Tried CG Honey Dew Snow Foam and Dodo Supernatural Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts
Tried CG Honey Dew Snow Foam and Dodo Supernatural Hybrid

CG Snow Foam Wash

- I was quietly and pleasantly surprised by this. I have used Pinnacle bodywork shampoo for YEARS. I mean YEARS... I have loved that thing for a long time (yes, me "love it long time" LOL). I didn't think anything would surpass it. Well. There's always room for change. Snow Foam was extremely sudsy and extremely slick. For the first time, I followed instructions on the quantity to use... 2 oz. Then a dab of ONR. Then water in my bucket. The suds were insane.

During the washing process, Pinnacle or DP Extreme Foam would always tend to lose some of their bubbles... especially as I use a thicker mitt... This time around, 1/2 way through the washing process, I took a pic of my bucket. There was a lot more foam in there. Minor thing to others maybe, but to me, since I'm used to seeing something everyday, this was a pleasant surprise.

I also noticed two other things that it had over Pinnacle. It was noticeably slicker. I would rub the bucket solution in my hands, and I've done this with my Pinn and DP ONR combo as well, and it's for sure slicker. During the wash, my mitt is also noticeably slicker on my paint. So that's always a good thing. The best thing I noticed though, is how it really did NOT detract from the beading process. What do I mean by this? Whenever I wash my other cars, after the initial rinse, it's obviously beading very intensely. But after a wash, I notice that there is a very slight reduction in beading, and starts to sheet a tad more. NOT AT ALL with Snow Foam. I wish I took a video before and after washing (during rinse) to show you the beading. I did take a quick pic though showing the bucket and the rinsing... this is all POST wash. I was already done. And look at my bucket foam too. In the pic, this is AFTER my washing... my wash Snow Foam bucket is on left, my ONR rinse bucket is on the right (yellow). For the price, you can't beat this. Snow Foam might now be the successor to Pinnacle. That says a lot for me.

PROS

- extra slick
- extra sudsy
- long lasting foam
- cheap
- good scent
- does NOT strip/remove ANY lsp, even nubas.

CONS

- not sure I can think of one... my its anonymity? It will be famous soon enough

Here's a pic with water being sprayed on it... took some dexterity holding a hose in one hand, DSLR camera in another. lol

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (SNH)

- I have not used this product since the one time last year and a half sometime. I didn't even remember how it LOOKED. lol. So after my wash of Tori, I decided since it had a coat of SN (the real original one), I said, why not try the hybrid again on it. What I IMMEDIATELY noticed was how much easier it was to apply than SN. It not only felt slicker as if I was applying Fuzion/Souveran, but you could SEE the traces of where you applied SNH. When comparing to SN, I could hardly see where I was applying, so making sure it was thin and evenly covered was a tad harder for SN. SNH made it super easy. Removal was also muchhhhh easier. Like removing Fuzion. Looks-wise, it looks like SN, but with slightly less flake pop. I would have thought that with it having a polymer, it would have helped amp up the flakes more? SN I love on Tori's silver moon paint, because it really boosts the flakes. So for SNH, maybe it was just the lighting, etc... but I just noticed slightly less. Will I use it again? Oh yes... I am a Supernatural fan. That's Dodo's best stuff by far.

PROS

- Fuzion-like in its application/removal
- I can actually SEE where I am applying it, even on silver paint.
- still has the famed Supernatural warm glow look to it

CONS

- dare I say slightly less flake pop?
- cost!!!

ok got some sunlight pics of Tori wearing her SNH today. This was after I came home from lunch, so there might be a thin coat of dust on her already, but I think for silver metallic paint, I'm impressed with SNH... not sure if I see much difference in sunlight compared to original SN. Upon further inspection, degree of flake pop seems to be the same...

Thanks for reading... hopefully some of you have used these products and can resonate with my opinions. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I tend to use the CG citrus wash on every wash, but I seem to be getting mixed info, is that wash supposed to only be used as a surface prep/stripper for pre-wax applications... or can I use it as my daily/weekly wash soap without it stripping off the carnuba and other waxes on the surface?

Which soap of CG's do you use most? citrus or the snow foam on a daily basis

Last edited by OntheJob; 06-25-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,194 Likes on 3,975 Posts
Originally Posted by OntheJob
I tend to use the CG citrus wash on every wash, but I seem to be getting mixed info, is that wash supposed to only be used as a surface prep/stripper for pre-wax applications... or can I use it as my daily/weekly wash soap without it stripping off the carnuba and other waxes on the surface?

I think the citrus wash can be used as both...a wash and a stripper. If you dilute 1 cap per gallon it will strip wax. if you use 1 cap per 3 - 4 gallons it makes a nice wash. Pretty effective too, as it removes lots of road tar and bugs.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Originally Posted by pttl
I think the citrus wash can be used as both...a wash and a stripper. If you dilute 1 cap per gallon it will strip wax. if you use 1 cap per 3 - 4 gallons it makes a nice wash. Pretty effective too, as it removes lots of road tar and bugs.
check thanks.... Ive been using a lot more the a few caps per 5 gallon buckets to get lots of suds and lubricity on the mit... I guess Ill have to call them direct and get a more appropriate wash for what I am using it for.... good news is I still see good water beeding and sheeting so I dont think its a good stripper as say dawn dish soap would be...

<---open to any advice from the OP as well.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM
My first Avatar....

check thanks.... Ive been using a lot more the a few caps per 5 gallon buckets to get lots of suds and lubricity on the mit... I guess Ill have to call them direct and get a more appropriate wash for what I am using it for.... good news is I still see good water beeding and sheeting so I dont think its a good stripper as say dawn dish soap would be...

Yeah...I'm not sure about it yet. I did the one cap per 5 gallons dilution, and i got almost no suds or lubricity. Then i tried 1 cap per 4 gallons and it was much better.

If you do call CG and find anything out please post it up.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Yeah...I'm not sure about it yet. I did the one cap per 5 gallons dilution, and i got almost no suds or lubricity. Then i tried 1 cap per 4 gallons and it was much better.

If you do call CG and find anything out please post it up.
Ok so I called CG's direct and asked them about my question above- Is the citrus wash supposed to be used as a stripper only or a daily/weekly wash.

The answer was the citrus wash WILL strip off the wax and products on the car. Where as the Honeydew or the extreme wash, or even the maxi-suds is designed for a daily and weekly wash without striping the wax.

I also informed them it would be nice to clarify a little more in the wash descriptions as all the marketing hoopla makes it extremely ambiguous as to what you're purchasing.

<---fml as my $70 carnuba and glazes are being stripped without me knowing.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 PM
My first Avatar....

Ok so I called CG's direct and asked them about my question above- Is the citrus wash supposed to be used as a stripper only or a daily/weekly wash.

The answer was the citrus wash WILL strip off the wax and products on the car. Where as the Honeydew or the extreme wash, or even the maxi-suds is designed for a daily and weekly wash without striping the wax.

I also informed them it would be nice to clarify a little more in the wash descriptions as all the marketing hoopla makes it extremely ambiguous as to what you're purchasing.

Whaaaa?????!?!?!?!??!

I have to say....I'm more than a little pissed. Did they say that it strips no matter what the dilution rate? Thanks for checking into that!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
I've used citrus wash and clear for a while and it seems to work ok as long as you are very strict with the "dosing". Sometimes I even lean on the side of a little less soap to make sure I don't strip any protection.

I've thought about bring the honeydew recently, though.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Pro

Sorry for the delay bro... Been so busy this week. But as far as your question, I have both the citrus and the honeydew. The citrus I use only when I want to strip, which is essentially every two weeks. I love applying new and different LSPs (don't ask how many I have lol) as often as I can. So yes, citrus strips. Even on "daily" wash dosage, I found that it starts to make my paint lose its beading...so i know that it is stripping.

For honey dew, as I posted, it does not strip at all...of any sort. It's the first wash I've used that really had no degradation in beading. As for dosage, I just eyeballed it even...so I probably put wayy too much in there. But still, super slick, and no stripping. Love it.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by Integra2TSX
Sorry for the delay bro... Been so busy this week. But as far as your question, I have both the citrus and the honeydew. The citrus I use only when I want to strip, which is essentially every two weeks. I love applying new and different LSPs (don't ask how many I have lol) as often as I can. So yes, citrus strips. Even on "daily" wash dosage, I found that it starts to make my paint lose its beading...so i know that it is stripping.

For honey dew, as I posted, it does not strip at all...of any sort. It's the first wash I've used that really had no degradation in beading. As for dosage, I just eyeballed it even...so I probably put wayy too much in there. But still, super slick, and no stripping. Love it.

Fawkin CG have some REALLY bad marketing on the citrus!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Whaaaa?????!?!?!?!??!

I have to say....I'm more than a little pissed. Did they say that it strips no matter what the dilution rate? Thanks for checking into that!
pretty much yeah, i also informed them to stop putting in all the marketing hype and get down to the meat and potatoes when describing their products as its really confusing... will that comment make it to the decision maker there... doubtful.

Fawkin CG have some REALLY bad marketing on the citrus!
x's 2

I could scream right now.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-03-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Pro

Lol why are you guys so sensitive about cgs marketing campaign?
Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
My first Avatar....

Lol why are you guys so sensitive about cgs marketing campaign?
This is why:
Citrus Based High-Performance total auto wash & gloss formulated to simply be the best wash& gloss at any price. The Best Naturally derived Citrus Hyper Shampoo and Gloss Enhancer.....Dilutes 1 to 4000 the highest concentration of premium wash soap in the world. (1 Cap Full) mixes with 5 gallons of water delivering the finest premium clean surface that shines. A citrus base, hyper-concentrated wash+gloss is the ultimate surface prep paintwork cleanser, shampoo and gloss enhancer in one. Ultra hyper concentrated citrus extracts break down dirt and grime while lubricating surfaces allowing debris to be gently rinsed off. Naturally derived Citrus extracts are formulated with the finest cleaning and glossing agents available today to deliver a 100% pure Citrus Cleaner free of artificial thickeners, colors or additives delivering the cleanest, streak free high gloss finish.
Seems like they are marketing a stripper as a wash/shampoo. If it is going to strip wax and sealants, then they should market it as a stripper. Seems pretty basic to me.

nonetheless. I just HAD to order a couple more shampoos to test.

btw...Thanks for the tip on the Menzerna Power Finish 2500 polish. That stuff is awesome! Best corrective polish I've used!

Last edited by pttl; 07-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Pro

This is why:

Seems like they are marketing a stripper as a wash/shampoo. If it is going to strip wax and sealants, then they should market it as a stripper. Seems pretty basic to me.

nonetheless. I just HAD to order a couple more shampoos to test.

btw...Thanks for the tip on the Menzerna Power Finish 2500 polish. That stuff is awesome! Best corrective polish I've used!
You like menzerna stuff? Oh yeah... Best stuff hands down. Make sure you pair power finish with super finish. Then, use top inspection to remove oils to ensure a fully corrected surface. After that, should be ready for your glaze and seal.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM
My first Avatar....

You like menzerna stuff? Oh yeah... Best stuff hands down. Make sure you pair power finish with super finish. Then, use top inspection to remove oils to ensure a fully corrected surface. After that, should be ready for your glaze and seal.
Yep, LOVE it! I wish AutoGeek would put it on sale, I'd put some more on my shelf! I was also looking at the PO85RD Ultimate Finish UF-4500, a little less cut, a "1" as compared to a "2.5" in the Super Finish 4000. But, the same gloss factor as the Super Finish 4000. What do you think?

Last edited by pttl; 07-04-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Pro

Yep, LOVE it! I wish AutoGeek would put it on sale, I'd put some more on my shelf! I was also looking at the PO85RD Ultimate Finish UF-4500, a little less cut, a "1" as compared to a "2.5" in the Super Finish 4000. But, the same gloss factor as the Super Finish 4000. What do you think?
Yes I have po85rd as well... I have them all. . Po85rd is a little less cut and finishes down very well. It truly is more a jeweling polish. I usually use it when I just want to amp up the shine after I strip an lsp. So like, sometime 2x a year. But I use a no cut pad....so essentially it just gets rid of the outer layer of crud and dirt. I do no pressure at all on the pad. Speed 6.

But gloss wise, it's hard to tell a diff between super finish. Both are stellar.
The following users liked this post:
pttl (07-04-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM
My first Avatar....

Had to bump this thread instead of making a new one:

Well it's official, I dislike the Chemical Guys car wash/shampoos that I've tried from them. I've been using BOTH the Honeydew, and their Glossworkz Shampoos. I won't even mention the Citrius Wash which is actually a stripper.
I don't know about anyone else but, it just seems like the CG shampoos have no lubricity when washing my car. The wash mitt feels like it drags across my car when washing. I even tried mixing in a small amount of ONR, as suggested by Jesstzn, and still no good.

I got out a bottle of Pinnacle XMT Shampoo and conditioner, that I had sitting on the shelf for a year....FANTASTIC lubricity! I had forgotten about this great little car wash. Now I feel like my wash mitt isn't just scraping across my paint when i wash.

I have a $20 Pinnacle gift certificate from Autogeek. Guess What I'll be buying.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
If you like ONR, try Optimum Car Wash. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I wish I had hose access so I can wash my car the regular way. My car would hate me from washing it too much

Edit: I fail at reading! I guess you found a good soap that you like. Good luck
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
Slightly off topic....sorry OP, but maybe you or another detailer could help me choose the best product to clean that black gunk around the trunk drains. This thread below says the CG-Citrus Wash and Gloss used in a specific mix ratio(read many diff ratio's)will take this away. Is there another product that will perform better? All input is greatly appreciated.

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/diy-cleaning-hidden-gunk-56k-fail-744104/

Thanks in Advance!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Pro

Had to bump this thread instead of making a new one:

Well it's official, I dislike the Chemical Guys car wash/shampoos that I've tried from them. I've been using BOTH the Honeydew, and their Glossworkz Shampoos. I won't even mention the Citrius Wash which is actually a stripper.
I don't know about anyone else but, it just seems like the CG shampoos have no lubricity when washing my car. The wash mitt feels like it drags across my car when washing. I even tried mixing in a small amount of ONR, as suggested by Jesstzn, and still no good.

I got out a bottle of Pinnacle XMT Shampoo and conditioner, that I had sitting on the shelf for a year....FANTASTIC lubricity! I had forgotten about this great little car wash. Now I feel like my wash mitt isn't just scraping across my paint when i wash.

I have a $20 Pinnacle gift certificate from Autogeek. Guess What I'll be buying.
Pttl.... Sorry you don't like cg shampoos. Not sure why you have no lubricity with honeydew. I used it often and love it. Pretty slick for me. As for citrus, I use it as a regular wash sometimes, and it does strip sometimes, but usually only when I use a larger dosage. I do that when I want to apply a fresh lsp.

Originally Posted by Slpr04UA6
Slightly off topic....sorry OP, but maybe you or another detailer could help me choose the best product to clean that black gunk around the trunk drains. This thread below says the CG-Citrus Wash and Gloss used in a specific mix ratio(read many diff ratio's)will take this away. Is there another product that will perform better? All input is greatly appreciated.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744104

Thanks in Advance!
black gunk on trunk drain??? Explain.

For stubborn grime, I use ARO.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
One of the major flaws of CG is their TERRIBLE marketing/product info sections. It's been nice to see all there stuff over at Autogeek because they have been able to sort through the mess and put down whats needs to be said. But since A LOT of their products accomplish the same thing, there is a lot of overlap.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
black gunk on trunk drain??? Explain.

For stubborn grime, I use ARO.
Here are a couple of my pics.......maybe trunk drain wasn't the appropriate term?

I read in the thread that I quoted, that a certain ratio of the CG citrus wash and gloss would work. I also have read that many members didn't like that it wasn't as lubricating (of a car wash) as other products. I don't plan to use it every wash, but probably before waxing (as it is also a good stripper (of prior waxes)). ?

What is ARO?

Thanks for any/all help!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
My first Avatar....

Pttl.... Sorry you don't like cg shampoos. Not sure why you have no lubricity with honeydew. I used it often and love it. Pretty slick for me. As for citrus, I use it as a regular wash sometimes, and it does strip sometimes, but usually only when I use a larger dosage. I do that when I want to apply a fresh lsp.
Yeah I can't explain it. I now use the CG stuff on my wheels and tires. I'll stick to the Pinnacle XMT wash for washing the car.

I did use the citrus wash as a stripper this past weekend....works great for that!