scratches, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scratches, need advice

might be out of place, but i figure asking here might provide me with more insight (already posted on the TSX problems/fixes section).

so i discovered this weekend that some a-hole put some gashes into my back bumper (07 NBP), probably from all the street-side parking i do by my apartment.

they're all relatively deep. the scratches look like the run left to right. maybe someone backing into a spot and turning behind me.

not sure what i should do here. they're into the polyurethane, and the surface is pretty scraped off. the thing is, i have the 07 euro-R body kit that i was going to put on. but now i don't know if i should try to fix these scratches first, then put it on, or just put it on and let them be. do shops have to repaint the whole bumper in these cases?

the placement--two scratches look like they'll fall within or below where the back kit meets, although one is really on the edge. the other is above where the kit/bumper would meet.

here are some pics. any advice would be appreciated. i wanted to put on my kit in the next 2 weeks, but this development has pissed me off royally.

PIC 1--first 2 scratches, one measured w/ my key would be on the border of where the kit/bumper would meet

PIC 2--third scratch, would be covered by kit

PIC 3--broader view of first 2 scratches in relation to reflector marker, etc...

PIC 4--someone w/ a euro-R kit on. note where the lip meets the line on the bumper. one of the scratches i have is right on that bumper line, so i'm not sure what the coverage will be.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Your best option at this point wouild be to apply some polish, and gently remove any transfers that may have occured. This will reveal what is left.
You may want to locate a mobile bumper repair company and see if they can assist you.....I know there are ways to fill in the plastic, I just dont know how to do it....
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool. thanks patrick.