What do you use your microfiber for??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you use your microfiber for??

I have three mocrofiber towels and reguraly use them for various things when washing my car.

I always wet one down with warm water and wipe down all the leather seats, including the dash and doors. Use one dry one for going over the wet for a final touch. I tried them on the windows but just didn't work all that well for me.

What else do you guys use your microfiber towels for?!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What do you use your microfiber for??

Originally posted by mffdvr
I tried them on the windows but just didn't work all that well for me.

What glass cleaner did you use? If your glass cleaner has ammonia, might be a problem with streaking. I use Stoner's Invisible Glass with a cheap microfiber from Costco, and the glass sparkles.
Old 03-17-2002, 03:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I take a big bucket and fill it with water. I got a bunch of different microfiber towels and like the ones I got from a detailer buddy.

I just pop the towel in the bucket and squeeze excess water out. I then wipe down the interior -- dash, seats, doors, etc. I keep rinsing the towel in the bucket until I've got the interior done.

I have a separate microfiber for the inside windows, but sometimes I prefer to use some Wurth window cleaner with some no-lint wipes for getting "nasty clean windows"...

Finally, I have the microfiber "dust mitt" that Griot's sells (you can feel the static charge in it) and it does a great job of picking up lint and dust off the dash between car wash/interior sessions!