REVIEW: Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer & Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
REVIEW: Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer & Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

If you guys (and girls) don't know what to ask for for Father's Day (or what to get yourself), let me recommend Wolfgang products....more specifically the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish and their Deep Gloos Paint Sealant.

I got this at AutoGeek.net after talking to Nick.

I've had my Type S for 5-1/2 years now. I've tried all sorts of product on my car. I've used Zaino, Meguiars, Dodo Juice, Menzerna, JetSeal and Griot's Garage. So I've been around the block when it comes to protection and the kind.

But when Nick suggested I try Wolfgang's products, I didn't think the finish on my car could get any better. I was wrong.

I tried these 2 products tonight, in preparation for the National Meet here Kansas City. If you ask Swoosh, my car has always had a very smooth finish! So I've always been happy with the way any of the product I've used have worked, but I have to say that the Wolfgang's products are some of the best I've tried to date.

I applied all this by hand because Swoosh is using my Porter Cable because McCollins has his Porter Cable. So I'm left to apply with elbow grease.....

I cleaned my car and started with the Paintwork Polish Enhancer. This will clean, polish, remove old wax, remove road grime, minor swirls and surface imperfections.

I applied with a Micro Fiber applicator pad and let it dry to a haze. This stuff is applied side to side. I tried to emulate the pattern I would use if I applied this with a Porter Cable.

I wiped with a new Micro Fiber towel that I got at AutoGeek.net (I hadn't treated myself to any new Micro Fiber towels in a while...).

At this point, the paint felt.....clean. It wasn't slick. It just felt "natural" to the touch. I'm so used to "slick" that I was anxious to try the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant!

The label says that this protect and beautify any color paint for months, not weeks!

This is applied in a circular motion. I applied regularly because it does not say to apply a thin coat. I kept going in a circular motion until I could feel the product working into the paint. The instructions did not say to wait until the product dry, so I took a 100% Cotton towel and wiped the product off.

Wow! You've heard the saying, "soft as a baby's butt". This was about 10 times better than that! I thought I've felt slick before, but this Wolfgang product is about the slickest I've ever felt. Just wait until the guys at the National Meet feel the paint job this weekend.

Here are the results......

Needless to say, I'm happy with the results. Plus, it only to me a couple of hours to apply both products. I'm anxious to see how well these products last on the paint and the finish of the Type S.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-06-2013 at 09:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SlaammedILX (06-11-2013)
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Great work Steven!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:20 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
I have been a Meguiar's guy for a while now and have used Gold Glass Plus, NXT and UW. I got the sample bottle of DGPS 3.0 from Autogeeks about a month ago and I agree. This thing is pretty awesome and as for looks, I would compare it to Gold Class. So basically, you are getting the looks of a carnauba and getting the protection of a sealant.

If I want to get the same results with Meguiar's I would have to put down a layer of UW and top it with Gold Class.

Don't get me wrong, I am not about to throw Meg's waxes in the thrash because DGPS 3.0 is about $40 while Meg's UW is about $20 and Gold Class about $9. I also think that application and removal is a bit easier with Meg's UW. If you allow DGPS to haze, the removal is as stubborn as Gold Class which isn't too bad.