Running out of time on a project. (Quick reply please)

Old 02-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Running out of time on a project. (Quick reply please)

So I'm running out of time on my first project. I'm working on my gf's silver 99 Volkswagen Beetle (as a guinea pig before my TSX ). I didn't expect it to take this long, but it's the first time I'm using a PC, so it's taking a little while to get accustomed to things. I'm running out of daylight and time (before superbowl). Here's where I'm at:

I washed and clayed. I'm right now finishing up my first pass with an orange erasure using Optimum Compound. I've buffed out a considerable amount of surface scratches... It's amazing. Anyhow I'm running out of time!! What should I do? Should I:

Let her drive it and next weekend rewash hit it with a paint cleaner then Klasse SG? If I did this would I have to reclay?? It snowed quite last month, so there's a lot of sand/grit/dirt on the roads)

Or just go straight to the Klasse SG without polishing? I don't think there's any marring or anything from my orange pad/coumpound use. The surface looks pretty darn good (minus a supre bright shine).

Ugg if only I wasn't a newbie, it wouldn't have taken so long
Old 02-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Noob cardinal rule:
Allow ample time for detailing!
Now........If your done with your polishing, you'll be ok. Just set aside some time when you complete it. Theres no need to re-clay. But I would advise a thorough wash, and maybe a IPA wipedown. I say get your ass out there at 1/2 time and finish it up !
Old 02-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here's teaser pic of the semi completed project. Heh, I really had to rush on this one. More pics to come after I apply the Klasse SG. FYI This is my first PC use.

PS. Thanks for the advice, Patrick, I just did a quick polish, and will apply the sealant some time soon.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
So you have used Sg before? By the way, AW has shipped......Hey! No knee pads or ass carpets, ya have to man it out! Thats telling me your getting comfortable polishing!