Thank you TOGWT.....Im honored.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you TOGWT.....Im honored.

Im sure most of you have read "TOGWT"s replies in various threads, here and as well as other well known detailing forums. His threads are always concise, and very well constructed. His signature of "knowlege unshared is wasted" is provoking to say the least.
TOGWT is allowing exceldetail.com to host some of his documents online, for all to view, on my website link called "Quick Tips". He will attempt to provide me with these valuable tips and information tidbits, at his convenience, upon which i will add to the Excel "Quick Tips" page. This will grow to an online reference source for all Acurazine members as well as detail enthusiasts.
I wanted to express my sincerest appreciation to Jon for allowing me this opportunity.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, that's great! I usually copy Jon's replies and keep it on a document for reference. Just so much knowledge and experience to be shared ........ having Jon as a member on this forum is priceless. The same goes for you, Thanks!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Just dial 1911

While I like his responses, they always look like their just copied and pasted. Perfectly fine if its his own words, but I always thought that was odd...

Either way, it should be a great addition to your website Pat!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
99% of the replies are taken from- "Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist" - by Jon Miller aka TOGWT

No trees were harmed in the creation of this book, but billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!

{Knowledge Management} - Treating experience as a shared asset
Old 12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by TOGWT
99% of the replies are taken from- "Automotive Detailing Inside & Out, A Knowledge Base for the Perfectionist" - by Jon Miller aka TOGWT

No trees were harmed in the creation of this book, but billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced!

Ah, ok well now it all makes sense
Old 12-04-2006, 02:51 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Patrick
I want to say ‘Thank you’ for the opportunity to share the knowledge gained over the five decades that I’ve been involved in automotive detailing; helping m Father’s detailers at his MB dealership, as a part-time detailer earning money while at college (studying Architecture and Chemical Engineering, and now full circle as a part-time detailer / author, while working in the Oil & Gas exploration field.

The subject of car detailing and preservation is beset with myths and misunderstandings; many products rely on ambiguous claims, outdated technology and marketing hype, manufacturers have altered the descriptions of products to the point it's hard to differentiate between polish, wax, compounds, polymers, and the chemicals they are formulated from.

The underlying objective to successful automotive detailing is to revive and preserve the original as new finish; this is not done in an attempt to disguise a poor finish with products that create an illusion of cleanliness, but to correct them by removing blemishes and providing protection from the environment. There are numerous reasons for this, pride in ownership, entering concourse d’élégance events, maintaining a higher resale value or protection of what has become a large monetary investment, or simply pride of ownership. We spend a lot of time in our vehicles, anything from eight to sixteen hours and upwards. Finding the time in our busy schedules to maintain a clean vehicle can be difficult. But done on a regular basis it's not as time-consuming as when cleaning it is neglected.

A detailer combines chemicals, equipment as well as a knowledge of 'vehicle surfaces, ‘chemicals’, refers to the cleaning and protection products used, ‘equipment,’ refers to the tools used, for example, random orbital polishers, high-speed rotary polishers, extractors and power washers, to name a few. ‘Vehicle Surfaces’, requires a basic understanding of chemistry and how to rejuvenate and protect each of the many and varied material surfaces, regardless of its specific surface composition making objectives observations based upon the results obtained, and adjusting the techniques used as necessary

Detailing also takes willingness to experiment, which usually means deviating from the product manufacturer’s directions, making objectives observations based upon the results obtained, and adjusting the techniques and products used as necessary, always keeping an open mind on manufacturer’s claims for their products.

Again thank you for the opportunity –
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

He's from England, which explains his sophisticated vocabulary... unlike us...