upp question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
upp question...

the new stuff is polycharge boosted....ok, went to their website to read up on polycharge boosted to find out what that is, and under the section where it talks about polycharged it says that you can boost any wax or sealant, and then tells you how to mix it up but states "only boost the amount of product you need as the wax will be usless after 48 hours and to throw away the unused part"....how do they get away with selling a whole bottle of the upp that is polycharged boosted....am i supposed to throw it away after 48 hours....i am sure i am not to do that with a 30 dollar bottle of sealant...but wtf over....

patrick, can you chime in here.....
Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Glad you asked that cuz it was in my mind for a long time ... marketing? If you throw away the unused you use more polycharger for another batch?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also thinking about that.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Have no fear........I asked the same question before I reordered the UPP w/PC.
I spoke with Gary over at FS, who manufactures PC. The chemical makeup in the FS UPP w/PC is different then the actual PC you can buy. Your shelf life of UPP hasnt changed, although your bottle has a "born on" date, that is just a requirement of products shipped to Ca. One Grand does the same thing. The shelf life can be upwards of 3 years if cared for properly. Gary at FS actually maintains his UPP........in his outdoor fridge!!
On another note, Im a sole supplier to a top notch detailer in San Diego, who called me the other day after I shipped him a 1/2 Gal of UPP. He said to date, with all of the cars he has done, UPP is by far the slickest product he has used....(I suppose thats why he keeps coming back for more?!)
The New Tire Protectant Gel is also Polycharged, as is the Leather Protectant....Those will be phased in as qtys diminish and additional inventory is shipped.....
So in summary............UPP w/PC will continue with a average shelf like, just like it was before, and just like all other surface care synthetics......
As always, if you experience anything abnormal, under normal conditions, contact me!!
If theres one thing I will do, that is stand by my products sold......
Old 06-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
thanks.....again!!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Patrick.