Is Zaino the best ??????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:47 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is Zaino the best ??????????

I am gonna do some really extensive detailing when i get my new mods and was wondering if zaino would be the product to use since it seems they are the best
when it comes to quality and shine . i dont mind spending 115.00 on the products if it is really good for the paint. i just dont want to buy it and find out that it sucks or its no good for the paint.. ive got spider webs , buffing marks and a rough feeling surface.. i dont want to learn to use a pc on my car. i just want to do it all by hand. ive read the tips on their homepage so i pretty much know what i have to do and get. let me know what ya'll think. oh yeah i have a 2005 cgp tsx..

zaino clay bar
z7 show car wash
zpc fusion (for occasional use only)
zfx show car accelerator (to mix with z5)
z5 show car polish
z6 ultra clean
z8 grand finale (for occasional use only)
zaino custom applicator
high quality 100% cotton towels made in usa (for washing, drying and applying)
Old 03-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've got a Great investment into Zaino and I do believe you will be VERY SATISFIED.

I only have the Z5 polish which i am very happy with the results.
The polish does a great job of hiding the spider webbings on the paint and protects the paint very well.

I'd put a maximum of 2 coats of the Z5, but one coat is pretty good already.

Remember that you only need a thin layer of polish when you coat your car.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best? that's arguable because it's really based on opinions, circumstance, usage and experience...

Do *I* believe it is the best? yes, absolutely... this is why...

* it's a polymer not a wax, so it bonds to your clearcoat
* it lasts 6x-8x longer than waxing...
* since it's a polymer is fills in your scratches and stays unlike wax, which lasts maybe 2-4 weeks in hot climates, and then you have to reapply it again
* it makes washing your vehcile easier since dirt doesn't adhere well to the ploymer
* its easy to apply, there's no major buffing
* you car gets a wet look when it's done
* if you own a black vehicle and suffer form OCB (obsessive compulsive disorder) it's the only product you should be applying, since a black finish shows every fricken flaw that exists in your paint
* it's also very easy to do touch ups if you have to clean your paint from bird droppings
Old 03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

thanks im gonna order today.. OCD lol.. yeah i geuss there is a little OCD in all of us...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
i was just going to post about this. i am ready to pick up some new wax. oh yeah, does wax 'go bad' if it sits in the garage through a few winters?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Best? that's arguable because it's really based on opinions, circumstance, usage and experience...
Those who have spent the $ to purchase Zaino will without doubt, inform you that theres nothing like it.
Well, I can say the same for the products I use.......It really does depend on the quoted statement. Im not knocking "Z", Im just very happy with my products of choice.......
Old 03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
All I use is Zaino.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Those who have spent the $ to purchase Zaino will without doubt, inform you that theres nothing like it.
Well, I can say the same for the products I use.......It really does depend on the quoted statement. Im not knocking "Z", Im just very happy with my products of choice.......
what do you use? also, what about my question above, does wax go bad after a while, if stored in a garage which temp goes from the 20s - 70s?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by njzprettyboy
what do you use? also, what about my question above, does wax go bad after a while, if stored in a garage which temp goes from the 20s - 70s?

Zaino will separate if left in a cold climate. I leave mine in the garage and each Spring I need to spend some time shaking it to get all the layers to mix. The only one I've really had problems with is the ZFX. My bottle evaporated after a year. Never really used it much after the first few times.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by njzprettyboy
not sure but they said that polymer is better than wax.. i wouldnt use it if its old.
and now i wouldnt even use it if it was new because poly last a lot longer than wax. that means a lot less waxing and you dont have to use a buffer..
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I absolutely love Zaino, but I'm not afraid to try other products out there.

I hear S100 and Natty's are good products as well.

But zaino is by far the best detail product I've used to date.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:20 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm very satisfied with Meguiars products since they have a product for every application imaginable. I do not need to knock Zaino but I always get a laugh when I hear so and so has 20 coats of polish on their car! I agree that carnauba gets dusted in terms of longevity as compared to a polymer LSP. Also, Zaino maybe great for paint in excellent condition but what happens when there are corrections that need to be made such as scratches, swirls, and compounding haze? I do not believe in poducts that cover up instead of correcting. I have only seen the ZPC product and I hear it is mild at best when used for removing scratches. Is this accurate? I'm not familiar with PoorBoys or Griots. I hear positive comments on these products as well.

Last edited by SweetJazz; 03-10-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Safety Car

This question of "What is the best?" always comes up and I usually try to refrain from answering. My usual response is whatever works for you. If you are happy/ecstatic with the results from the products you're using, that's all that matters. Consider the vast array of products on the market, brand X is capable of mimicking a product of choice or close to it. Basically, it comes down to a personal decision and everyone has their favorites. The key factor is surface prep and without it, you might as well just slap on a coat of whatever and call it a day.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

^^^

triple score
Old 03-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
This question of "What is the best?" always comes up and I usually try to refrain from answering. My usual response is whatever works for you. If you are happy/ecstatic with the results from the products you're using, that's all that matters. Consider the vast array of products on the market, brand X is capable of mimicking a product of choice or close to it. Basically, it comes down to a personal decision and everyone has their favorites. The key factor is surface prep and without it, you might as well just slap on a coat of whatever and call it a day.
Couldn't agree more.

Everyone has their favorite. Mine is Zaino. I've tried many....from Turtle Wax to the pricey Zymol stuff (not the stuff you buy at Pep Boys).

Zaino lasts the longest on my cars. It gives the "wet" shine that some prefer. Although, I can see those who would prefer the more "organic" shine that good carnubas offer.

I'm not as compulsive about layering Zaino as some are. After about 3-4 coats, you get into diminishing returns. That said, the stuff is so easy to put on and take off, I can add only another 30-40 minutes to my wash routine to add another coat.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like them a lotttt
Old 03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Master in Science

I like it.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Here's another vote for Zaino! Best way to learn on how to apply is reading the forum on Edmunds.com (and of course the Zaino web site). IMO, the secret to the shine are the multiple applications. After the 3rd of 4th application of Z2, you get one helluva shine that will easily last 6+ months in harsh weather
Old 03-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I just want to point out that the durabilty claims vs. a carnuaba are a little overstated in this thread. Generally Zaino will last 6 months give or take, which is a long time. Beauty waxes like Souveran tend to last 4-6 weeks at most, so in that case it is true Zaino lasts 6x as long as a wax. But most of the waxes folks actually use (Nattys Blue, S100, Clearkote, Zymol, even Megs or Mothers) will normally last 3 months pretty easily, and some waxes (Collinite comes to mind), will outlast even sealants.

If you like the look, process, and durabilty of Zaino that's awesome - it's a great product, but it isn't the be all end all.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Fastdriver

Thumbs up

Just thought I'd add my . Over the YEARS, I have polished/waxed many of the cars that I have owned. While I always stuck to the brand name products, the results never seemed to last very long.

As others have said, what's best for one user, is not necessarily the best for other users. However, I have to tell you, I have been using ZAINO products since the summer of 1998 and I couldn't be more pleased. To first time users reading the application directions/instructions, it might seem like an "ordeal", but it's really not. Once you have the original steps completed, the "upkeep" is a breeze. You'll WANT to ZAINO all the time when you see the results. You will become a ZAINOHOLIC! I first used ZAINO on my "award-winning Motor Trend POS Car"- a 1999 Chrysler 300M- Candy Apple Red. The ONLY good thing about that car was the COLOR and the ZAINO shine! Then, I used it on my 2001, red, Acura CL-S with the same satisfying results. Now I am using ZAINO on my 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS- BLACK and am STILL thrilled with the results.

When deciding what to buy in 2005, I knew that I wanted a car that used REGULAR gas. Aside from that, I wasn't sure what color or kind I wanted. I have to SEE the color ON the car in person. I cannot imagine it or look at pictures. Once I decided on the LaCrosse, I had to wait to see the colors because the cars were just appearing at the dealers in limited colors. I thought about the Cardinal Red because I like red and the named signified a BRIGHT red like the bird. However, someone at Buick must live in an area where Cardinal Birds are a different color than they are in So. CT, because when I saw the "Cardinal Red" color in person, it was more maroon than red.

Anyway, once I saw the BLACK LaCrosse with the chrome trim, I knew that was the car for me. I didn't hesitate about the color because I knew that with ZAINO I wouldn't have any trouble keeping it scratch-free and shining.

I'm not sure what link is in my signature file because since I don't have my Acura anymore, I rarely come here. I think there is a link to my ZAINO pics on the 300, CL-S and the LaCrosse. If not, I add it.

Enjoy.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:21 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by fastdriver
Just thought I'd add my . Over the YEARS, I have polished/waxed many of the cars that I have owned. While I always stuck to the brand name products, the results never seemed to last very long.

As others have said, what's best for one user, is not necessarily the best for other users. However, I have to tell you, I have been using ZAINO products since the summer of 1998 and I couldn't be more pleased. To first time users reading the application directions/instructions, it might seem like an "ordeal", but it's really not. Once you have the original steps completed, the "upkeep" is a breeze. You'll WANT to ZAINO all the time when you see the results. You will become a ZAINOHOLIC! I first used ZAINO on my "award-winning Motor Trend POS Car"- a 1999 Chrysler 300M- Candy Apple Red. The ONLY good thing about that car was the COLOR and the ZAINO shine! Then, I used it on my 2001, red, Acura CL-S with the same satisfying results. Now I am using ZAINO on my 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS- BLACK and am STILL thrilled with the results.

When deciding what to buy in 2005, I knew that I wanted a car that used REGULAR gas. Aside from that, I wasn't sure what color or kind I wanted. I have to SEE the color ON the car in person. I cannot imagine it or look at pictures. Once I decided on the LaCrosse, I had to wait to see the colors because the cars were just appearing at the dealers in limited colors. I thought about the Cardinal Red because I like red and the named signified a BRIGHT red like the bird. However, someone at Buick must live in an area where Cardinal Birds are a different color than they are in So. CT, because when I saw the "Cardinal Red" color in person, it was more maroon than red.

Anyway, once I saw the BLACK LaCrosse with the chrome trim, I knew that was the car for me. I didn't hesitate about the color because I knew that with ZAINO I wouldn't have any trouble keeping it scratch-free and shining.

I'm not sure what link is in my signature file because since I don't have my Acura anymore, I rarely come here. I think there is a link to my ZAINO pics on the 300, CL-S and the LaCrosse. If not, I add it.

Enjoy.
those are some nice pics. Thanks, when i get some extra cash Im gonna get it and post some pics.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSX420J
ive got spider webs , buffing marks and a rough feeling surface.. i dont want to learn to use a pc on my car. i just want to do it all by hand.

While I agree, from my experiences using and selling car care products (including Zaino) that it certainly deserves most of the raves that it receives from users - I also am concerned that you might be expecting too much of it - based on the quote above.

Without seeing how bad these marks are - I would have to qualify an answer with " it might be the best you have ever seen or used" - but you also may not like the results.

ZPC used by hand, on serious marks - like buffer marks - is not likely to give you a result you expect. In fact, the clarity of the Zaino shine might serve to enhance the marks you see, if you do not get rid of them first.

I'd suggest, like some one else did - get the surface prepped. Loose the marks - get them buffed out, or get a machine (even a random orbital polisher) and use the ZPC to see if you get the marks out. It is NOT the be all and end all of care care lines. It is excelent - but there are times it is not the answer. Well, not the answer until you take care of paint issues . .then it is a safe bet to impress most.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I love using Zaino on my TSX!

It's 10x better than the Turtle Wax I was using on previous cars and very easy to use. And the leather cleaner smells like....ahhhh....new leather! I love it. Initially I had second thoughts about spending over $100 on car polish, but it lasts so long and is a really great product so it was worth it.

Oh, and it does have a shelf life, but I can't remember what it is exactly. Says on the web site though, somewhere.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Racer

Shelf life runs 5 years and up - mostly. Oh, as for leaving it in the garage over a winter (up north anyways) - don't do it.

Zaino that has undergone freezing temps just isnt worth it anymore . . . Yup, with enough shaking etc, it may "reform" - but the results are not the level you have paid for.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:19 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by Homer2
While I agree, from my experiences using and selling car care products (including Zaino) that it certainly deserves most of the raves that it receives from users - I also am concerned that you might be expecting too much of it - based on the quote above.

Without seeing how bad these marks are - I would have to qualify an answer with " it might be the best you have ever seen or used" - but you also may not like the results.

ZPC used by hand, on serious marks - like buffer marks - is not likely to give you a result you expect. In fact, the clarity of the Zaino shine might serve to enhance the marks you see, if you do not get rid of them first.

I'd suggest, like some one else did - get the surface prepped. Loose the marks - get them buffed out, or get a machine (even a random orbital polisher) and use the ZPC to see if you get the marks out. It is NOT the be all and end all of care care lines. It is excelent - but there are times it is not the answer. Well, not the answer until you take care of paint issues . .then it is a safe bet to impress most.
this is my car without a wax for a year and some. you cant see the spider webs in the pics but they are there. i think ill be satisfied with zaino...

Old 04-16-2006, 08:41 AM
'05 TSX CG W/NAV

Sorry, totally off topic, but what fogs are you using in tose pics? I like the look a lot.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Safety Car

As fastdriver and Homer previously stated, surface defects such as swirls and minor scratches should be eliminated/removed. Z-PC was designed for use with a dual action buffer and regardless of what product is used, no amount of hand/arm motion can replicate the action of a PC. If what you say is true (no wax for some time), I would recommend claying prior to polishing to remove any imbedded contamination. Let me reiterate, surface prep is paramount and if that one single step is not accomplished, then it's all for naught.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:38 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Originally Posted by bullyx2
Sorry, totally off topic, but what fogs are you using in tose pics? I like the look a lot.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29580

I am not allowed to answer anymore questions until i become a official vendor here so please read the thread.....
Old 04-17-2006, 09:32 AM
'05 TSX CG W/NAV

Thanks

thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
just used zaino for the first time this weekend on my nhb TSX and I am very impressed so for. i clayed it and have done two coats of the Z5 with the ZFX system. Today I plan on switching to the Z2 to see how it looks with that.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

turtle wax is the best wax ever
Old 05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Bought Zaino last week here in LA from Ira with lazaino.com
Nice people, very helpful

Spent today working on my wife's minivan and my motorcycle.

All I can say is Zaino is by far the best product I have every used over the last 20 years. The minivan looks amazing and the motorcycle is mindblowing! Claying the van was hellish as she literally never washes it let alone cleans it. But it was worth it and my wife and daughter were outside marveling at their reflection in the paint.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their input and their testimonials! Worth every penny and I look forward to taking care of the brand new TL this weekend!

And BTW, turtlewax both sucks and blows!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:37 AM
01 CLS

I'm going to try it!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:28 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by DrEvil777
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Spent today working on my wife's minivan and my motorcycle.

All I can say is Zaino is by far the best product I have every used over the last 20 years. The minivan looks amazing and the motorcycle is mindblowing! Claying the van was hellish as she literally never washes it let alone cleans it. But it was worth it and my wife and daughter were outside marveling at their reflection in the paint.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their input and their testimonials! Worth every penny and I look forward to taking care of the brand new TL this weekend!

And BTW, turtlewax both sucks and blows!

Ok folks, it's one thing to brag but let's put up or shut up! Post some pics of these amazing results. Better yet, take some pics with a reflection shot of the sun or a light bulb to see really how good the finish is.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Keep in mind the only Zaino product that'll remove marring is Z-PC, so if someone us using Z2 they're going to have a really shiney, glossy, reflective...marred finish. Just sayin'.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Love Zaino

I love Zaino. Since I gotten into this waxing stuff have not used anything other than Zaino. Will try something else but everytime I do Zaino I really wonder why I need to try other products if this one is giving me all I wanted.

MY first result with Zaino, I had in May 04.

This is the recent one I did this month, May 06, with Z-PC and PC random orbital. This is how my TL looks after 2 and half years.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
zounds!!!!! that is the best looking black I have ever seen! and I've seen a lot.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I am very impressed with Zaino products. My car is 5 years old and people will walk up to me and say, "Hey -- did you just buy that car?" When I tell them it's 5 years old, they are totally surprised. Some of the doctors I work with don't want to park next to me because their cars look like crap. Haha.

Will post pic when the weather improves (and once I put another coat of Zaino on)
Old 06-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrEvil777
+1 Zaino is sold only through official distributors, and the prices are FIXED and will be the same no matter where you buy it from. That said, if you're in CA (you must be in CA to buy it from LA Zaino) buy it from Ira @ LaZaino.com, he's a nice guy who will talk to you on the phone and answer any questions you have in length. Plus, your shipping will be less, the only real savings possible w/ Zaino.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by derrick
I am very impressed with Zaino products. My car is 5 years old and people will walk up to me and say, "Hey -- did you just buy that car?" When I tell them it's 5 years old, they are totally surprised. Some of the doctors I work with don't want to park next to me because their cars look like crap. Haha.

Will post pic when the weather improves (and once I put another coat of Zaino on)

Funny, I get the same comments. Most people just shake their head like I'm crazy for keeping a 12 year old car looking good. Well, after 12 years and 250K miles she still looks great. Not by Zaino though.

Last edited by SweetJazz; 06-02-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Is Zaino the best ??????????