Surf City Beyond Clay, new to Exceldetail.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Surf City Beyond Clay, new to Exceldetail.com

Brand new to Exceletail.com! And we're excited! Maybe, just maybe a clay alternative? Surf City Beyond Clay. Results look promising! This has become Surf City Garages best selling product for the last 2 months, and Im certainly happy to have it arriving in 8oz tomorrow. Surf City Beyond Clay will retail for $14.99.

Here's a little description for your review:

Beyond Clay makes a clay bar obsolete. Just use a low-speed buffer, and Beyond Clay does everything a clay bar does plus so much more:

Removes surface contaminants
Removes overspray
Removes surface oxidation
Removes swirl marks
Removes light scratches
Deep cleans and polishes paint
Restores faded paint to original gloss

And unlike a clay bar, Beyond Clay never scratches your paint, and its 100% safe for all surfaces, including clearcoats.

Directions for Use:
Tools required: Low-speed or orbital buffer. (1) Wash car to remove surface dirt. (2) Shake bottle thoroughly. (3) Squeeze out a small amount of product onto car surface. (4) Take a low-speed or orbital buffer with a foam pad. Do not switch on. Move the buffer back and forth to spread product across pad. (5) Now, switch buffer on and move slowly across surface. Apply more product as needed and wipe excess product off with a microfiber towel. Repeat until entire surface has been buffed.

Surf City Beyond Clay actually removes contaminants, oxidation and light swirls. 2 products in one. Everything a polish and clay can do, in one bottle. It also contains light protectants for immediate protection. I recommend following up with your favorite sealant or
Surf City Nano Sealant , or
Surf City Barrier Reef Carnauba
Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting products there Pat!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
How does it work? Clay grabs onto and "pulls" rail dust out of the paint .. I can't see where this will do that ... It might work in above surface items but I really don't like the possibility of the pad pulling rail dust up and scratching the surface.

TW got a big :thumbsdow:thumbsdow for thier product.

D
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Patrick,

This is interesting. I am not sure how a liquid is going to pull up surface contaminants away from the paint.

I wonder if there is a video.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
How does it work? Clay grabs onto and "pulls" rail dust out of the paint .. I can't see where this will do that ... It might work in above surface items but I really don't like the possibility of the pad pulling rail dust up and scratching the surface.

TW got a big :thumbsdow:thumbsdow for thier product.

D
everything i have read about clay says that clay shears off particulates that are embedded into the clearcoat/paint, thus making the surface smooth....
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good because I just spent 3 hours claying my CL on Sunday and although it seemingly pulled up tons of shit from my paint...I didn't notice anything visually.

Just sense of touch.

If this product would be successful at doing what detailer's clay does I would be happy to give it a shot because the clay sucks to work with...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Surf City Beyond Clay. Its not just clay, so dont get stuck on a "liquid clay". Because yes, we have been that route before with TW, and it just didn't perform up to TW's marketing.
This product has the functionality of removing embedded contaminants, as well as oxidation and light swirls. Lets not get caught up on its a spin off of TW's failed product.
It does need the assistance of the PC as well! Results may depend on pad selection. Surf City was not explicit on recommending a particular pad. One could imagine if light surface contaminants are evident, one could use a light polishing pad, such as white or black. Anything heavier may need an Orange pad. So versatility is a bonus. Another bonus, it DOESN'T MAR.
It may not remove 100% of what a clay does, but on the other hand,
"Beyond Clay makes a clay bar obsolete. Just use a low-speed buffer, and Beyond Clay does everything a clay bar does plus so much more:"
  • it won't mar
  • removes oxidation
  • removes swirls
  • polishes
  • and protects
You have just taken one step out of your process with this product.
I have a NBP TL in Hollywood, coming up, and being in HW, I know its impacted with fallout. May be a better indicator of Surf City's BC!
Heck, the only reason I even knew of this product was from the phone ringing and the customer saying "I dont see it on your website"!
I was like "Huh?" I carry all of SC's stuff! (Well I do now I guess)