Simoniz System 5

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Team Anthracite Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simoniz System 5

Evening all. I bought my AM TL on Friday but can't pick it up until underbody moldings come in and are installed.... IT'S KILLING ME!!!

Anyway, was wondering if any of you had "bit" on the Simoniz System 5 protection package with Teflon that Acura offers (at least in Cary, NC). It supposedly protects against acid rain, tree sap, bird crap, etc. It's $429 but I don't know if it's really worth it. I do get some tree sap in my driveway - have a wooded lot and no garage. For that alone, it might be worth it.

Anyone have any knowledge/experience with this?

Thanks - John
Old 07-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Safety Car

don't get it, not worth it. either invest in some nxt or zaino for paint protection. klasse all in one sealant is another good product that is suppose to last long and provide protection and shine. don't get suckered into any detailing products from the dealer.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Team Anthracite Pirate

Thanks caball88. I typically don't go for these things so was just wondering. I want to make sure I keep my new baby looking it's best!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jrecufan
Thanks caball88. I typically don't go for these things so was just wondering. I want to make sure I keep my new baby looking it's best!
Speaking of suckered, stick with a well priced polymer product, or acrylic like Klasse. There are a many Z users who havent tried anything else and are swept up in the hysetria that Z creates. Is it good ? Yes, Is it decently priced ? I dont think so......Are you of the type that can let your cars finish sit there, or do you prefer monthly hands on anyway? I had a client try to give me some Zaino over the weekend and i refused, i just dont want to bother, but its your car and wallet....Your the one who needs to be pleased, and thats whats important.....
Old 07-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Team Anthracite Pirate

THat's good information too detail. I prefer a reasonable price for a good product - you should be able to get something to protect your car without spending a fortune. I am very hands on & baby my cars so that won't be a problem.

Now the question - how easy is it to get Klasse? Can you find it in automotive stores or do you have to get it over the internet?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Zaino, and don't think it's that expensive compared to other "exotic" waxes. When you factor in the long lasting quality of Zaino, it's shine, and ease of application and removal, it's a no brainer for me. I used to use Pinnacle Sovereign wax on my '02 TLS (NBP) and I loved that wax but Zaino is better IMHO
Old 07-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Intermediate

Thats right guys the Simoniz isn't worth it. I had it done when I bought my car and I am regretting that ever since. What a waiste of money.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Team Anthracite Pirate

Thanks JetJock. I'll go with whichever of the two is easiest to get. From what I saw on the Internet, the Klasse is more expensive anyway.

Sontipheap, I think you're right from what I've read. I've decided not to get the Simoniz.

I get my new TL tomorrow - I am SOOO pumped!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Speaking of suckered, stick with a well priced polymer product, or acrylic like Klasse. There are a many Z users who havent tried anything else and are swept up in the hysetria that Z creates. Is it good ? Yes, Is it decently priced ? I dont think so......Are you of the type that can let your cars finish sit there, or do you prefer monthly hands on anyway? I had a client try to give me some Zaino over the weekend and i refused, i just dont want to bother, but its your car and wallet....Your the one who needs to be pleased, and thats whats important.....
Wow, what a hypocrite. Did you read what you wrote? And yes, I've tried Blackfire, Klasse and a bunch of others and I tell you that Zaino is better.

Hell, read all the reviews out there.....
Old 07-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
If you want quick, easy, long lasting, and available in most auto parts stores, go with Liquid Glass. Yes, it's been around forever, but it's still a great product.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
If you want quick, easy, long lasting, and available in most auto parts stores, go with Liquid Glass. Yes, it's been around forever, but it's still a great product.
I've been using it for years, but you have to get used to the white dust and the static. Kinda gets annoying after a while.

I want to try Klasse to see if the shine on the SSM gets any better. I was wondering if it is any better than Liquid Glass (more shine, easier to apply/remove, last longer??)

I applied Meguiar's ColorX (with an orbital polisher) to my mom's black car and found how easy it is to apply and buff. I wish LG was like that. If Klasse was that easy, then I'll get it.

Anyway jrecufan, if I were you, I'd be weary of any dealer applied paint protection stuff. They may have a clause that applying your own wax/ polish could void the warranty. I had this on my old Mustang and it was a mistake and a waste of money. You literally have to wait until your car looks like sh*t for them to re-apply/ refinish the car. It's just for unsuspecting old people who never wash/wax their car until they can't recognize it anymore.

It's more fun waxing your own anyway, and the many different products you can try until you find one that works for you.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Wow, what a hypocrite. Did you read what you wrote? And yes, I've tried Blackfire, Klasse and a bunch of others and I tell you that Zaino is better.

Hell, read all the reviews out there.....
Please explain what i said that was hypocritical..? And no I have no idea what i wrote, i must have thought i was somewhere else ? What are you talking about ? Back up your statement, how is Zaino "Better"? Price, ease of application process, depth, clarity, shine, filling properties, durability (probably got me on that one if you apply 12 coats like most like to do) etc......My opinion is based on the info i have read, and experienced. When was the last time you spent a week on Autopia, going through posts'?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:54 PM
18"AndUpNoSitinOnMinors

all i got to say about the simoniz is that it sux all ur paying for is the paint protection warranty. and thats comin from someone that works in a reconditon shop at an acura dealer. my fav wax is collinite its an insulator wax, nothin works better, and what a shine it gives on dark colored cars.