Souveran.... revisited.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts
Souveran.... revisited.

Sometimes, we get caught up in the glitz and hoopla of new products, we forget about what works, and what works WELL. Ever since I cracked open my used 2 year bottle of 4Star UPP and was taken aback by how good it looked... I tried it again with Souveran.

I essentially haven't used it in a long time since I got rid of my black G35... now with Kona, I get to use it again.

Bottomline, it works. And it works well. I'm sure durability is questionable, but I don't care. So easy to apply and the looks (though it lasts only a couple days) is worth the 5 - 10 minute time it warrants to apply it. I applied Souveran this morning, 2 coats, after a wash and dry with CG HoneyDew and CG V7 respectively.

Long live Souveran.... it has once again earned its spot back in my LSP shelf.

Unedited photos below, taken this morning:

and still one of my favorite shots:

Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
There are a few waxes that will supply the same overall look as Zymol, Swisswax, et al (although this is very subjective) P21S Carnauba Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste Wax; these are probably the best waxes out there that are way beyond their price bracket in terms of aesthetics.

Last edited by TOGWT; 07-09-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,830 Likes on 4,281 Posts
Put it right on top of the UPP huh? It looks so good.

Even of the Souveran wears off quickly the UPP will still be there protecting.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TOGWT
There are a few waxes that will supply the same overall look as Zymol, Swisswax, et al (although this is very subjective) P21S Carnauba Wax and Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste Wax; these are probably the best waxes out there that are way beyond their price bracket in terms of aesthetics.
I could not agree more.

Originally Posted by pttl
Put it right on top of the UPP huh? It looks so good.

Even of the Souveran wears off quickly the UPP will still be there protecting.
Yes sir... I love having a sealant base. I don't have to strip as often. I let the nuba just fade away. But yeah Souv + UPP is a great combo
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Damn, it looks like the finish is pure glass.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Do you think the liquid version of this LSP would render the same results as the paste version that you have ?

They claim it will... but I have used many LSP's and nothing compares to the look of the paste... your thoughts?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Damn, it looks like the finish is pure glass.
Thanks Steven... I try to keep it as such

Originally Posted by OntheJob
Do you think the liquid version of this LSP would render the same results as the paste version that you have ?

They claim it will... but I have used many LSP's and nothing compares to the look of the paste... your thoughts?
I have used liquid souveran for years. It's not the same as the paste. The liquid has some polymers in it... either way, it is formulated more so for lighter colors and paints with metallics. The liquid is also a tad more durable, but both versions are terrible for durability. Paste look lasts a couple days to a week, tops. For darker colors though, nothing beats Paste.

p.s. see my thread on Victoria Red?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Integra2TSX
Thanks Steven... I try to keep it as such

I have used liquid souveran for years. It's not the same as the paste. The liquid has some polymers in it... either way, it is formulated more so for lighter colors and paints with metallics. The liquid is also a tad more durable, but both versions are terrible for durability. Paste look lasts a couple days to a week, tops. For darker colors though, nothing beats Paste.

p.s. see my thread on Victoria Red?
victoria red.....? no i didnt
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by OntheJob
victoria red.....? no i didnt
here you go! lotsa pics

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/victoria-red-concours-wax-finally-tried-862891/