Sick Car Wax!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Car Wax!!

OK, I'm sure you heard it before, but bear with me. This Sunday my wife, friends and I were going to the Big E with is our local New England regional fair. Before we went, she came in the house pissed off because she hit the pole in our garage with her front fender. No biggie, I polished it out and told her she had bigger problems. She ran over paint and had white paint all over the side of her '01 Blue Accord. Anyway, we went to the fair and while there we saw a guy pushing car wax, Liquid Lustre. It looked good, but I'm skeptical about these things. I told her to buy it so she could get the paint off her car. When we got home, she washed it and used the wax. Let me tell you, she doesn't take very good care of her car as most women do (I said MOST, not ALL). Anyway, not only did it take off the paint, but her car looked damn good! So today when I got home from work, I figured I'd give it a try. Now I'm pretty fanactical about my toys, but I swear I never used wax this good and I've tried most of them. I bought my TL used and it was pretty good, but not perfect. This wax took off stuff I thought I was going to live with! I even had the car buffed when I bought it but it never looked as good as it does now. This is no BS. It says "as seen on TV" on the bottle, so I don't know how easy it is to get, but I'm sold and looking for more. If you can find it, give it a try! Liquid Lustre See my car here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693960
:
Old 09-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DAVERUBINO
OK, I'm sure you heard it before, but bear with me. This Sunday my wife, friends and I were going to the Big E with is our local New England regional fair. Before we went, she came in the house pissed off because she hit the pole in our garage with her front fender. No biggie, I polished it out and told her she had bigger problems. She ran over paint and had white paint all over the side of her '01 Blue Accord. Anyway, we went to the fair and while there we saw a guy pushing car wax, Liquid Lustre. It looked good, but I'm skeptical about these things. I told her to buy it so she could get the paint off her car. When we got home, she washed it and used the wax. Let me tell you, she doesn't take very good care of her car as most women do (I said MOST, not ALL). Anyway, not only did it take off the paint, but her car looked damn good! So today when I got home from work, I figured I'd give it a try. Now I'm pretty fanactical about my toys, but I swear I never used wax this good and I've tried most of them. I bought my TL used and it was pretty good, but not perfect. This wax took off stuff I thought I was going to live with! I even had the car buffed when I bought it but it never looked as good as it does now. This is no BS. It says "as seen on TV" on the bottle, so I don't know how easy it is to get, but I'm sold and looking for more. If you can find it, give it a try! Liquid Lustre See my car here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/693960
:
I remember Liquid Lustre when it came out in the mid to late 1980s or early 90s. Not bad product. I think there was one infomercial when they burned lighter fluid on the car hood and there was no damage. Is it still pink and come in a small clear bottle? Since then, I've tried many other products. I was hooked on Zaino, but now I'm hooked on Meguiar's NXT topped with S-100.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:04 AM
Racer

Yep, that's it. Smallish clear bottle with pink liquid. Amazing stuff!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Racer

http://www.liquidlustre.com/
Old 09-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Racer

I remember Liquid Lustre when it came out in the mid to late 1980s or early 90s. Not bad product. I think there was one infomercial when they burned lighter fluid on the car hood and there was no damage. Is it still pink and come in a small clear bottle? Since then, I've tried many other products. I was hooked on Zaino, but now I'm hooked on Meguiar's NXT topped with S-100.
I've been using NXT and I love it as well. What is S-100? What do you do, apply the NXT and then go right over it with the S-100? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Looks nice, but I think most dark color cars will look nice and shiny after a good clean/wax.

I'm sure Liquid Lustre looks great, but you'll have to wait and see how long it lasts on the car.

Personally ... I'm still a Zaino fan. (NXT and S100 are great too, but Zaino seems to last longer).

Old 09-28-2004, 08:14 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rock
I think there was one infomercial when they burned lighter fluid on the car hood and there was no damage.
I'm pretty sure that stuff was called "Auri". I ordered it, man what garbage that stuff was.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
Looks nice, but I think most dark color cars will look nice and shiny after a good clean/wax.

I'm sure Liquid Lustre looks great, but you'll have to wait and see how long it lasts on the car.

Personally ... I'm still a Zaino fan. (NXT and S100 are great too, but Zaino seems to last longer).

your car is beautiful... i have an NBP type s as well and my damn well does not look anything like yours...
btw what kinda drop is that?? thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Liquid Ice

Its riding on Tein SS Coilovers. About a 1.75" drop in the front and rear.

Originally Posted by big mike 13

your car is beautiful... i have an NBP type s as well and my damn well does not look anything like yours...
btw what kinda drop is that?? thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 11:10 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TypeSDriver
I've been using NXT and I love it as well. What is S-100? What do you do, apply the NXT and then go right over it with the S-100? Thanks for your help.

S100 is a caranuba paste that is chemically identical to P21S.. Same company, one is for cars and a little more expensive (P21S) the other is for morotcycles and also happens to be really strick o their resellers, you have to send them pictures of your ike shop if you want to sell the S100!!

I have been using P21S paste wax on top of klasse AIO and SG, with great results. I feel the caranuba wax gives the car a velvet/silky smooth feeling, instead of the clean/smooth feeling you will get from pure sealants of hybrids.

The Klasse will outlast most waxes/sealants and the caranubas give the depth the sealants lack in.

By the way....Wrong Forum
Old 09-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Originally Posted by DAVERUBINO
http://www.liquidlustre.com/

I bought that stuff 2 years ago. I think I still have a half bottle left.

I got lazy though...and now I almost never even wash my car.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:10 PM
is the Mighty Favog

I'm told Harley Davidson dealers carries a version of of P21S a bit cheaper in price.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Blasing
I'm told Harley Davidson dealers carries a version of of P21S a bit cheaper in price.
Yes, it is called S100. It is the "Morotcycle version" of P21S. It is the same company and the same ingredients..
Old 09-28-2004, 08:44 PM
My "P" SpAnKs YouR "S"

liQice, why are ur turn signals red? i havent seen that b4. i really like it. i was planning on going with 2002 rear lights on my 2000 tl-p with red bulbs but i like yours. whered u get those?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:47 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by LiQiCE

Okay, that picture did enough convincing. I'm converting to Zaino.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

YEA^^ ME TOO any more pics liqice???
Old 09-29-2004, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Okay, that picture did enough convincing. I'm converting to Zaino.

Not to take anything away from that picture, VERY WELL DONE!!! But a majority of high class caranuba waxes will out shine zaino hands down. The reason zaino is so highly regarded is for it's combination of durability and shine, it is a sealant though. I have a black Range Rover I'm working on right now, I'll post some pics tomorrow of during the DIY I'm doing on swirl removal.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Liquid Ice

Originally Posted by big mike 13
YEA^^ ME TOO any more pics liqice???
You can see all of my pics by clicking on my sig. Note that black cars are the shiniest. If you look at my Silver S2000, it doesn't look nearly as shiny ... it still has a nice reflection with Zaino it just isn't as nice as the black.

Just to give you an idea ... This is a few months after putting Zaino on the car and just from washing it:

Oh and TL_Fo_Life, the reddouts on my tail lights was done using red vinyl. Its pretty much the same material that is used by the RSX's to red out the amber from their tail lights. Its semi-transparent so my blinkers still work. Would look best in all red, but then I wouldn't pass safety inspection for the reverse lights.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:58 AM
04 5AT ABP/Camel

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
I have been using P21S paste wax on top of klasse AIO and SG, with great results. I feel the caranuba wax gives the car a velvet/silky smooth feeling, instead of the clean/smooth feeling you will get from pure sealants of hybrids.

The Klasse will outlast most waxes/sealants and the caranubas give the depth the sealants lack in.
I use these same products, and get the same awesome results.

See For Yourself!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

would the 2 klasses with a caraunuba wax be a better winter prep compared to zaino? also how would the 2 + wax work with hiding swirls?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:16 PM
My "P" SpAnKs YouR "S"

Thanks I appreciate it. Ive seen it done on early 90's accords.