & other Magazines also. I had never heard about Zaino untill the some of the TL/CL guys started talking about it. This was a little over 3yrs ago after I got mine.
I treid it & saw what the products did for my NighthawkBlack TL & was sold on the product.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Katana,

I agree with you. Zaino is too time consuming for me. I get compliments all the time (on every car I've ever owned) for the "shine" and I always get people asking me what kind of wax I use.

Posting pictures of a "Zaino shine" is retarded, especially when the car obviously has an expensive non-factory paint job. I saw zero orange peel in that picture.

He could wash that car, dry it and get a nice reflection shot even without Zaino.

I can only laugh at the guys that spend countless hours putting on 20 coats of Zaino to get a nice shine. The same can be done with 1 coat of any wax (like your basic Turtle Wax)

I'm gonna go out and buy a bottle of Nu Finish right now

Pics to come!
Old 06-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yes Tom I have seen many of the cars in person with the multiple coats of Zaino on them. Last summer at the 2nd annual TL/CL meet in New Jersey with way over 100 cars there. Many owners had multi coats Zaino on them. I had 2 coats & thought my car looked great & it did. Mine could not even compare to the some others that had more coats. As I put a few more coats on later I could see the greater results. I also got ask many times what kind of is on your car. I traveled with the car alot last summer& when I would pull into a rest area along the road the people were looking.This stuff also keeps my chrome wheels cleaner longer. It keeps the brake dust/dirt off the front wheels longer then anything I have used.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Banned

ahh im' back...
ok to address some of the previous posts...

1. "who is this Katana guy"- well, my names Eric, im' 23, a sagittarius, i live in Orlando, and i am the Asst. Manager at Lake Mary Car Wash, Detail and Lube Center. (about 20 min north of Orlando)

2. "why is Katana doing all this jaw-jacking about Zaino"- because, well, for the most part, i think its pretty funny to see "grown" men resort to name calling when defending the "Zaino Honor".

3. "this person Katana must not know jack about anything"- well this has already been established...more or less by the same people who insist that dishwash soap is safe for your car, then refer me to autopia, where it clearly states to not use dishwash soap on your car. I dont know about you guys, but something about that doesnt sound right.

4. "are you just a spineless troll" - no, at last check, my spine is intact and i do not, in fact, in any way resemble a troll.

5. "i use Klasse, i guess u've never heard of that either"- well, as a matter of fact, i have.

6. "guess u're too busy finding the cheapest shit to toss on your customers cars"- actually we have already found all of our products, which aren't on any "cheapest shit" lists. Also, we dont toss shit on cars, we apply protection products.

7."only those that work at Billy Bobs Car and Truck Wash havent heard of Zaino"- Sir, i must refer you to #1, where it clearly states I work at Lake Mary Car Wash, Detail and Lube Center. I do however, wish Billy Bobs Car and Truck Wash the best of luck in their business endeavors.

8. That is in fact a very nice picture, with a great shine and a nice BMW in the background. I do have to ask though, what the hell is the leaf blower doing by your car wash equipment?
Old 06-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

just to answer for the guy....the leaf blower is an awesome tool to use for drying the car....touchless and gets water out of those 'leaky' areas
Old 06-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Banned

hmm..hey thats pretty good, i never thought about using one of those, i always use the compressed air hoses at work....props to ya then!
Old 06-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Team Owner

This guy ain’t worth wasting the energy of typing a reply…….
So all I got to say is EAT MY SHINE !!!!

Shawn S
Old 06-21-2003, 11:04 AM

Where is the link? I would like to see what type of "Zaino Honor" you will find there posting your opinion. According to you, they have never heard of it.

You are a troll posting flame bait. Sorry if your life as the Asst. Manager at Lake Mary Car Wash, Detail and Lube Center is not very gratifying.

Detail and Lube? Yeah, I always change my oil and detail my car at the same time.

It's about the process, not the product. I don't use dish soap or Zaino on my car. But don't attack a product other people use.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
It is obvious from your post that you haven't tried it or had first hand experience with it. If you saw a car with regular wax next to a car with zaino you would notice a big difference. I used expensive wax on my car before, and it doesn't even compare to zaino. It makes the car look glossy(wet). I couldn't get it anywhere to that degree with regular wax. And people use lots of coats, because it builds up on the 3d effect/glossiness of the finish. They aren't putting 50 coats on just for protection. It doesn't take anytime at all. It is definately faster than waxing. It doesn't leave behind the residue like wax does. Oh and btw you dont need Z1 anymore use zfx. You can put a coat on in less than 30 MINUTES. I think the prices are reasonable, excepy for the zfx. They need to bring the price down or add more of that blue liquid. The bottle is tiny, and it only comes half full for 20$. Otherwise great stuff Oh btw my car is silver and I can still tell a huge difference from ordinary wax, so just imagine what it will do to a black car.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
...then refer me to autopia, where it clearly states to not use dishwash soap on your car. I dont know about you guys, but something about that doesnt sound right.
Guess that third grade "edumacation" didn't teach you much about reading.....

If you read the posts again, they are referring to washing cars that have a carnauba-based product on the paint.

Yes dumbass, washing a car that was waxed with a carnauba will pretty much undue all your hard work....but you'd know that because you're the

"Asst. Manager at Ima Mary Car Wash, Detail and Lube your Cornhole Center"
Old 06-21-2003, 01:52 PM
i want a bimmer =(

wow...lol...this has been quite interesting to read...

RaptorCLS...i am all about meguiars also...i have nothing against Zanio, or whatever it's called...looks like it does a good job

u guys are too funny. HA and they say girls are catty!! :P
Old 06-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Homeless

Liquid Glass...

$.02
Old 06-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Believe what you want - since it's your car. I'm staying with Zaino after having seen water continue to bead on the paint after 16 months despite the car being parked outdoors in New England.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Banned

alright...lets see here....

1. "this guy aint worth the energy of typing a reply" - obviously i am, since you did in fact type a reply.

2. "eat my shine" - ummm....ok.

3. "you are a troll posting flame bait" - i thought i went over in the other post that i didnt look anything like a troll. And I am not posting flame bait, just proving a point that if someone says something negative about Zaino, rather than educating that person on Zaino, most will resort to childish name calling.

4. "sorry if your life as the asst.manager at LMCW is not very gratifying"- i'm very happy with what i do, the money i make, and the life i lead. Theres people that make more than me, have nicer cars, and live in better houses. But theres also people who make less, drive beater cars, and live in worse apartments.

5. "detail and lube? yea i always change my oil and detail my car at the same time" - actually a lot of people do. they will drop off their car for an oil change and also want their car waxed, carpets shampooed, etc etc.

6. "its about the process, not the product"- really? i thought this entire time we were arguing about the Zaino product, not any process.

7. "dont attack a product other people use"- it never started out that way. in my other thread i wanted to learn about Zaino, and was met with the same childish name calling and flaming when any questions about it were raised.

8. "it is obvious from your post that you havent used Zaino or had any first hand experience with it"- you're exactly right. like i've said many times over, i tried to learn about it, but was met with insults directed at me.

9. "dumbass"- a nice word directed at me by good friend nsxnext, who proves over and over again that he is a fucking moron.

10. "asst. manager at Ima Mary Car Wash, Detail, and Lube your Cornhole Center"- quoted directly from nsxnext, in which he clearly proves to the masses as to why he is a moron. How long did you sit there thinkin of that? Makes no sense and is completely idiotic.

11. "liquid glass"- i have used that on quite a few occasions, really good stuff.

12. "believe what you want, since its your car"- i do believe in the products i use, because they have proven their value to me. If any of the Zaino guys are ever in Orlando, I will gladly take the "Zaino Challenge" to see whose looks and feels better.

alright, i ll talk to u guys later after the next round of flames..
Old 06-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Here's a pic of my $2.00 shine on my old silver M3. Just how did I accomplish such a nice shine? Easy- A bucket of water, a lamb's wool wash mit, some water and a car soap.

Keep in mind that this is a SILVER car, not black, and is the factory original paint-- not some mega$$$ show car paint job that's been wet sanded to eliminate orange peel.

Pretty good for a bucket of water, no? BTW, I need a better camera

Old 06-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

your little picture isn't coming up.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've detailed cars for 3 years now, and since I've switched to Zaino, my car and the few that I do look 10X better. With Zaino, you can get it all over anything and it won't make you black plastic white. It doesn't get dusty, you can use it on anything. It make take awhile.....THE FIRST TIME, then its smooth sailing after that. You can also get ZFX to speed up the process. Oh...and another thing, you can apply it in direct sunlight, its also a polymer, so it lasts longer than Carnuba.
~I'm out of breath....Zaino is the shit.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Racer

Notice how no one here as agreed with you. Just face it that your wrong and shut the fuck up you faggot. Your stupid ass reply's make it sound like your a 2 year old.

Yes dumbass, washing a car that was waxed with a carnauba will pretty much undue all your hard work....but you'd know that because you're the Asst. Manager at Ima Mary Car Wash, Detail and Lube your Cornhole Center
hahaha, nice.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:34 AM

3. "you are a troll posting flame bait" - I am not posting flame bait, just proving a point that if someone says something negative about Zaino, rather than educating that person on Zaino, most will resort to childish name calling.

Yes you are, you stated it yourself: "well like i said, let the flaming begin" And now "I am not posting flame bait." Contradiction?

Proving a point "that if someone says something negative about Zaino, blah blah... ", on the internet. Proving a point to who and for what reason?

Here is the education you were looking for.

5. "detail and lube? yea i always change my oil and detail my car at the same time" - actually a lot of people do. they will drop off their car for an oil change and also want their car waxed, carpets shampooed, etc etc.

Convenience over quality. In my opinion, a quality detail business does not need to change motor oil. A Detail and Lube is trying to compensate for subpar detailing with the added convenience of an oil change.

6. "its about the process, not the product"- really? i thought this entire time we were arguing about the Zaino product, not any process.

You're not very intelligent. Your reason #1 "you have to wash the car with dishsoap." Is dish soap a Zaino product? Or part of the process? Dish soap is not required to use Zaino.

Even their website states: "I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. "

Dawn is just a bad recommendation for the masses. There are other ways to remove wax.

7. "dont attack a product other people use"- it never started out that way. in my other thread i wanted to learn about Zaino, and was met with the same childish name calling and flaming when any questions about it were raised.

In the other thread the only ignorant and childish post were over dish soap.

Now you started this thread, retaliating because somebody called you names on the internet. :'(
Old 06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I gave Zaino a shot over the weekend on my new 350Z. Didn't take too long. Not any longer than other products I have used. It gave the car a great shine. I used Z5 on the car and it did remove some minor swirls the paint had. Followed it up with the Z6 spray too. The car looks great. These are the only two items I purchased. If anything else, I might pick up some Z2. So, I wouldn't say that it "sucks." Other's have their preference, but I'm going to stick with this stuff to see how it works over a period of time.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally posted by CiLver2.3
I gave Zaino a shot over the weekend on my new 350Z. Didn't take too long. Not any longer than other products I have used. It gave the car a great shine. I used Z5 on the car and it did remove some minor swirls the paint had. Followed it up with the Z6 spray too. The car looks great. These are the only two items I purchased. If anything else, I might pick up some Z2. So, I wouldn't say that it "sucks." Other's have their preference, but I'm going to stick with this stuff to see how it works over a period of time.

Cilver2.3 I recommend you buy some ZFX, Z2, and the zaino car wash. I use the z5 and always top off with a layer of z2. Not sure how it works without using the zfx or z1.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

I must admit Katana, I felt just the way you did. I've always kept my cars clean and countless people always asked me what kind of wax I used. I wasn't impressed by Zaino until I saw Shawn S 's and NSXNext's cars in person. I couldn't believe my eyes comparing my car to theirs. Zaino is indeed great stuff.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:41 PM

Hey Katana, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who gets all bent out of shape over someone voicing their opinion about a product is pretty sad. Not only that, but it seems to me that a bunch of these people have way too much time on their hands. Get a LIFE!!

Oh, and by the way RavinGAzN, your means your, you're means you are!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
yer about a year late on this thread buddy.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

i have yet to use it, but I know damn well zaino does its job from all these pictures I see around here, also zaino is popular on many forums, not just ours
Old 07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpscls
i have yet to use it, but I know damn well zaino does its job from all these pictures I see around here, also zaino is popular on many forums, not just ours

not to be rude, but in all honesty, any car can look good in pictures. Zaino is a true performer though.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lighting is everything....you know, like when the lights come on at the club....that nice piece of ass turns in to a Jackyl!!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Banned

damn, this thread brought back from the dead!

Quick Reply: Zaino Sucks!!!