Why Zanio?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:13 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jeep4Life
Any polish will remove a prior wax. By doing one coat of polish or two coats is better than dawn. Dawn has chemical that can naturally remove pigment out of any color. Has anyone never thought why they put a heavily cake dinner plate into the dishwasher and it comes out clean as a whistle. Streak free. If a soap is that strong think of what it can do to a car.
This is the one that got me . . . .

Yes, polishes will remove wax - you know how? Abrasives and solvents. I would rather remove old wax without abrading the surface of my clearcoat. The Dawn is a "cutting agent" in a sense of the word . . . it breaks the wax, like it helps with the breakdown of food particles in the sink. What do you think removes most of the food - the hot water and the rubbing you do - the dawn is the grease , (read OIL) as in waxes having oil, cutter . . . the rest is the pad or cloth or brush - whatever - you use in the sink....

try the this test - take two sinks . .fill both with hot water - one with dawn or any other d/w soap - place equally dirty plat in both sinks . . . let sit - do you think one will be cleaner? no - the water softens, and your washing action removes - the d/w soap simply breaks the grease/oils.

by the way - actual dishwashing detergent is harsher than hand dish washing soap . . . because there is only water pressure to clean the dishes, the detergent has to do more - and the water has to be hotter . . .

we dont advocate the use of dishwasher detergent for your car . . .

and the actual number of times you are suggested to wash your car with dawn is . . . ready for this . . . . ONE !

its gentle enough to touch my hands and not EAT through and remove my pigment - how the hell is it going to eat through my factory clearcoat and get at my cars paint - in the 10 minutes it may actually be on my car while i own it . . .

i think part of your confusion is that zaino is called a polish . . . the classic sense of polishes is to remove the old layers etc . . . our products dont do that - but calling it a polish makes it easier to explain what it does, and is a tad more marketable than the other choices . . .

anyways - IMHO, you should feel free to ASK questions, assuming you actually want answers . . . . but the need to hate confuses me . . . .
Old 11-06-2002, 01:58 PM
A-CL & LS1.COM Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why zaino? Read Smiley's FAQ's and find out why...
http://smiley.tzo.com/fbody/zaino/zaino.htm