There is no need to clay bar unless raildust or overspray is present

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no need to clay bar unless raildust or overspray is present

You are doing absolutely no good by clay barrng the car if it does not contain rough specks on it that mainly appear on the tops and upper sides of the cars known as raildust and overspray. This Zaino car bar mess is a bunch of bull. If you really want to try that ridiculous stuff out then be my guest. But half of it is not needed and really is not the solution to your paint problems. Just be careful if you feel obligated to try the Zaino but this may be too much wax for the car because the paint needs to breath and not allowing the paint to breath results in damaged paint, i see it all of the time. Just use a good wax when the car doesn't bead water any longer and you should be fine. If you want to remove swirls checkout the comments i made about "3M Finesse It" and removing swirls because it is quite enlightening.

Good Luck,

B
Old 07-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Wow you must be an expert.

Can I ask your background in the detailing business, cause you sure seem to be very knowledgeable.

Just be careful if you feel obligated to try the Zaino but this may be too much wax for the car because the paint needs to breath and not allowing the paint to breath results in damaged paint, i see it all of the time.
That's my favorite. You just keep believing that my friend. I'll get a hell of a lot more business from people believing that.

This Zaino car bar mess is a bunch of bull.
Wow, all those professional detailers must be wrong then. I can't believe I listened to them.

If you want to remove swirls checkout the comments i made about "3M Finesse It" and removing swirls because it is quite enlightening.
Well you kind of saved yourself at the end there. Finesse It is a good product, but for most amateurs. I would suggest SMR first.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:59 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Crap...

I thought I heard a voice coming from the garage last night saying "Air... I need air."

Paint needs to breathe...
Old 07-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Team Owner

Re: There is no need to clay bar unless raildust or overspray is present

Originally posted by bdheilig
Just be careful if you feel obligated to try the Zaino but this may be too much wax for the car because the paint needs to breath and not allowing the paint to breath results in damaged paint
I guess my paint has FLATLINED by now under my 20+ coats of Zaino.

BAWA—HA---HA !!!!!!

Shawn S
Old 07-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Re: Re: There is no need to clay bar unless raildust or overspray is present

Originally posted by Shawn S
I guess my paint has FLATLINED by now under my 20+ coats of Zaino.

BAWA—HA---HA !!!!!!

Shawn S
I'm gonna need an IV with 10W30 stat.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:02 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone.... anyone....... please help!!! I think I killed my car by waxing it too much!! What should I do? I think I suffocated it. I guess Bdheilig was right. It must of been that damn Zaino that killed my car! If anyone would like to attend the funeral, you can e-mail me for directions. Poor little CL. I'm going to miss her!!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So.... when's somone going to tell Mr. Detail himself that Zaino is not a wax!!! It's a polymer. LMAO, but I'm sure he knew that already. hehehe, ya....
Old 07-08-2002, 01:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RickRack
Someone.... anyone....... please help!!! I think I killed my car by waxing it too much!! What should I do? I think I suffocated it. I guess Bdheilig was right. It must of been that damn Zaino that killed my car! If anyone would like to attend the funeral, you can e-mail me for directions. Poor little CL. I'm going to miss her!!
I am bringing the Hearse with U-Haul trailer attached to come get the car right now... Visitations will be 2-4 and 7-9 after i strip all that dirt nasty Zaino off and drain all vital fluids and replace with embalming fluid.. We will then have the funeral ceremony on Wednsday at 10 A.M. were the family has asked everyone to walk to the funeral home since the sight of clean vehiles makes the owner of the CL-S (RICKrack) sick to his stomach.

Thank you and please call again
Smitty
The Forums PROFESSIONAL Funeral Diretor...
Old 07-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I wonder if he has read about / seen what Zaino does to cars.
This guy is a hoot.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sumone shood PM him this sight:

http://autopia-carport.com/

------
raildust makes me thirsty
Old 07-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Bluto
sumone shood PM him this sight:

http://autopia-carport.com/

You bet someone should, so he could teach them a thing or two right
Old 07-12-2002, 01:09 PM
A-CL & LS1.COM Member

Re: There is no need to clay bar unless raildust or overspray is present

Originally posted by bdheilig
You are doing absolutely no good by clay barrng the car if it does not contain rough specks on it that mainly appear on the tops and upper sides of the cars known as raildust and overspray. This Zaino car bar mess is a bunch of bull. If you really want to try that ridiculous stuff out then be my guest. But half of it is not needed and really is not the solution to your paint problems. Just be careful if you feel obligated to try the Zaino but this may be too much wax for the car because the paint needs to breath and not allowing the paint to breath results in damaged paint, i see it all of the time. Just use a good wax when the car doesn't bead water any longer and you should be fine. If you want to remove swirls checkout the comments i made about "3M Finesse It" and removing swirls because it is quite enlightening.

Good Luck,

B

/flame mode on/ :flamer:

You call yourself a professional detailer and you have no clue about claying. FYI smart guy - Clay is a surface preparation tool that helps smooth the paint and exfoliate contaminates, such as rail dust, tree sap, overspray, industrial fallout and other pollutants, and orange peel. It is imperative that claying is performed to prepare the surface for proper polishing.

Further, Zaino is not a wax...Zaino contains no wax (unlike Meguiars 3-step and all other non-synthetic products). Wax has little durability. Carnauba is a hard, yellow, brittle wax no matter what they try to tell you. It must be softened with solvents. It its FAR from optically pure. It melts at low temps easily obtained on darker cars. Why do you think you can't apply it in the sun? Such waxes are always mixed with other cheap waxes like paraffin candle wax). Paraffin melts around 135F. The product is no stronger than its weakest link. Zaino can withstand temps well over 300F. WEL over. But I am sure you knew this.

Zaino contains no abrasives. Most wax products contains abrasives even when they say it doesn't on the bottle. If you have a single stage paint and you see the color of your car on your applicator, you can bet there are abrasives in your product. I would rather leave abrasive products to the professional glazing industry like 3M or Presta. You can't get consistent abrasives in a departments store shelf products. They will invariablly leave scratches. EVER WONDER WEHRE THOSE SWIRLS CAME FROM??? You wash your car and go through a couple of rains or lots of sun and ask youself, "where did those from? I was so careful when I washed..." It's often from the cheap abrasivs (like SAND) in the wax itself and since the oils have rinsed off, you can now see them. Zaino contains no solvents. Why do you think so many products smell so nasty? What do you think you are smelling? Kerosene, naptha, things you can't even pronounce. Just take a look at an MSDS of some of the products you may be using. These solvents are harsh on your paint and your hands. Zaino can layer because it has no abrasives nor sovents to break down the previous layer. Other products may put up a better shine on a second application becuse you have doubled your efforts to remove oxidation and cut out larger swirlmarks. With enough layers of zaino, you can actually measure the difference with a paint thickness guage. It takes a lot of layers, but it does prove that it can build.

Special thanks to CobraManic! (Nick Hamawi), painter and detailer, as well as a ZainoMaster, for his insight.

/flame mode off/

Peace. Evan.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Further proof that nothing smart has yet to come from Greensboro..