zaino masters needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zaino masters needed

I was wondering something. I now have 2 coats of zaino on my car and it's fantastic. Recently though, i was at a softball tournament and when I came back to my car i could see that someone must of rubbed their bat bag against the car . It's not even a scuff,but a light rub in the clear coat. The real ? is if i use my porter cable polisher to take it out, do I have to start all over again with the zaino polish lok, etc.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I'm assuming you'll use something like 3M Swirl Mark Remover to remove the mark. If that's the case, yes, the SMR will remove the Zaino, but it's not a big deal.

After you've removed the mark, wash the area with Dawn to remove the fillers in the SMR. Then you really only have to re-Zaino the affected area.

Don't worry, Dawn will not remove the Zaino around the area that wasn't buffed out.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

another ?. NSXNEXT, my car sits out side under a tree and gets alot of treesap. Before adding another coat of Zaino i would have to clay the finish first to get the sap off. Does claying take off all the other layers of zaino that I have on there already. If so it would seem that I am starting over everytime I would want to add a layer of Zaino.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:35 PM
Racer

if you only have one layer - then, yes - claying will reduce/remove that. there are a lot of variables in the answer of course, pressure applied when claying, depth of layer, age of layer etc .

it is just one layer right . . .

if you were going to clay it, then do that - and then just apply more zaino - depending on age, use your Z1 also, or ZFX f you have it.
the z1 or ZFX are good, because in some areas, you may remove the zaino, and you want the next layer to bond . .

of course, you'll get a good idea of whether you did remove it, or how much, when you wash the car after claying . . .

check the water running action . . . still runnin off the car like it was afraid to be there? then thats good
Old 08-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the help NSXNEXT and Homer2