Sweat and leather

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweat and leather

Hello all,

I was just wondering how bad sweat is for leather? When I go to the gym, I tend to come out pretty sweaty. Anyway's, my sweaty shirt sits against the leather for my 20 minute ride home. I condition my leather frequently with Zaino's Z-10 conditioner. Should I change shirts before going home, or will this not really affect my 07 TSX leather since it's a covered/protected leather?

Thanks much!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Instructor

im i the military n i get pretty dirty n sweaty, as much as i hate jumping into my nice tsx like that, it hasnt effected or ruined the leather in anyway. I too just do a regular condition n cleaning every week or so. I think i do it too much since everything in the car slips lol even my steering wheel =]
Old 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by JLTSX07
Hello all,

I was just wondering how bad sweat is for leather? When I go to the gym, I tend to come out pretty sweaty. Anyway's, my sweaty shirt sits against the leather for my 20 minute ride home. I condition my leather frequently with Zaino's Z-10 conditioner. Should I change shirts before going home, or will this not really affect my 07 TSX leather since it's a covered/protected leather?

Thanks much!
Why take a chance .. get a cheapie blanket form WW and fold it up and lay it on the back seat and then when ya get out of the gym throw it over the back of the seat. Once it seems soiled just wash it in the machine.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Racer

I keep a beach towel in my back seat for the drive home after I run 3 miles. I just tuck it under the headrest and drape it over the entire area so no part of my clothes touch the leather.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Salt...........
Ya ever notice after you dry out, you have a little salt left on your skin? It naturally degrades any protection on the seating. I say cover up (You or the seat) when you get in......And if you do condition your seats, you'll end up with that on your skin, and another thing, i cant reach every inch of my back!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
i cant reach every inch of my back!
If thats a hint ... don't look at me.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
If thats a hint ... don't look at me.
LMAO......now you know why you get two mints with every order Dale......
LMFAO......
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Advanced

a decent clean like Lexol should do the trick.... and then condition it!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Body oils & Sweat –are the main culprits as micro-body oils (and suntan lotion) will also migrate through clothing and finished leathers, they tend to permeate the surface quickly. Of all the ‘dirt’, they can be the most damaging because the acids in the body oils will have a destructive action on polyurethane leather covering and pigmented leather finishes, causing them to break down over time.

This product will help to provide protection against ultra violet radiation (UVR) oil, water, and alcohol based stains, as well as providing resistance to the effects of daily soiling It places an invisible, breathable barrier between you and your leather. Protect your leather first, and then follow a routine of cleaning and re-protection, this way you are not actually cleaning the original surface, but cleaning from the surface of the protection. Leather Master™ Protection hydrates the leather and provides protection– http://www.topoftheline.com / or http://www.leatherworldtech.com/