Souveran Paste wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Souveran Paste wax

Just got my order today with the stuff I am going to detail my car with. For the last 11 months I have been using NXT car wash and then NXT 2.0 wax. My plan for this weekend, if it doesn't rain is to wash it with Wolfgang auto bathe. Next clay it with the Mother's clay kit I have. Then apply Klasse AIO and Klasse sealant. Once the sealant sets I was going to use Souveran paste wax. After receiving my order I noticed the Souveran paste is recommended for dark colored vehicles. My TL is Palladium Metallic, so now I am wondering if this wax will look good on a lighter color like this. I don't expect it to have the depth it would on a black vehicle but I'm hoping it will still look decent. Anyone have experience using this wax on a silver vehicle?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
After the Klasse twins you may not want to add anything!

You using a PC or doing the AIO/SG by hand?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Advanced

By hand. Though I have a feeling after all that work I might want to seriously look into investing in a PC
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
U are buying all these quality products and then applying them by hand is just a waste of money. A DA polisher is very easy to use and even for a beginner u will still achieve great results.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

A suggestion for the Klasse, esp the SG:

Once you apply it VERY thin and let it dry (the time it takes to apply it to the next panel), when you go back to buff the previous panel have a small spray bottle with a little SG and water on hand. Shake it up and give the panel ONE small spritz (two for a large area like hood) if you find the buffing off to be too difficult.

The SG is pretty tough to remove by hand (takes a lot of work) and this makes it infinitely easier.

Ask me how I know.

Now, I put a MF bonnet on a pad on the PC and buff all I want! No pain, no numb fingers/hands/shoulders.

Also, TAKE PICS!

We love them.

Would love to hear/see how the Souveran turns out on top of the SG.

Originally Posted by BukvaMan
U are buying all these quality products and then applying them by hand is just a waste of money. A DA polisher is very easy to use and even for a beginner u will still achieve great results.
Nonsense. It can be done. The PC will make it easier, but Klasse and wax have both been applied and removed many times by people without a PC.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 05-26-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stogie1020
A suggestion for the Klasse, esp the SG:

Once you apply it VERY thin and let it dry (the time it takes to apply it to the next panel), when you go back to buff the previous panel have a small spray bottle with a little SG and water on hand. Shake it up and give the panel ONE small spritz (two for a large area like hood) if you find the buffing off to be too difficult.

The SG is pretty tough to remove by hand (takes a lot of work) and this makes it infinitely easier.

Ask me how I know.

Now, I put a MF bonnet on a pad on the PC and buff all I want! No pain, no numb fingers/hands/shoulders.
Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely be sure to do this.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Souveran Paste looks best on dark colored vehicles, but will still look great on lighter colors too.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, when applied correctly, will wipe off effortlessly. It can be a little tricky to use, and if it is hard to remove, that generally means you either applied too much product or didn't let it haze long enough.

Apply it extremely thin to a highly polished surface out of direct sunlight on a cool panel, let it sit for about an hour, and wipe off should be a breeze. But like others have said, if you have any trouble removing the product, use a couple sprays of water or a quick detailer to aid in the removal process.

Before applying the Souveran Paste Wax, let the Klasse Sealant Glaze cure for at least 12 hours.

Last edited by Nick@Autogeek; 05-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I'm not a big fan of buffing off dried wax/sealant with a PC .. too big a chance of dry buffing and also one little piece of grit gets under the cloth/bonnet and its disaster swirls. Trust me I know.

As for applying the SG. Apply very thin, I initially mist a yellow foam applicator with distilled water then add a few squirts of SG from one of those 2 oz travel spray bottles. This primes the pad.

Do 2 panels then go back and remove the first ... do one .. remove one.

When removing SG I use a soft quality M/F and I fold inin 1/4 and then mist the face of the towel with distilled water and remove the SG. Might take a couple mists on the towel per panel.

Always remove in straight lines in the direction the air flows over the car where you can. Never remove in a circular motion. Always use the towel flat .. never scrunched up. Removal is very easy this way.

SG as with any LSP is dependent on surface prep. If you aren't investing in a PC at least add a paint cleaner to the program to remove the oxidization. ColorX is a good low $$ OTC one. Use it after claying.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the info and tips, I appreciate it. Looks like Sunday and Monday should be when I do this since it is not supposed to rain either day. To bad my house doesn't have a garage, could have done this today. Pretty excited to see how the car comes out looking when I am all done.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Good luck!

Lot's of good advice here for the AIO/SG application and removal.

FTR, AIO/SG topped with Collinite 845IW is the bulletproof combo I use in Arizona in the summer. Beads like mad with good gloss/depth.

I need to strip the BF off the car and get the SG on it soon... We are near 100 degrees already.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020
After the Klasse twins you may not want to add anything!

You using a PC or doing the AIO/SG by hand?
Will the Klasse twins remove 10 y/o swirl marks from my wife's Xterra if I use the PC? Or will I need something else? I read..

Klasse All In One Polish will remove oxidation, minor swirls, old wax, and other surface blemishes
To me the AIO is for newer cars with minimal swirl marks? Correct/wrong?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hornyleprechaun
Will the Klasse twins remove 10 y/o swirl marks from my wife's Xterra if I use the PC? Or will I need something else? I read..

To me the AIO is for newer cars with minimal swirl marks? Correct/wrong?
Klasse AIO is a chemical cleaner and the only swirls it will remove is if they are in the oxidized layer.

AIO is for all cars .. old & new if they need a cleaner. If your going to polish the car with a PC and polishes then the AIO step for that purpose isn't needed but can be used after polishing to clean & prep the surface for the sealant.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Bent = #1

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Klasse AIO is a chemical cleaner and the only swirls it will remove is if they are in the oxidized layer.

AIO is for all cars .. old & new if they need a cleaner. If your going to polish the car with a PC and polishes then the AIO step for that purpose isn't needed but can be used after polishing to clean & prep the surface for the sealant.
Thanks, I thought I'd need something else.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Advanced

Got a severe case of strep throat last weekend and was finally feeling good enough to get this started today. Got the wash, clay, Klasse AIO and Klasse SG done in 4.5 hours (not to bad for doing it all by hand and still not feeling great.) Let the SG set for about an hour like Nick@AutoGeek suggested and it came right off with a MF towel. Car looks great now, can't wait to see how it looks once I apply the Souveran wax in the morning.

Took pics when I got done today and will take some tomorrow. Much harder to tell from a picture of a silver car than a darker colored car how good it actually looks.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blkhwkz
Got a severe case of strep throat last weekend and was finally feeling good enough to get this started today. Got the wash, clay, Klasse AIO and Klasse SG done in 4.5 hours (not to bad for doing it all by hand and still not feeling great.) Let the SG set for about an hour like Nick@AutoGeek suggested and it came right off with a MF towel. Car looks great now, can't wait to see how it looks once I apply the Souveran wax in the morning.

Took pics when I got done today and will take some tomorrow. Much harder to tell from a picture of a silver car than a darker colored car how good it actually looks.
I'm anxiously awaiting pics of how it looks after Souveran is applied.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Advanced

Car was looking good this morning, but after the Souveran it looks incredible I really wasn't expecting it to come out as good as it did since it's silver, but definitely a huge difference from before I started this morning until now. Just waiting for the sunlight to get a bit better where the car is parked and then I can get pics. Not sure if they will do it justice, but I'm definitely a fan of Souveran now.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Advanced

Pics definitely do not show off how good it looks. The metallic in the paint isn't visible like it is in person...

Last edited by blkhwkz; 06-03-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Bent = #1

Nice.. looks good
Old 06-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by BukvaMan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an orbital is necessary for wax (except to save time and energy). I think an orbital is only needed for polishers where it needs to be broken down.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an orbital is necessary for wax (except to save time and energy). I think an orbital is only needed for polishers where it needs to be broken down.
I think that was mostly in reference to the AIO but I could be wrong.

Hey, I use the PC for the SG, too!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
That's the main reason right there to use a DA Polisher!

A DA Polisher with a soft finishing pad applies a much more even, uniform coat of wax when compared to applying it by hand.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
That's the main reason right there to use a DA Polisher!

A DA Polisher with a soft finishing pad applies a much more even, uniform coat of wax when compared to applying it by hand.
Except it doesn't get into all the small areas.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Except it doesn't get into all the small areas.
Waxing a small area by hand beats waxing the entire vehicle by hand.

If you really want to get in all those hard to reach areas, the Griot's Garage 3" Polisher is worth looking in to.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
Waxing a small area by hand beats waxing the entire vehicle by hand.

If you really want to get in all those hard to reach areas, the Griot's Garage 3" Polisher is worth looking in to.

Outside of the energy part I don't even find it saves time if you have to stop .. put down the PC .. wax the small area .. pick up the PC etc etc etc I still do all the application by hand. I have a second PC with a 4" pad and I tried that for tha smaller areas but again .. switch PCs .. and the smaller one still doesn't get ALL the small areas.

In addition another $100 output is tough to justify just for small areas.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Outside of the energy part I don't even find it saves time if you have to stop .. put down the PC .. wax the small area .. pick up the PC etc etc etc I still do all the application by hand. I have a second PC with a 4" pad and I tried that for tha smaller areas but again .. switch PCs .. and the smaller one still doesn't get ALL the small areas.

In addition another $100 output is tough to justify just for small areas.
To each their own, find what works best for you and stick with it.